The New Daughter - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

The New Daughter Reviews

May 21, 2014
Not a bad horror flick. Liked the mound walkers-good creature creation.
½ April 9, 2014
Good performance by Costner, but a lackluster script kills it dead.
½ January 17, 2014
Twisted, frightening, sad, grotesque, thrilling, and utterly awesome.
December 15, 2013
For the most part this was actually a fairly effective horror/thriller, but it fumbles towards the third act and the ending felt completely rushed.
½ November 10, 2013
Pretty good "demon things". Could have removed at least an hour from the movie of unneeded info/scenes. Ending was absolutely terrible. Talk about leaving you hanging.
September 12, 2013
Alien/Creature from underground...
½ August 26, 2013
It's effort is pleasing, but doesn't offer much new. The cliche add-ons every 5 minutes don't help either.
August 9, 2013
This horror flick about an unknown force from burial grounds changing Costner's daughter has little to add to the genre. It still works pretty okay for most of its running time, mostly thanks to the cast: But it all falls to pieces during the disappointing showdown and the pretty insulting ending. Meh.
August 7, 2013
An entertaining, but uneven horror flick
July 30, 2013
Not bad, but the ending could have been better.
½ June 3, 2013
Not at all what I was expecting. This actually made me hate Kevin Costner alot less!! I really liked this movie, it was a little different than the usual.
½ March 28, 2013
Decent effort by Kevin Costner. More of a creepy drama. Ending is a bit unclear.
March 12, 2013
Kevin Costner dives into the horror genre and provides a good albeit forgettable flick with The New Daughter. Costner plays a single father who moves his two children to an isolated home in the middle of the woods. Strange things start to occur when a mound in the backyard is discovered. The New Daughter starts of strong with a creepy figure on the rooftop next to Costner's daughters window but slowly becomes a bit dull before picking up the pace and finishing strong. Ivana Baquero gives an admirable performance as Costner's daughter and while the movie has its moments nothing significant sets it apart as a classic of the genre.
March 10, 2013
Litt skummel,men filmen er verdt å se på når Kevin Costner er med.:):)
March 6, 2013
I thought this horror thriller did a good job of building suspense and it had a really good atmosphere. It was never quite scary enough and the ending was kind of unsatisfactory but overall it was entertaining.
March 2, 2013
I enjoyed this movie.. Kevin Costner at his age still is a damn good actor... The story was a bit reedy, but lacked a lot of info about the mound, yeah I get it and all, but still should have a little but more action on the object of why the reason things were making the ugly thick caterpillar eye browsed girl was acting "NEW". Ugh. So so.... 3 stars
½ February 4, 2013
the one half star for Kevin and the house in the film. for the rest...... WTF?
I guess Kevin needs to support all his 7 kids and his wife. nothing else justifies sheit like this.
January 24, 2013
Could have been a lot better.
January 22, 2013
disturbing in so many ways.
½ January 4, 2013
Costnerin elokuvat eivat oikein kuulu suosikkeihini (ei myoskaan inhokkeihin) mutta tama oli hyva.