Nazis at the Center of the Earth - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Nazis at the Center of the Earth Reviews

½ July 11, 2015
Asylum Entertainment was dropped on its head as a baby.
June 29, 2015
The second half is absolutely hilarious!
June 12, 2015
Nazis at the Center of the Earth is a surprisingly entertaining low budget schlockfest that goes well beyond what I expected and truly managed to keep my attention from start to end (mostly).
To expect big budget Hollywood quality here is just silly but clearly the filmmakers put a little cash behind the film with some nice set pieces, lots of bad CG, and a decent smattering of physical gore FX.
If you like films like Dead Snow or Iron Sky this is the film for you. It even has Jake Busey and Dominique Swain for those looking for an actor they recognise. Sure they are B or lower level actors but you'll probably recognise them.
Seriously, this film isn't all that bad. Is it 3 star good? Probably not, but seeing as how I've seen it twice now and I'd be willing to watch it again... I had to give it an extra star simply for being that surprised by how entertained I was.
½ March 14, 2015
Not Bad, seen a lot worse. In poor taste, but reasonable acting and effects.. worth a watch as only 90mins long...
½ January 4, 2015
Nazis living in underground cities kidnap scientists in the Antarctic in order to help with research and creation of zombies. Sure, it sounds improbable, but no more improbable than any of the idiots in this movie actually being scientists. Actually, the movie is a clever social commentary on medical ethics and human experimentation. Ha ha - just kidding. It's total crap but it's not like I was expecting Citizen Kane. Of course, there is no real evidence to suggest that Nazis are actually living in the center of the Earth trying to reanimate Hitler in a robotic body. Naturally, this is all the proof I need to know that not only is this possible, but is probably happening right now. Someone should really investigate. I'll wait here - let me know what you find.
½ December 9, 2014
The pièce de résistance of course is the Hitler Veg-O-Matic! It slices, it dices, it makes julienne fries! But wait there's MORE! It makes you wee your pants from uncontrollable laughter!
October 17, 2014
I decided to quit after 8 minutes when the guy didn't know how to properly ask an interrogative sentence in his script.
½ August 1, 2014
That robot hitler though....
June 19, 2014
Must be the worst movie I have ever seen...
March 14, 2014
Okay to clarify two things, 1 I know that this was meant to be a parody of iron sky, and wolfenstien 3D. And 2. It's the Asylum. I paid to watch a needlessly violent and cheesy movie and that's what I got. For the people who claim that this movie was written by 10 year olds let me just say that ain't so. The Asylum actually did there research as back in 1939 the Nazis did send out a small escapade to build basses in Antarctica. They even say where they got there source material from in the directors commentary. Yes the characters can be annoying and I didn't find anything that I liked outside of the novelty of the story taking place in the center of the earth. Though there was one scene early on when they were underneath the ocean surrounded by whales with nothing but a thick ice barrier to safeguard them that did for a brief moment add tension. I also like the practical effects from when the Nazis surgically someone's face of. Though it becomes comical towards the end when the main characters try to fight back and rip the jello like face off of one of the Nazi drones. It's funny and it made me laugh but it just didn't work with the tone that the rest of the scene had at the time.
The music is pretty good and the creepy atmosphere is complemented by surprisingly decent lighting. Seeing as most asylum films consist of having a skitsofrantic camera man just standing in one place for a few seconds and then shake it like there's a 9.5 magnitude earthquake the very next, seeing a film that actually has decent action and a camera that competently follows it is a treat. My one biggest complaint is that towards the end of the film there is a forced abortion scene where the Nazis use a fetus's regenerative properties to re-animate Hitler's head in a jar.

Now I'm not sure if the Asylum is trying to sent a subliminal message that If you support abortion, then you are just as bad as Hitler, but I like to think that it's just there for shock value and mindless fun. The ending is not particularly great, and the special effects are about what you would expect out of a ps2 game. Still it definitely won't appeal to everyone, and as a movie by itself I just can't imagine it gaining anything more than small cult status, if that. But It definitely shows that the Asylum is trying harder to make there films watchable and in that respect all I can say is that they did a decent job, and if they keep uping the quality of there movies like this one small step at a time, then who knows, maybe ten years from now they will make a smash hit that people will actually
be running to theaters to see. 3/5 stars
½ February 26, 2014
worst movie ever. Of all time
½ November 18, 2013
You know when The Asylum makes it, it's going to be bad. There was definitely a level of intrigue I had going in hearing how it was a friend's favorite bad movie. I have to say, it was pretty good for what it was. It's just so... intentionally bad that I can't really appreciate it. There are many moments with just the acting or direction that it feels so obvious they were just trying to be bad. I completely understand budget and hardly doing under a single take, as well as the challenge and excitement of trying to make a film like this while spending the least amount of money possible, but there were just some actions that I couldn't wrap my head around.

Overall, it was what it was. The acting was surprisingly alright, the characters while often one-note were fun to watch, the story was absolutely incredible, but it knew it was a bad movie too often. Big credit to Swain and Busey.
½ October 18, 2013
Has to be the worst film in history, terrible CGI, too gory, boring story, and not even funny to watch.
½ September 28, 2013
Really? A Hitler Robot(Hitler's Head with a giant robotic body?) Bad acting, plot & effects
September 11, 2013
It's got a plot, it's got an unpleasant application of a vacuum cleaner, it's packed full of Computer Generated Incredible and there's even some acting in a couple places.

Amazing.
½ August 9, 2013
Some of the very worst shit ever, and with NAZIS!!! This film has a boring pace, story and characters, with bad acting, horrible special effects and lack of any exitement. The thing is this movie is so bad is hilarious, every second there's something to laugh your ass out, specially that poorly generated robo-Hitler-thing that belongs to movies like Birdemic. If you're going to see it, do it by your own risk, this can destroy your hope and faith in movies.
½ July 17, 2013
This was just bad. Bad plot, bad acting, bad directing, bad sfx, there is NOTHING good to say about this movie. And I loved Sharknado... don't waste your time on this one!
July 6, 2013
Best Nazi based movie that takes place in the center of the earth.
June 30, 2013
Can it be possible that a film called NAZIS AT THE CENTER OF THE EARTH is actually mean to be serious? It is possible and it's simply awful. Expecting tongue in cheek satire, NAZIS instead delivers a bland mix of ALIEN and THE BOYS FROM BRAZIL. So bad, it's simply bad, After watching NAZIS I wanted by 89 minutes back!
June 23, 2013
Brilliantly entertaining rubbish :)