The Neverending Story II: The Next Chapter Reviews

• Sep 27, 2019

Not my favorite one but its still good considering its a 90s movie. So you really have to love the special effects and appreciate the efforts thay went into it.

• Jul 25, 2019

A decent but forgettable sequel.

A decent but forgettable sequel.

• Jul 15, 2019

Why why why would you make a first film that cleaved so closely to the first third of the book, and made a bunch of money, only to then just throw the rest of the book out because "you know better"? This movie is a tragedy and a betrayal to the source material, and retained only the faintest aspect of the novel. If there was an art crimes tribunal that could be called, then aggravated felony charges against the producer/writer/director would be a slam dunk.

• Jun 19, 2019

No heart, no original cast, and no reason to be. This blemish has nothing to do with the original. The main actor looks like Miley Cyrus as a boy and that is enough to turn my stomach. There is no convincing necessity in this movie, and that means it is dull and unmotivating.

• Feb 07, 2019

I was a big fan of the first The NeverEnding Story. It was a was a stunning movie that I will never forget. The second one however has no magic whatsoever in it, it felt like a cheaply made movie trying to bank off on a popular title. Although the setting did feel like it was taking place inside the same universe but everything else felt like a cheap imitation. Very sad.

• Jul 14, 2018

7.14.18 dvd @home w/sh

7.14.18 dvd @home w/sh

• Feb 07, 2018

A very unfaithful, cringe-worthy sequel.

A very unfaithful, cringe-worthy sequel.

• Sep 13, 2017

"i wish for a spray can!" is that the best our idiot protagonist can come up with when fighting off 8 foot giants with lobster claws? this movie insults the first one that was a big part of my childhood!!! this movie is absolutely insulting to fans of the original.

• Jul 26, 2017

Not an interesting movie. The first movie was so amazing while this one is half as good as the first one. 2/5 or 4/10

• Feb 16, 2017

Jeez, all you people are too stuck up and up-tight. The only reason everyone is giving this such bad reviews is because the first one was so badasss. Treat this one as its own and I dont get why this doesnt fall in with some of the other OK fantasy flicks out there. The recasting of atreu and bastian is pretty bad, Ill give you that, but the characters and goofy plot development is kind of interesting. 2 of these stars are for the characters alone. The fact that he gets to wish everything into existence leaves so much to happen! He has a luck dragon! Man... you people need to lighten up and take it for what it is: a goofy 80's-esque fantasy movie.