New Year's Eve - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

New Year's Eve Reviews

December 26, 2014
Heart warming feel good film!
½ December 20, 2014
Astonishingly bad. Aggressively stupid.
½ December 16, 2014
Great cast, shockingly awful plot, virtually unwatchable
December 12, 2014
As cool as it tries to be and despite the cast's fun filled performances, New Year's Eve fails spectacularly in it's own and it's cast rights, proving that once again, lame rip offs of Love Actually freaking sucks.
The film, which sarcastically opened in mid December, tells the story of a bunch of famous people, falling in love. While it maintains most of it's wits and charms, the stories were surprisingly dull and Valentine's Day stuffed into one freakin film (the best to the worst placed in order): a delivery man working on New Year's Eve for a woman who has quit her job in order to achieve the full New Year's Resolution (which is by far the best story); the Vice President of Time Square stuck in a ball drop, which somehow stopped working, but eventually does, and she remembered her father, who is in the hospital, played by Robert De Niro and talking non sense with Halle Berry (emotional, but unstable); the rest of the story failed purposely because it tried to be good: Two couples compete each other for a chance to win the prize for the first baby born in New Year's; A famous musician trying to reconile with his ex in order to have the New Year's Redemption; a guy who tries to make it to an exact place in order to meet his old spark on New Year's Eve... But by far, the worst would be Abigail Breslin's coming of age underdeveloped story, with a god awful performance from Sarah Jessica Parker, who, identically is the old spark of the guy mentioned earlier. Cause f*ck you, we're American rip offs of Love Actually.
The film, if a little bit more self aware, could have been a medium sized rip off of Love Actually. But instead, it had to, it had to, hire a great ensemble cast, producing characters whose problems we cannot care less about, not even mentioning their names, with a dull and shallow script, praised by god awful editing and a painful 117 minutes run time.
The casting was mostly solid, especially the likes of Michelle Pfeiffer and Zac Efron (except for the irittating Abigail Breslin, ran out of fame Sarah Jessica Parker and lame, dull Ashton Kutcher), but their performances was clearly unjustified. We could barely remember the names of the characters, we couldn't care about their idiotic problems and predictable solution, and we couldn't stand a great cast being wasted down the drains just because it was directed by Garry Marshall. I mean, even Jon Bon Jovi couldn't save this film. It's that bad. It did offered emotions, but that was just the hospital story, and little more. Valentine's Day, at least brought some self aware and decent charm into it's character, which New Year's Eve forgot.
A god awful film, and I would recommend to stay away from it during Christmas. 10/100
½ December 3, 2014
As is often the case with an A-list cast, disappointing.
November 22, 2014
I loved it! So many fav people all in my fav place on NewYears!
½ November 15, 2014
Words cannot describe....
½ October 29, 2014
Fun movie that keeps you guessing until the end!
October 25, 2014
Are people completely bitter these days? It was sweet actually. Take it for what it is and you'll enjoy it.
October 25, 2014
Well I liked it!! No nothing very much happens but then I didn't put it on as a thriller or a drama! The cast do a great job. A great film if you just want to escape for an evening.
½ October 21, 2014
Wasn't All Bad. Leaves You Feelin' Good At The End & Whats Wrong With That Hrmm?
½ October 11, 2014
This is one of those critically savaged guilty pleasure films, like it's sort-of predecessor Valentine's Day (I use that term because both films have a similar plot and were directed by Garry Marshall). It's no Oscar contender, but that's because it wasn't designed to be. Like Valentine's Day, one of the interesting things about this film is just seeing how all of these numerous characters ultimately connect to each other in the end. There are lots of films better than this, but there are many others that are way, way worse. 7/10.
½ September 29, 2014
from valentine's day to new year's eve. Man what could be worst.
September 12, 2014
OMG love this movie!!!!! Zac Efron and Ashton Kutcher are so sexy in New Years Eve. The whole cast is great.
½ September 8, 2014
I actually liked Valentines Day but this, not so much. Cheesy, uninspired rom-com vignettes following a variety of couples and singles as they roam the streets of New York city on new years eve, only watchable because of the list of actors involved. I think the most entertaining thing about this movie (other than the bloopers and outtakes shown during the closing credits) is seeing which star will pop up next and then how Garry Marshall will tie some of the characters stories together.

I enjoyed Zac Efron and Michelle Pheiffer's story the most, Aston Kutcher and Lea Michelle probably the least, Kutcher was just creepy. I also could have done without the 3 musical numbers involving Jon Bon Jovi. It was nice to see Abigail Breslin all grown up as SJP's daughter. Halle Barry & DeNiro's story had a nice surprise ending and Seth Myers maternity storyline gave me my one and only laugh. A moderately enjoyable and completely forgettable movie.9/7/14
September 1, 2014
I expected more. I wanted more. The one star is for Zac
August 27, 2014
Better than Valentine's Day
August 21, 2014
Not a terrible movie, but not a great one either. Better than Valentine's Day without a doubt!
August 18, 2014
A mega list of superstars including Halle Barry, Robert DeNiro, Hilary Swank star in this light hearted comedy about New Year's Eve in New York and how everyone's story is connected come the big night on Times Square
August 12, 2014