Nick of Time Reviews

• Feb 02, 2021

This is one of those "good" bad movies. The premise is absurd, the implausibility factor is off the chart, and plot holes abound. Yet the gimmick of the story, with the clock ticking continuously on a potential assassination (a cheap trick, admittedly, but it does create suspense) kept me engaged in spite of the comic book-like silliness. Johnny Depp and Christopher Walken must have embarrassed to appear in such a ridiculous film. Both show an obvious lack of commitment. But they bravely earn their paychecks. (Walken was in a far better assassination film, _The Dead Zone_, in 1993, He should have quit while hr was ahead). Charles Dutton has an embarrassing role, too. Unbelievably, he shines shoes in the hotel lobby. What is this, the 1930's? And speaking of shameless stereotyping, a Japanese guy keeps shooting pictures of everything. Actually, the best performance is by Marsha Mason as the governor of California and the target of the assassination. This film is entirely silly, but as a suspense lover, I will reluctantly say it's worth a watch--if you keep your expectations on the level of a 12 year old.

• Jan 11, 2021

The movie is awesome. Truly incredible considering it was done in real time. Love JD and CW working together.

• Sep 20, 2020

Some good performances, not only from Depp and Walken but from Dutton as well. An intense thriller from start to finish.

• Aug 25, 2020

Unrated film - used the premise of action in real time long before Jack Bauer had 24 Hours. An excellent cast brilliantly played.

• Aug 17, 2020

A 90's action-thriller dud.

A 90's action-thriller dud.

• Jun 28, 2020

I love Badham movies. I love Christopher Walken. I can't BELIEVE how poorly this film has been reviewed by both critics and audience alike. I've seen this film twice. Just bought it second hand. So, i intend to watch it a few more times at least. Supporting cast are awesome. Rae Dawn Chong is one surprise to watch out for....Depp is a fine, versatile actor and the film has quite alot of twists and turns that it grieves me to announce that i do believe that critics and most audiences of this most watchable movie are fools.

• Dec 22, 2019

Great film, some of my favorite acting!

Great film, some of my favorite acting!

• Dec 03, 2019

I enjoyed this film back in the day and in a recent rewatch, but don't take it too seriously

• Dec 02, 2019

Action packed, great acting, edge of your seat flick!

Action packed, great acting, edge of your seat flick!

• Aug 15, 2019