Next Time I'll Aim for the Heart (La prochaine fois je viserai le coeur) Reviews

• Sep 17, 2016

A random killer stalks a French town in the late 70s, killing young women randomly. It is a sign of a strong film that the highly dissociative villain is intriguing to watch as he devolves and is caught. It doesn't seem to have had a cinema release here, so catch it anyway you can.

• Dec 28, 2015

For several months during 1978-1979 inhabitants of Oise region in France live in fright and terror as a serial killer disturbs the peace and quiet. The killer would later be revealed as Alain Lamare (played by Guillaume Canet and named Franck in the film), a gendarme on the hunt after himself... In choosing to revisit this notorious case, the film's director Cédric Anger confronts a memory that is as vivid in this area of northern France. The real serial killer, Alain Lamare, was diagnosed as schizophrenic following his arrest, and remains in a secure mental institution to this day. "Next Time I'll Aim for the Heart" (La prochaine fois je viserai le coeur) is well made and well crafted with great performances, but at the same time hardly that exciting or tension filled in my book as you know the killer from the beginning and the film is just based on the fact when he will actually be caught. And they always do get caught.

• Sep 04, 2015

Skal sikkert være dyster og alternativ, jeg fant den kjedelig.

Skal sikkert være dyster og alternativ, jeg fant den kjedelig.

• Aug 29, 2015

Suspense "biográfico" sóbrio e cinzento um tanto convencional, mas competente no que se propõe.

• Aug 21, 2015

Based on real events in the late 70's, we follow a police officer who reveals more and more of his psyche. The killing of several young girls are giving the local police a hard nut to crack, and they seem to find no trace of the killer. Repressed feelings and unable to connect with the other sex, may resolve into tricky actions.

• Jul 29, 2015

O filme possui boas atuações, mas o roteiro é previsível e monótono.

O filme possui boas atuações, mas o roteiro é previsível e monótono.

• Jun 12, 2015

Despite a stunning cinematography and a thrilling score, this adaptation fails to please fans of the genre in many ways. Script is badly developed, extremely long and sometimes annoying. Many things are poorly explained and the scenes in which we see a comic touch are so bizarre that we laugh of how ridiculous they are. As a serial killer, Canet, one more time, doesn't convince due to his empty and indifferent look. It's impossible to connect with this man and when the script finally starts to make us find him at least interesting it's already the end of it. Big disappointment, specially after such an amazing start.

• Jun 11, 2015

Dando um ar cinematográfico à história (real) de Alain Lamare, um psicopata que fez parte da polícia francesa, o diretor/roteirista Cédric Anger explora de todas as maneiras as sutilezas de um sujeito que vive à margem da empatia e que precisa matar para dar vazão à sua própria existência. http://cinetenisverde.com.br/na-proxima-acerto-no-coracao/

• Mar 20, 2015

Fait divers glacant qui evoquerait presque une sorte de french Taxi Driver avec un gendarme dans la peau du tueur desocialise. Canet se reinvente, l'ensemble temoigne d'une maitrise qui renvoie a Boisset entre autres cineastes chroniqueurs des 70's hexagonales...

• Oct 28, 2014

Two villain roles, both claimed to be based on true events in the same period in France, for Guillaume Canet in a row, in the same year. In comparison, this piece is way much intriguing than the other one (L'HOMME QU'ON AIMAIT TROP) in terms of every thing. Make no mistake- French Cinema despises making their movies fit into another Hollywood mode of standard. That said, I'm happy to see this one is at least neat in story-telling. By the draw-forth delivery by Canet, plus the use of music + sound, there are moments which really work for a suspense genre, in my opinion.