New Year's Eve - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

New Year's Eve Reviews

January 9, 2015
Valentine's day was sweet and funny. What happened with this one? Just a bunch of celebrities in a boring new year's eve story. And all that product placement was so annoying. Ok the ending and the bloopers were cute but they can't make up for the rest of the 2 hours.
January 6, 2015
Overly long, not funny enough and way too sentimental without ever really making me care much for any of the myriad characters on display.
½ January 3, 2015
Really liked this movie. Had some funny parts & some sad parts. Storyline was good throughout too. Great movie.
½ December 31, 2014
C (75%) movie. DVD. It is not a great movie but it is a suitable movie for the New Year's Eve.
December 31, 2014
cracking feel good film
½ December 31, 2014
From director Garry Marshall comes the fun and heartwarming romantic comedy New Year's Eve. The film follows a series of interconnecting stories taking place at the Times Square ball dropping on New Year's Eve. Starring Hilary Swank, Katherine Heigl, Ashton Kutcher, Michelle Pfeiffer, and Zac Efron, the cast is quite impressive. The writing's also well-done, and is able to develop each storyline and balance it with the others quite effectively. Additionally, the film has a sincerity and good-nature to it that's charming. But admittedly, New Year's Eve is formulaic and full of stereotypes; yet it uses them to good effect and delivers a festive and delightful comedy that celebrates the spirit of new begins.
December 29, 2014
This movie is so ridiculous that the only thing i can say about it, or ask of it rather, is: What's the point?
December 28, 2014
awesome movie thanks for creating it Ahhhh????????????????????????????????????
½ December 28, 2014
An average romantic come-dramedy a la Valentine's Day. Highly predictable with a load of stars who seem to all been in this one for the Paycheck. No stand out performances. No reason to watch it again. Mildly entertaining at times and an ok movie to watch with your significant other.
½ December 27, 2014
a feel-good film that you will not feel good about watching
December 26, 2014
Heart warming feel good film!
½ December 20, 2014
Astonishingly bad. Aggressively stupid.
½ December 16, 2014
Great cast, shockingly awful plot, virtually unwatchable
December 12, 2014
As cool as it tries to be and despite the cast's fun filled performances, New Year's Eve fails spectacularly in it's own and it's cast rights, proving that once again, lame rip offs of Love Actually freaking sucks.
The film, which sarcastically opened in mid December, tells the story of a bunch of famous people, falling in love. While it maintains most of it's wits and charms, the stories were surprisingly dull and Valentine's Day stuffed into one freakin film (the best to the worst placed in order): a delivery man working on New Year's Eve for a woman who has quit her job in order to achieve the full New Year's Resolution (which is by far the best story); the Vice President of Time Square stuck in a ball drop, which somehow stopped working, but eventually does, and she remembered her father, who is in the hospital, played by Robert De Niro and talking non sense with Halle Berry (emotional, but unstable); the rest of the story failed purposely because it tried to be good: Two couples compete each other for a chance to win the prize for the first baby born in New Year's; A famous musician trying to reconile with his ex in order to have the New Year's Redemption; a guy who tries to make it to an exact place in order to meet his old spark on New Year's Eve... But by far, the worst would be Abigail Breslin's coming of age underdeveloped story, with a god awful performance from Sarah Jessica Parker, who, identically is the old spark of the guy mentioned earlier. Cause f*ck you, we're American rip offs of Love Actually.
The film, if a little bit more self aware, could have been a medium sized rip off of Love Actually. But instead, it had to, it had to, hire a great ensemble cast, producing characters whose problems we cannot care less about, not even mentioning their names, with a dull and shallow script, praised by god awful editing and a painful 117 minutes run time.
The casting was mostly solid, especially the likes of Michelle Pfeiffer and Zac Efron (except for the irittating Abigail Breslin, ran out of fame Sarah Jessica Parker and lame, dull Ashton Kutcher), but their performances was clearly unjustified. We could barely remember the names of the characters, we couldn't care about their idiotic problems and predictable solution, and we couldn't stand a great cast being wasted down the drains just because it was directed by Garry Marshall. I mean, even Jon Bon Jovi couldn't save this film. It's that bad. It did offered emotions, but that was just the hospital story, and little more. Valentine's Day, at least brought some self aware and decent charm into it's character, which New Year's Eve forgot.
A god awful film, and I would recommend to stay away from it during Christmas. 10/100
½ December 3, 2014
As is often the case with an A-list cast, disappointing.
November 22, 2014
I loved it! So many fav people all in my fav place on NewYears!
½ November 15, 2014
Words cannot describe....
½ October 29, 2014
Fun movie that keeps you guessing until the end!
October 25, 2014
Are people completely bitter these days? It was sweet actually. Take it for what it is and you'll enjoy it.
October 25, 2014
Well I liked it!! No nothing very much happens but then I didn't put it on as a thriller or a drama! The cast do a great job. A great film if you just want to escape for an evening.