Nearing Grace - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Nearing Grace Reviews

March 18, 2015
This movie looks good. When's it coming out on DVD?
December 7, 2012
Another movie to see!
½ March 14, 2012
Whenever you're scared and running away, You should actually be running toward.
January 11, 2012
This movie was interesting. I thought that Gregory Smith did a great job at his role along with the rest of the cast and I also found the whole story to be very heart lifting and sad at the same time. It was one of those love storys where you kind of know it's coming way before it does but it still worth watching. All the characters were what i think made the movie so great.
½ January 31, 2011
It's easy to call a film cliche, but if that film represents a vision that the filmmaker has always wanted to realize, it's not really fair to dismiss the movie just because someone else got there first. Family dramas often feel the most cliche, because we all live in them everyday. I don't deny that some parts of the film are predictable, but many more are strikingly original and honest - and those are the ones that you'll remember. All of the performances are quite excellent.
December 26, 2010
disappointing. even though greg was pretty hot either way
½ December 15, 2010
Didn't think I would like this at all. In fact the only reason I even took a glimpse at it was because of the aspect of "eye candy" (Jordana Brewster). As cheesy and over dramatic as the protagonist is written, there are multiple moments in the movie that gets you to reflect on your own memories.
½ November 6, 2010
For some reason Greg Smith did a good job and was entertaining. The rest was tripe.
½ April 6, 2010
A Some Kind of Wonderful-esque love triangle that doesn't quite resolve as cleanly as you'd expect. Gregory Smith was adorable in Harriet the Spy way back when, but now, he exhibits the puckish naturalism of a young Jean-Pierre Leaud, the smoldering looks of James McAvoy, and the dead-eyed complexity of a hit-not-miss Daniel Radcliffe. The movie is sexy, life-affirming, philosophical, wry - a little bit too ambitious for that matter - but nevertheless, a bittersweet bildungsroman.
½ February 24, 2010
While I enjoyed this movie, I felt that the plot and outcome was predictable. Of course he was going to end up the girl he did, this is the way it always happens.
February 21, 2010
I liked it! The plot wasnt anything new but I found the characters and the relationships interesting. The weed-dialogs were funny. (And Ashley Johnson's gorgeous!)
February 14, 2010
i love gregory smith, cute movie
December 6, 2009
we're going to watch it this weekend. whew!
October 29, 2009
I knew I would like this movie because I have been a fan of Gregory Smith since "Everwood". But I don't think the plot was as profound as intended.
October 29, 2009
Sounds horrible but Jordana Brewster is pretty hot
½ September 29, 2009
This movie was pretty much Gregory Smith getting stoned a lot. Luckily, he plays a good stoned person. It fails to be profound in that it starts off slow and the ending is really too boring and overplayed that the rest of the film gets lost. I guess it was ok though.
August 13, 2009
Dawson's Creek-type of movie - sex-oriented version, though. Unrecommended.
½ January 20, 2009
It is nothing very profound but rather a typical high school story (with a few adjustments) that has been portrayed much better (and much worse) in other movies. People seem to love rehashing an overdone story. Acting is fine.
January 12, 2009
**SPOILER ALERT** Predictable, in a "happy ending" sort of way. Regardless, I kinda liked it. Typically styled teen movie, at least I think so.
December 30, 2008
This is the kind of film I hate and enjoy. It's quite full of itself as is the protagonist and most of the supporting characters. Despite this, I still enjoyed watching it because in some this film represents our fear of living and coping with the process of living.

It's all emo nonsense at the end of the day.