Neverland - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Neverland Reviews

March 18, 2013
Perhaps not for the average movie viewer, but this film takes an unique and dark interpretation of Peter Pan and delivers it to modern audiences. Although the rich LGBT-context and the less than high quality cinematography (I felt at times like I was watching a shoddy Youtube-quality video), I very much enjoyed this re-imagining.
½ December 29, 2012
A bizarre retelling of "Peter Pan". Neverland is an amusement park where Peter and the Lost Boys hang out, hiding from the maintenance supervisor who dresses as a pirate during park hours. Tinkerbell is usually drunk or on "fairy dust" and becomes jealous when Peter brings Wendy back to the park. It doesn't really play out like "Peter Pan" but it's easy to see the similarities and they do quote from it. Definitely not for everyone. It is R-rated and very trippy. I was unsure about it a first. The filming style is very amateurish...too artsy at times with it's flashing colors and psychedelic look. Given that this is for a mature audience, the cast is older than what is thought of for "Peter Pan". The overt gay nature of Hook gave me some good laughs and his intentions towards the Lost Boys is apparent when he catches them and ties them up in a basement. I 'm sure that my rating is higher than what "normal" people would give it. For me, this was one of those movies that is so bad that it is kind of good...in a bizarre, twisted way. There's also the plus of seeing Wil Wheaton playing John Darling and being asked by Hook if he wants to play pirate.
½ July 13, 2012
I think we watched like 10 minutes of this movie and then just gave up. Terrible.
March 21, 2012
Very nice adventure movie and a good start to the peter pan series.
½ January 24, 2012
Of course we all know the story line, but this time there is a twist. Set in a failing theme park, the lost boys are 20ish run aways, Captian Hook and his gang of leather boys aare the care takers. The movie is shot almost like a college project type shoot, or low budget. The acting is okay, noting epic about it, but still the movie has an excellent message. I am wondering how Will Wheaton got involved in this you don't see much of him.
Over all I like the movie as a modern telling or an old story it was great.
January 5, 2011
really cool adaptation of peter pan, kind of twisted in a goth kind of way
August 16, 2010
C'est trop beau l'histoire, si triste et émouvant! De beaux acteurs.
½ February 7, 2010
Over all I like the movie as a modern telling or an old story it was great.
October 10, 2009
picked it up from the library cuz the cover looked neat. it was way-cheesy.
September 17, 2009
This one seems really intriguing; the theme, the characters... I totally want to see this novie!
½ April 6, 2009
One of the most daring, original film experiments you'll ever see. It takes a familiar childhood favorite and filters through a kinky lens to turn it into a sly modern fairy tale.
November 10, 2008
Beautiful, dark, modern, gothic re-imagining of the Peter Pan story, yet so true to the source material. Wonderful!
September 22, 2008
I couldn't finish it, it was just too cheesy. It gets a full star because Wil Wheaton was in it. :)
August 1, 2008
This was different. I have to say I did enjoy it, though.