Neon Flesh - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Neon Flesh Reviews

June 22, 2015
A well written inter-woven plot lines screenplay.
June 27, 2014
Smart movie. Think Guy Richie on a budget, but still enough to impress.
½ June 8, 2013
Sangrienta pero muy buena.
February 22, 2013
If you are a guy you will love this action movie. If you are a girl you won't like this bloody and violent movie. If you are a gay guy you will love the leading star
½ November 18, 2012
You know, I wouldn't be very honest if I didn't mention this film's similarities to something that Tarantino or Guy Ritchie would do. In fact it feels like a collaboration between these two men where Ritchie got most of his stuff in because Tarantino was busy with his other projects and then sold to Paco Cabezas to film as he saw fit. Of course that's now how the film really was, but it's obvious who influenced Paco Cabezas to write this film. Even with that said, I still really enjoyed this film. I thought it was stylish and entertaining. The story isn't anything to write home about but the film is littered with interesting characters. Not necessarily the most complex of characters, but all had their own little stories and that certainly is good. Unfortunately, in its last act, the movie does get increasingly convoluted as you see how all the characters are connected, but it wasn't really that much of a detriment to the film overall. But it just got a little far-fetched. The cast is solid and Mario Casas, the protagonist, while not necessarily great, does have some potential. He sort of reminds me of Tom Hardy and Channing Tatum and he's already better than one of them...guess who???? The rest of the cast definitely picks up the slack though with their chemistry. The writing is good, certainly very swear-heavy but still good and there's some good amount of comedy here. I wouldn't say this film is perfect by any means and Paco Cabezas certainly wears his influences on his sleeve, but I had fun watching this film. It's not something you'll remember for the rest of your life but it is entertaining.
September 30, 2012
spanish movie, supposed to be a sort of guy ritchie style like in long, stock, etc. unfortunatelly, it is not.
August 3, 2012
Transsexual the most interesting character.
½ May 4, 2012
One of the funniest Spanish movies I've seen in the last years.

The twisting plot reminds Guy Ritchie's or Tarantino's but also "Mujeres al borde de un ataque de nervios" and all the good Spanish' comedies tradition.
March 13, 2012
If you don't mind subtitles and love gangster movies more like Layer Cake this movie is a Spanish version for you. Very tasty and goes down smooth. Check it out on Xfinity/Comcast On Demand HD for 7.99. You can watch a free preview to wet your bloody appetite :)
½ September 26, 2011
Truly awful film with great acting and looks like a studio big-budget effort but the stupendously puerile storyline is utter cack. Like a bad Guy Ritchie film - avoid.
½ June 21, 2011
Guy Ritche a la española.
½ May 3, 2011
Bastante mas divertida y enloquecida de lo que parece en un principio. Pero la verdadera estrella de la pelicula es Angela Molina;divertidisima en su papel de ex prostituta. Lo triste es que a mitad de pelicula la historia se disperse y el final sea un poco atropellado. Pero aun asi se deja ver
April 19, 2011
A great movie with echoes from 'Lock, Stock and two smoking Barrels', but with an unexpected emotional core. It reminded me of the anarchistic teneur of early Almodovár films. A little gem to be discovered. After the excellent 'Celda 211', director Paco Cabezas is now a man to watch.