New Year's Eve - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

New Year's Eve Reviews

½ October 11, 2014
This is one of those critically savaged guilty pleasure films, like it's sort-of predecessor Valentine's Day (I use that term because both films have a similar plot and were directed by Garry Marshall). It's no Oscar contender, but that's because it wasn't designed to be. Like Valentine's Day, one of the interesting things about this film is just seeing how all of these numerous characters ultimately connect to each other in the end. There are lots of films better than this, but there are many others that are way, way worse. 7/10.
½ September 29, 2014
from valentine's day to new year's eve. Man what could be worst.
September 12, 2014
OMG love this movie!!!!! Zac Efron and Ashton Kutcher are so sexy in New Years Eve. The whole cast is great.
½ September 8, 2014
I actually liked Valentines Day but this, not so much. Cheesy, uninspired rom-com vignettes following a variety of couples and singles as they roam the streets of New York city on new years eve, only watchable because of the list of actors involved. I think the most entertaining thing about this movie (other than the bloopers and outtakes shown during the closing credits) is seeing which star will pop up next and then how Garry Marshall will tie some of the characters stories together.

I enjoyed Zac Efron and Michelle Pheiffer's story the most, Aston Kutcher and Lea Michelle probably the least, Kutcher was just creepy. I also could have done without the 3 musical numbers involving Jon Bon Jovi. It was nice to see Abigail Breslin all grown up as SJP's daughter. Halle Barry & DeNiro's story had a nice surprise ending and Seth Myers maternity storyline gave me my one and only laugh. A moderately enjoyable and completely forgettable movie.9/7/14
September 1, 2014
I expected more. I wanted more. The one star is for Zac
August 27, 2014
Better than Valentine's Day
August 21, 2014
Not a terrible movie, but not a great one either. Better than Valentine's Day without a doubt!
August 18, 2014
A mega list of superstars including Halle Barry, Robert DeNiro, Hilary Swank star in this light hearted comedy about New Year's Eve in New York and how everyone's story is connected come the big night on Times Square
August 12, 2014
Loved it! Great film!
August 9, 2014
New Year's Eve is more like a hit-and-miss movie rather than the next Love Actually. While some stories are cute and touching, others are just so dull and cliche that getting rid of them and having a shorter movie would have been a better idea.
July 31, 2014
A whole lot of nothing going on.
½ July 24, 2014
It's clichéd, generic bullshit.
July 23, 2014
so boring, shoot yourself
½ July 22, 2014
to my own surprise i somehow liked this film - perhaps it was because after the fiasco that was valentines day i had almost no expectations of it, and was pleasantly surprised when it had some touching moments. of course it went for the cheap ploy and the emotional cop-out and the twist within a twist every single time and was from a critical standpoint a sappy mess, but a little sap never hurt anyone - especially around new years.
July 17, 2014
It's all just so pointless and aimless. All of these pretty people are given so little to care about.
July 12, 2014
I was surprised at how good this was, very much like valentines day. Good film
July 11, 2014
The story is about a diverse group of people find their lives intertwined on New Year's Eve in New York City. Wow just wow, How can a movie like this be made because this movie is just a waste of time to the viewers. The characters are shallow and a old tree has more character then there's people. the directing is horrible and the cast are all wasted
July 6, 2014
i love this movie its very cute?
June 21, 2014
Had read and heard all of the God â" awful reviews about this movie before I watched it. So yes, I'm sure I was trying to look for just about everything that there could be wrong with this film. And there are a lot of holes. Not to mention with 40,000 semi â" big â" name stars, there's going to be a few crappy performances among the bunch⦠And there are. But if you expect a cute, lighthearted chick flick, then you will be at least somewhat satisfied by the end of this film. That's what I was expecting, and that's what I got.
June 21, 2014