New Year's Eve - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

New Year's Eve Reviews

June 4, 2015
Garry Marshall, I've officially lost all faith in you. It's like he realized all the mistakes of Valentine's Day and then exacerbated them in New Year's Eve. Awful.
May 16, 2015
So many of my favorite actors all in one movie...Amazing. Despite what others think of this movie I liked it a lot
May 4, 2015
Great movie. I watch it over and over.
May 3, 2015
Absolutely great for a late night rom-com. Extremely, watchable.
½ April 10, 2015
Just for the cast!!! There is so much going on, you can't remember or appreciate anything, it's more a parade then a movie, but it's great to watch.
March 28, 2015
Good movie, fun and crazy!
March 19, 2015
I loved this movie - it was sweet, funny, touching, and fresh! :) And some of the best actors are playing in it! :) Two thumbs up! :)
March 10, 2015
Feel good film. Good story lines.
March 8, 2015
Baffled that such an amazing cast could be persuaded to appear in this turd of a film.
January 18, 2015
Better than "Valentine's Day," with the same enjoyment and characterization bringing in some surprises and heart. (A-)

(Full review coming soon)
½ January 15, 2015
Not as bad as I thought,
January 9, 2015
Valentine's day was sweet and funny. What happened with this one? Just a bunch of celebrities in a boring new year's eve story. And all that product placement was so annoying. Ok the ending and the bloopers were cute but they can't make up for the rest of the 2 hours.
January 6, 2015
Overly long, not funny enough and way too sentimental without ever really making me care much for any of the myriad characters on display.
½ January 3, 2015
Really liked this movie. Had some funny parts & some sad parts. Storyline was good throughout too. Great movie.
½ December 31, 2014
C (75%) movie. DVD. It is not a great movie but it is a suitable movie for the New Year's Eve.
December 31, 2014
cracking feel good film
½ December 31, 2014
From director Garry Marshall comes the fun and heartwarming romantic comedy New Year's Eve. The film follows a series of interconnecting stories taking place at the Times Square ball dropping on New Year's Eve. Starring Hilary Swank, Katherine Heigl, Ashton Kutcher, Michelle Pfeiffer, and Zac Efron, the cast is quite impressive. The writing's also well-done, and is able to develop each storyline and balance it with the others quite effectively. Additionally, the film has a sincerity and good-nature to it that's charming. But admittedly, New Year's Eve is formulaic and full of stereotypes; yet it uses them to good effect and delivers a festive and delightful comedy that celebrates the spirit of new begins.
December 29, 2014
This movie is so ridiculous that the only thing i can say about it, or ask of it rather, is: What's the point?
December 28, 2014
awesome movie thanks for creating it Ahhhh????????????????????????????????????
½ December 28, 2014
An average romantic come-dramedy a la Valentine's Day. Highly predictable with a load of stars who seem to all been in this one for the Paycheck. No stand out performances. No reason to watch it again. Mildly entertaining at times and an ok movie to watch with your significant other.