Next Floor - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Next Floor Reviews

March 8, 2016
Great short from the director of Prisoners, this movie makes us think.
June 24, 2014
Très original, déroutant et absurde. Visuellement incroyable.
February 14, 2014
Probably one of the best shorts I've ever seen. Less than 11 minutes have more essence than full lenght one.
May 5, 2013
I watched this silly little film, and thought it was absurd. I guess I don't understand the short film industry?....Very weird, and unsatisfying.
½ March 17, 2013
This is a Great Movie!!! It is only 11 minutes long and worth every minute!!! You have to see it to believe it! A bunch of high society mucky-mucks are feasting ravenously on a huge dinner of meat and other stuff and then they fall through the floor!!! Then they keep eating. Has to be seen to be appreciated.
April 11, 2010
What if Lynch and Cronenberg teamed up to make a 12-minute film, in French, about the over-consumption of current society? I'm pretty damn sure you'd get something like this. A bunch of shawnky, aristocrats are continaully being served more and more outrageous foods at a never ending dinner party. After enough weight is gained, they fall through, to the next floor. The butlers, waiters, etc., follow down the stairs.

This movie was a nice surprise. Courtney and I saw at the Hirshhorn, and it was definately one of the highlights of our DC trip. It looked excellent, with muted colors and a dark palette, save for the dark, deep reds of the slaughtered animals such as- a swordfish, a rhino, and a lion. Everything keeps repeating, but one of the guests, no one in the movie has a name, stops, and she relaizes that if they all stop eating, they'd stop falling. Alas, she's forced back into, and in the best part of the movie, through her soft laughter, which is playing up to fit, and inbetween bouts of ravenous stuffing of her throat, she's crying. It's a powerful and striking image. A
½ February 10, 2009
Si vous avez la chance de voir ce court métrage, c'est bien rigolo! Villeneuve sait creer de belles atmoshères.
January 29, 2009
Simplement extraordinaire, un bijou d'inventivité, de créativité, de réflexions, maîtrisé avec habileté et magnificience. Ingénieux, beau, triste à la fois. Vision pessimiste du gouffre sans fond dans lequel notre ultra-consommation sans efforts nous pousse. Chef-d'oeuvre.