Never Been Thawed Reviews

• Feb 18, 2012

Wow, maybe the 2nd best non-Christopher Guest mockumentary. (The best being The Grand.) Well developed characters by a bunch of faces I did not recognize. Great Job!

• Jan 28, 2012

This is a pretty funny ans well made mockumentary. It's always a good time making fun of groups of weirdos. Similar to Best in Show and Waiting for Guffman. Pretty damn funny

• Sep 15, 2011

I laughed hard. If you liked "Saved!" you will like this one.

I laughed hard. If you liked "Saved!" you will like this one.

• Jul 07, 2011

A locally made movie that's pretty funny for the first half-hour or so. Unfortunately, the movie is 90 minute long, and the rest of it plays out like an episode of Family Guy: joke about a gay guy, joke about a deaf guy, unfunny attempt at a joke that gets dragged out until the end of days but still never manages to become funny.

• Aug 19, 2009

not for everyone, for sure, but....(at first) deals with the PSYCHOSIS behind collecting, hoarding, and other ocd-like behaviors through satire, and is actually pretty effective and funny. anyone who comments on the "acting" and such doesn't really get the point. the main problem with it is that it quickly segues into so many other things---hypocrisy, bias, and the often fucked up nature of human thought patterns and behavior. needed to either be a cable series, or far more focused.

• Jul 21, 2009

Now here we go! This here is again proof that you don't need all that much money if you have a good idea. And this is pretty god damn clever and entertaining. And ridiculous and funny as hell! The story is great and it has everything that a good mockumentary should have. Interesting and funny characters and stories and really clever writing. Funny funny stuff. Nicely done!

• Jan 25, 2009

This is a poor man's Best of Show. Very creative idea but just horrible in concept. That being said, and the fact that I didn't really like it, the attention to detail was quite good. The little things made the movie click and had the performances been better the movie might have worked.

• Jan 09, 2009

Most people would not make it past the first 15 minutes. This movie is very low budget with mediocre acting skills. It's also the type of movie that if you stick it out, you forgive it's faults and (I hate to say it) your standards are lowered and you REALLY have fun with the movie. The main character of this film is also a graphic designer. A lot of his work is noticeable in the movie. The gags are very easy but I got a good laugh every now and then. It needs polishing but it's a great effort.

• Oct 20, 2008

• Sep 02, 2008

One of my faves! It is a satire in the form of documentary, and at the same time it is purposely amateur. Genius.