The New Adventures of Pippi Longstocking - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

The New Adventures of Pippi Longstocking Reviews

½ December 22, 2011
seen it..totally gay
½ September 5, 2011
LOVED this movie as a kid!
August 13, 2011
The New Adventures of Pippi Longstocking is suitable, enjoyable family entertaininment. Though if I'm being honest, it's nothing I really care to see again as there was nothing here that really amazed me. It's still decent though, and I gotta admit that Tami Erin (who played Pippi Longstocking here) was one of my first boyhood crushes as she was really cute in this. Ah heck, she grew up hot so I still got a crush on her. I wish she would star in more films though!
June 18, 2011
Seriously, who thought this was a good idea?
½ June 9, 2011
Ah good old nostalgia...
March 5, 2011
Catchy annoying song: check
Girl who looks like Pippi: check
Characters and story: check
Good movie: ?
February 26, 2011
The book is MUCH better than the movie.
February 17, 2011
I watched this a long time ago when I was a kid, so I don't really remember it, but I think it was okay, not so good that I remembered everything about it, but not so bad that I wanted to forget it, so, yeah, it's okay.
January 21, 2011
I watched this over & over as a child, & it's amazing how horrible you realize a childhood favorite really is as an adult. This is 'bout the stupidest movie ever made... it really made no sense. It's quite hilarious in its stupidity though.
½ January 2, 2011
I just watched this with the girls, and while not great movie-making by any stretch.. the musical refrain is catchy and you will find yourself singing it around the house. Perfoct movie for 5-7 year old girls .. Pippi is a great role-model of a spunky girl who stands up for herself in a world of repressive, bossy grown-ups. A fun movie to rent...
November 23, 2010
Love this movie, it was made before I was born but I love old movie
August 14, 2010
i just love men in uniforms, especially police men?
July 17, 2010
In a moment of nostalgia I dared to watch this to see if it was as good as I remembered it being as a kid. I can't believe I ever liked this. Everything about this movie is bad: the acting, writing, singing, plot, plot development, "special effects", sound, everything! It gets two points for attempting to be imaginative.
July 4, 2010
I don't even know how to rate this movie, because I actually enjoyed it due to all of the unintentional humor. Like little girls with the strength to pick up horses, little girls with twister powers, powers which easily could've landed her in one of the 4 shitty XMen movies as part of Xavier's school. But, this movie goes to show that Gingers indeed have no souls, and their father's are pirates that look strikingly similar to Saddam Hussein. On the flipside, the themesong is as dope as it gets. She's comin into your town!!!! However, this is one Ginger that shoulda been exterminated.
June 26, 2010
I just remember she was on a pirate ship... I think
March 19, 2010
This was my very first movie I ever saw in the theaters. Front row, third seat from the right, and my right and lazy eyes fell under the spell of cinematic magic. I forced my mom to rent it like a billion times when it came out onto VHS, until one day I finally got tired of it and never saw it again.

Until a week ago. How does the innocent misadventures of a freckled red-haired girl you oughta know fair twenty one years later?

Not too badly. The movie is hopelessly innocent, almost as innocent as the subject of the song "Fireflies" is before life attempts to jade him. It's a children film, but it's also an adventure (L'avventura? Not quite, but possibly more entertaining) and a sometimes moving account of trying to find one's own place in the world...not uncommon to the genre, but still exemplary nonetheless. Watching the film, it was almost an index of the stuff that the future version of myself would come to love about the world of cinema...the tough preciousness of Truffaut and children, the enchantment of a bike shot by Spielberg, the insoucciance of Demy, or way more importantly than cinema, the joy of seeing a resourceful freckled faced, red haired girl take charge of her life. And, twenty years later, my own. Sound familiar Stacy?

So this movie might not mean shit for you, and I wouldn't expect it to. But for me, it's some kind of wonderful. If not for itself, but for what it portends, and for the promise to a five year old boy who should have been playing with G.I. Joes for what dreams would come.
February 24, 2010
Sticky situation! Tommy and Annika's room looks mighty comfy.
February 9, 2010
I was young when I first started watching Pippi. It was always very fun and an enjoyable experience but in this one I was disappointed. It just did not capture the essence of Pippi, I can't say anything more, that's just how I feel.
January 27, 2010
Brain: "Pinky, are you thinking what I'm thinking?"
Pinky: "Yeah, but I mean, me and Pippi Longstocking? What would our children look like?"
January 13, 2010