The Next Three Days - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

The Next Three Days Reviews

November 19, 2015
Russel Crowe saved a fairy story movie . Liam Neeson & Brian Dennehy had two/three lines , why they signed up for this is a mystery . If the plot line is to be believed , it shouldn't have any huge holes in it . Small holes are JUST passable but only just . Point in question : during the escape when Crowe & Co are on the train evading police capture ( Inspector Clouseau is chasing on foot along the tunnel ;-) ) they decide to pull the emergency chord and exit the train - then climb thru a high wire fence conveniently cut just where the train doors open and - here's the best bit - the third car they run past just happens to be a brand new white/silver SUV which has thankfully had it's doors left unlocked with the keys still in the ignition ..... in an area where you simply wouldn't leave a brand new SUV . That's the point I began an indepth conversation with my partners cat ...... is it me or are we seeing a few too many films these days with more than one piece of the jigsaw puzzle missing which we are supposed to simply accept without question .
November 17, 2015
I laughed because Crowe's character does all his research looking at Youtube video's. I do the same LOL, but not for trying to break someone out of prison. It was a good movie as it had me cringe a couple of times. I'm also sure one of Crowe's songs was in this film.
October 1, 2015
Although it is not the best thriller - psychological, crime, or any other kind. It was definetly worth a watch. You are not on the edge of your seat but I still wanted - eagerly - to know how it will end.

The writer/directer is a better writer than a director.

Russel Crow delivered his "strong silent type" performance that he does really well.

Nothing to say on elizbith Banks she is as mediocre as ever.
About Liam nesson I do not know why he was even casted in a role.
½ September 30, 2015
Has its fair share of problems (133 minutes...) but up to a certain point the plot is very well constructed without relying on contrivances that break one's suspension of disbelief. The escape works because of believably careful planning, not because the cops couldn't find their own assholes (in fact they're almost /too/ smart); as a result the whole escape sequence is unbearably tense, like holy shit Lennie James is right on Russell Crowe's ass, is he actually gonna catch him?! That's some good storytelling.
September 22, 2015
Awesome! Slow to start but then very suspenseful to the end!
½ August 30, 2015
Very average to below average. Rent it later if youre so curious. I wish Crowe would come back to acting
August 27, 2015
Thought this was fascinating.
½ July 27, 2015
Despite the lukewarm reviews, I gave it a shot. Although the characters were not developed enough to truly give them depth (Elizabeth Banks' character, in particular, has multiple moments of infuriating instability), and one must suspend disbelief for much of the movie, I found it relatively engaging - until the end, where, without giving any spoilers, it just hits a wall. I expect more of a payoff for a two-hour investment. Not a bad way to spend an evening but not a memorable one, either.
½ July 27, 2015
Well what can i say this is a very intriguing movie to say the least, although, this movie is being advertised as an action movie, 95% of the action is in the final 30 minutes, but the story is so good that it keeps your attention, so that's good. What? Liam Neeson is in this, well ya he is, but if you blink, you'll miss him, but his 1 scene that he is in is important to give Russel Crowe's character the tips that he needs to get his wife out of prison. This is actually a very good movie with some strong acting from Crowe as he is portrayed to be very smart, and also it really makes you think as to if Elizabeth Banks is actually guilty or not, good job, good movie.
June 30, 2015
To me this movie is fantastic. Great acting good story and well performed interesting the whole way through it's a film, I could watch over & over again. I can't say that for many films that come out. I really love this film.
½ June 11, 2015
While it has a few thrilling moments, it becomes, not really clunky, but very unenticing.
½ May 22, 2015
92%
Watched this on 14/6/14
Why the hell is this film having a rotten rating? The tension in the film is so strong that it makes you stay in your seat for the entire 2 hours. Every time someone makes a film about something daring, especially against the government, then the Americans get the 9/11 fear and the films end up being flop. This film has fine performances from Russel Crowe, he really carries the movie in his shoulders and also Elizabeth Banks. It's a shame that a movie as good as this flopped and ended up with rotten rating.
April 23, 2015
Suspenseful and un-predictable only lacks depth.
April 19, 2015
Ein recht simpler und gestrickter Thriller mit guten Darstellern!
Die Geschichte hört sich realistisch wie auch erschreckend an! Wie reagiert man auf so eine Verurteilung? Würde man das gleiche tun, für seine grosse Liebe? Diese Fragen sind eigentlich moralisch und selbstverständlich.
Russell Crowe nimmt dieses Spiel sehr ernst und man leidet wirklich mit ihm, wie er seine Frau zu retten versucht. Auch Elizabeth Banks spielt recht stark. Bei ihr sieht man auch, dass sie auch ernstere Rollen spielen kann oder auch spielen soll! Denn, wenn sie nur auf diesem Comedy Genre bleiben soll, kann man sie nicht so wirklich ernst nehmen. Ein kleines Schmunzeln gibt es von Liam Neeson: Bei seinem kleinen Auftritt in einem Cafe und wie er Crowe ein paar Tipps gibt, ist einfach Cool!
Das Grundrezept dieser Geschichte ist brisant und spannend. Nur leider hat es ein paar Hänger drin, dass den Film ein bisschen Drive wegnimmt.
Fazit: Gut gespielte Schauspieler in einem spannenden Fall, nur leider schwach erzählt!
March 18, 2015
Liked it. Was a good story, has it been used before?
½ March 16, 2015
John Brennan (Russel Crowe) spends about two-thirds of the movie planning how to break his wife, convicted of murder, out of jail. In the final third, he succeeds and they're on the run from police, who are perpetually just a few seconds too late at each chance to catch them. This film has some tense, suspenseful scenes, some good camera work, and very good acting from Crowe (who is pretty much the only character of interest). Unfortunately, the plot is totally implausible. John is a community college literature teacher. He reads a book about escaping from prison, meets with the author (a nice turn by Liam Neeson), and becomes an overnight prison-break expert. The plan he eventually concocts is ludicrously elaborate and seems to involve psychic powers, because John has allowed for random discoveries and actions by the police that he could not have predicted any other way.

Suspend your disbelief if you can and admire the production values.
March 14, 2015
Watched this the other night too. Great movie but far fetched. Storyline kept you interested in wondering how an ordinary husband can break his wife out of prison.
March 7, 2015
It may be a little slow at times but it'll definitely be worth it at the end. "The Next Three Days" is an excellent prison-break movie.
½ February 20, 2015
No matter how many times you roll your eyes and shout "There's no way!" at your television screen, you still end up appreciating Paul Haggis' earnest "The Next Three Days," an appropriate nod to classic man-on-the-run films like "The Fugitive" and even "North By Northwest."
February 9, 2015
Captivating dramatic story about a man who literally sacrifices everything to get his wife back. While the lead up is rather slow, the end was a little bit over the top. Nonetheless, a good suspenseful movie.