Needful Things Reviews

• Jul 09, 2020

Strong adaptation of one of King's most thoughtful books.

Strong adaptation of one of King's most thoughtful books.

• Apr 28, 2020

No tan genial como la recordaba

No tan genial como la recordaba

• Apr 06, 2020

It was a good movie it made you appreciate. Everything you already have.

It was a good movie it made you appreciate. Everything you already have.

• Dec 23, 2019

My first review on here. I had to contradict the people who didn't like it. I was drawn in from the beginning. I really liked the Gaunt character and how he manipulated the town by playing into their fantasies, desires, hatred, fear, etc. Seems like an evil Dale Carnegie. I was immediately mesmerized from the first scene when Gaunt mentioned the Air Jordans, which is my favorite shoe. I was just admiring a pair online and dreaming of buying a pair before the movie started. What are the odds?! This movie really spoke to me on many levels. I have not read the book. I just read a review of the book and I may pick up a copy. In my honest opinion, this is a great movie.

• Brendan N Super Reviewer
    Oct 20, 2019

The film is okay and passes the time without being the typical Stephen King adaptation around this time. The main issue I had was the pacing and overall storyline arc. They don't make too much of the characters and it's only the interactions with the villainous new store owner that shows us anything. The film is deeply flawed, but the cast is incredible and you might find yourself liking this more than it deserves, you're not alone. I had expected this to be a complete dud, but it was interesting. I'm now eager to see if they release the longer version on video. This would be interesting to see as a longer version due to the cast and subplots. Ed Harris has a showy confrontation at the conclusion, but he is not the central figure and in that sense, is wasted. 20/10/2019

• Jul 29, 2019

One of the most underrated, most misunderstood and most funny movies I know. Not that there is a moment to laugh because of funny fun. It's pure bashful laughing. This is a very very harsh mirror, mostly to the american w.o.l., but of course to human nature in general. Maybe the reflection was too sharp then. People could not bear it and just said "no ! that's not us !". But it is us. One of the most underrated, most misunderstood and most funny movies I know. Not that there is a moment to laugh because of funny fun. It's pure bashful laughing. This is a very very harsh mirror, mostly to the american w.o.l., but of course to human nature. Maybe the reflection was too sharp then. People could not bear it and just said "no ! that's not us !". But it is. One can read it everyday in the news. However, Max von Sydow is great, if not iconic as the incarnation of evil. I thought I recognise sometimes a diabolic joy in his face while he is playing his part. The movie tells us that things are the least needful for us. The most needful things are us, our families, our fellow people. The fight against evil cannot be fought with violence in the physical plane. It is a fight that takes place deep inside of our minds.

• Jun 02, 2019

great story, good direction and twist with a most satisfying ending.

great story, good direction and twist with a most satisfying ending.

• May 25, 2019

If I hadn't read the book I would have no idea what was going on. The blue Ghostbuster lightning was cheesy in a not good way (I usually love it), and they cut out like 75% of the plot. This could have made an amazing miniseries, and maybe some day it will be made. But seriously, don't waste your time with this.

• May 19, 2019

such awful movies were made in the early 90s

such awful movies were made in the early 90s

• Apr 05, 2019

A very good adaptation of Stephen King's novel! Ed Harris and especially Max von Sydow do a great job bringing the characters to life.