Never Let Go - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Never Let Go Reviews

August 28, 2015
This bleak and bitter British film noir boasts two stand-out performances - from Peter Sellers as a psychotic car dealer, and Carol White as his teenage mistress. By contrast, Richard Todd has a difficult role as the 'little man' fighting for justice, but is helped by a sharp script and pacy direction.
½ December 5, 2012
Watchable but not my kind of film
½ July 11, 2010
I came upon this movie on the MGMHD channel and was intrigued. Peter Sellers gave a fine performance as the villain in all seriousness.
December 31, 2009
A B-movie about a "little" man turning into a vigilante when his car gets stolen by a bunch of gangsters. Although Peter Sellers makes for a delightful and sexually depraved villain, Richard Todd cannot carry the lead in this movie. The story arc carefully develops from the humble beginnings of the disaster to a showdown, where the former salesman takes the law into his own hands. Unfortunately, Richard Todd does not sell his anger well and at times, he is playing his character so whinging, that one almost wishes he gets killed by the villain already. Pity, because the rest of the cast is quite solid. With the movie being set in Swingin' London, a lot of genuine British actors make an appeareance, flagshipped by a refreshing and flamboyant Adam Faith. All in all, it is worth watching for Peter Sellers and the sight of London in the sixites.

½ September 15, 2009
An overlooked little gem of a character piece. I got it because Peter Sellers plays an evil gangstery type guy, and who wouldn't want to see that. The good news is he's great. He's actually pretty threatening and does some nasty stuff. The movie is really about a lowly salesman who gets his car stolen by Sellers' gang. This movie is stunningly photographed in black and white, and like I said, some pretty nasty stuff happens. John Barry did an amazing score for this, all jazzy and cymbally and awesome. Trust me and give this a netflix rental sometime.
½ July 30, 2009