Ne le Dis à Personne (Tell No One) - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Ne le Dis à Personne (Tell No One) Reviews

May 21, 2017
Entertaining enough.
April 25, 2017
A man is near his wife as she get's murdered. He could not save her, and eight years later he is naturally still pretty down. He get's a few cryptic e-mails. It may be from his wife, but he is not crazy, is he? The police is also crawling up his neck. Why is she dead and why was he found knocked out next to her? This is a cat and mouse games with many threads. There are shifts, turns and constant development. This is very tense and perfectly paced stuff. There are few plot holes and flaws, but then again there is so many clues, turns and added stories here that it's easy to get lost.

Incredible acting, not only by François Cluzet but the entire cast delivers. It's wonderfully shot, cutted and clipped. It's editing is groovy and the music choices are very good too.
Some chase scenes are incredibe - like Bond, just realistic. Intelligent thriller that drags you to the screen and won't let you look away until the credits arrive. Filled with details and very entertaining film, still a bit cliche-filled and it plays out like many other films and the total plot never really surprize you. It does hit the right spots, and that's the most important thing, really. This is a mysterious crime thriller exactly the way you want them. A gem and a surprize for me.

8.5 out of 10 carved trees.
½ March 28, 2017
Great cast , great script .
February 7, 2017
Although there were a few things unexplained, I still enjoyed seeing the book brought to the screen.
½ September 9, 2016
"Tell No One," although it's fairly convoluted and repeatedly commits a deadly sin - explaining events through the dialogue for the audience's understanding, rather than the character's, it's an intense, tightly-scripted thriller that will have it's grip on you from beginning to end.
August 16, 2016
awful. this movie has more hole than swiss cheese. how far do you think a man who smokes this much could run. if you get in a garbage can so the police cant find you do you think its a good idea to start kicking the garbage can. I could go on and on
½ August 1, 2016
Canet's ideas zoom past at an alarming rate -- it's quite hard to get invested on a dramatic level, and this due to how the film plays out like three individual films inelegantly spliced together. And this could've worked out fine if it was a TV series, and each plot thread was better fleshed out -- but the result is something that ruins itself in the end. Instead of getting moved or electrified, I just got infuriated.
½ July 9, 2016
Well-made, effective and entertaining French mystery thriller.
June 21, 2016
The overt ethnocentrism made me want to vomit and i also hated the garden of eden ending . It would of been a good movie if it wasnt so ethnocentric. It was ethnocentric in a digusting egotistical way that just really made me sick... excuse my unedited grammar
March 31, 2016
This loser Beck's wife has got to be really dumb !

This also explains why she married him...
½ January 18, 2016
Ecxellent screenplay, just awesome. Pure enjoy to follow how the tangle unravels.
January 18, 2016
French w/ English subtitles. Awesome, simply awesome. We're still talking about it the next day, trying to find plot holes in an incredibly tight script. One we found: There must have been three cars at the lake.
January 4, 2016
Mærker mig, at mange kritikere mener, at plottet i denne thriller er "labyrintisk". Måske er det mig, der er en lidt for garvet rotte, men jeg synes, det er nogenlunde ligeud ad en svagt kringlet landevej -- men under alle omstændigheder er det da skønt med en krimigåde, hvor alle enderne bindes smukt sammen til sidst. Det plejer en del andre instruktører desværre at skide højt og flot på. Hammergod underholdning for tænkende mennesker, endda krydret med fed action -- og uden huller. Tak for det!
December 27, 2015
The best suspense movie I've seen, ever.
December 13, 2015
François Cluzet plays the widower who comes under renewed suspicion when his wife's murder case is re-opened, only to receive a mysterious email containing a clue only she would know. What follows is a sometimes laughably convoluted take on the Hitchcockian 'wronged man' format, but one that keeps the thrill-o-meter on high and the suspension of disbelief even more so, largely due to its highly credible cast.
November 23, 2015
Thriller francés, con muchos twist plots, sale de lo común.
½ October 21, 2015
A well-crafted if a little confusing mystery thriller.
October 20, 2015
slow yet intense twists and turns of a desperate husband. perseverance wins the doubts
October 5, 2015
When I watch a murder mystery, I always treat the director as a magician pulling off a magic trick. Did the movie execute its magic trick flawlessly? Not at all. It was clunky, at best. It tried to be more than just a murder mystery by adding a variety of characters or strange occurences, but afaic, it brought only fatigue to the viewer. Halfway through the movie, it dawned on me that I was only putting up with the film not because of interest but for mere "closure". At the denouement, the film tries to pull a final twist, and by this time, I wanted to scream. The actors weren't bad, and seeing KRISTIN SCOTT THOMAS (of Four Weddings and a Funeral fame) in a French film in full acting gear after all these years was a welcome treat. ??????
½ August 2, 2015
A drama that continuously evolves and matures, twists and turns. Safe for a few small plot goofs, this movie is a triumph of the suspense-thriller genre, and a glowing example of what French cinema can achieve at its best.