Nick and Norah's Infinite Playlist - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Nick and Norah's Infinite Playlist Reviews

September 19, 2016
Crass and lightweight, but certainly not without its charms, Nick and Norah's Infinite Playlist unevenly alternates between sweetness and crudity.
September 5, 2016
Watched it with Stringy
½ August 26, 2016
Excellent performances from the leads, unique characters, some hilarious one liners, and memorable quotes and cameos can't save this from a barely developed romance, poor directing that feels rushed yet the movie feels long, and writing that just doesn't have much substance or stuff to say. Even the soundtrack isn't very good, which is odd with a title like this. But I will point out that the first and third acts are better than the second.
August 18, 2016
An absolute delight from start to finish.
July 19, 2016
One of my favorite movies!
½ June 5, 2016
Good music, atmosphere, city lights, funny parts.
March 27, 2016
A awesomely winsome contemporary love story that happened one night, narrated with cute witticism and complimented by a hip soundtrack.
February 21, 2016
It has a cute story, you fall in love with Kat and Michael from the very start. Good soundtrack too. After watching it you'll get a sugary feeling.
February 1, 2016
A nearly insufferable parade of cutesy nonsense.
½ December 31, 2015
A teen rom-com that works because of it's entertaining leads, "Nick & Norah's Infinite Playlist" is simple fun and definitely worth the watch.
December 28, 2015
Every now and then, I see a film that makes me feel so good that I just can't stop thinking about it for weeks. I just saw NICK AND NORAH tonight, and I have to say, it's about to join that list of memorable films.

First off, there is no plot. The pacing is slow. Think DAZED AND CONFUSED crossed with LOST IN TRANSLATION, and there you have it. That's not a bad thing at all. I prefer the "go with the flow" narrative style. It fits the film perfectly.

Also, the acting from the entire cast is amazing. You could say that Michael Cera is simply playing the same role here that he played in JUNO and SUPERBAD. You'd be wrong. He's excellent in the title role, as is Kat Denning's, who plays Nora. The performances are so genuine that you feel as if you're not watching a film half the time.

The soundtrack is amazing as well. I am buying the CD.

All in all, I loved this film and I highly recommend it. See it as soon as possible, and you will not regret it!
December 23, 2015
Amazing Movie.. Should definitely be seen with ur better half.
October 23, 2015
I forgave the fact that this film unnecessarily resorted to the most shallow and puerile humor because it doesn't beat the audience over the head with middle-school romance bullshit and, it's central characters are a delight to be around, and so is the soundtrack that compliments them.
October 12, 2015
This movie is about teenagers with no parents in New York. New York is a very small city in which only a few main characters live. They only like bands that no one has ever heard of, which makes them cool. Nick and Nora are cute together because all of their friends are either crazy, drunk, angry, stupid, condescending, or gay. High schoolers in New York are apparently regarded as independent adults, because they all go to clubs, drink, score, and play "gigs" in their personal bands, which no one has ever heard of, so they're cool. Nora punches Nick in the throat for no apparent reason, and then they make out. She's a virgin, but lets Nick get to third base within hours of knowing him. That's hot. Her friend is very drunk and sexually provocative, and she ends up lost in the city for most of the movie. Thank goodness for her that New York is so safe for cute provocative drunk high school girls with no parents. Nora looks after her and shares her gum. That's friendship.
½ September 9, 2015
I'll wait till it comes out on video
½ August 15, 2015
Formulaic Preteen Consumer dribble. Unstructured ridiculous "fun". Lets see how many times we can cut to a music montage.
August 1, 2015
It lives up to its "playlist" part of the bargain like it should be; but what's surprising are the charm and fluidity of the story that go along with it. Nick and Norah's Infinite Playlist is one of those rare films wherein juvenility actually works very well.
½ July 20, 2015
The secondary characters (New York City included) almost outshine the two leads, and that's saying something. A real treasure.
June 24, 2015
The best unromantic film that eventually realised that it's supposed to be romantic love New Jersey films