Nicky's Family - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Nicky's Family Reviews

½ January 30, 2016
this story (if not quite the actual documentary) is fantastic. something positive for Holocaust Remembrance Day.
January 15, 2016
Please watch this movie! The powerful true story of the domino effect of one person doing something noble during the most horrific time in history is incredibley moving. it is a valuable history lesson and a movie of hope for a cynical world.
August 15, 2015
If you didn't cry throughout this documentary then you're emotional moron. What a great documentary. Well told story. The director brought together many people who were party of the events, and their stories were well told.
July 25, 2015
Excellent Documentary, explaining a story that almost didn't get told... What a humble man, who just passed away July 1st of this year... his acting of saving 669 children before World War ll, has paid back in many ways <3
½ July 17, 2014
Very very touching..a REAL hero here. I am at his feet.
July 5, 2014
I defy anyone who watches this to not feel super emotional by the residual good one action can do. A great demonstration of how saving one life multiplies and saving a few hundred turns into tens of thousands. It really helps you understand the Jewish saying 'save one life, save the world'.
July 4, 2014
FIVE STAR REVIEW OF NICKLY'S FAMILY
So much has been written about "Nicky's Family," we could not wait to watch it. This outstanding documentary does not disappoint! The story is engaging. The testimonials which comprise so much of the film are heartfelt. And the background of how this remarkable man's story came to light fifty years after his amazing heroism was revealed is truly a miracle!
All the praise heaped on Sir Nicholas Winton and this film is so well deserved. I urge you to see it and recommend it to your friends. Bravo!
June 6, 2014
No words to describe. Just beautiful and heartbreaking. Wonderful true story
½ December 3, 2013
Nicholas Winton really deserved a better documentary than this. It barely focuses on him until the last third. While many parts of it are touching, the low quality reenactments and interminable interviews detract constantly from the main focus.
November 25, 2013
Never again... :'(
HUGE RESPECT, RARE BRAVERY AND UNSELFISHNESS !! :)
March 31, 2013
I wish they would show this in every school around the world! How wonderful
February 23, 2013
Uplifting, powerful, beautifully portrayed piece of recent history, restores ones faith in the heart, and rightfully honors a great man.
January 22, 2013
NICKY'S FAMILY is a magnificent documentary that beautifully details the actions and determination of a single, compassionate human being, a stockbroker untrained in the ways of diplomacy and governmental affairs and what he did to save the lives of 600+ Jewish children in Prague, Czechoslovakia just prior to the official outbreak of WW II. It excellently portrays the profound pathos of the parents while mentioning the indifference of the governments of the world. It ends on a very uplifting note. The acting is superb as is the use of historical sources. It is a movie that should be shown widely in the USA and throughout the world but will not be because of the subject matter, there is no actor or director sufficiently well-known to the general public associated with it and the lack of publicity. My wife and i found it riveting. NICKY'S FAMILY is one of the finest documentaries ever made. The consensus of the people leaving the theater was uniform: NICKY'S FAMILY was outstanding. It should be rated ten (five is insufficient) ripe tomatoes. January 22, 2013
Sheldon F. Gottlieb
September 26, 2012
Brilhante documentário sobre o feito que Sir Nicholas Winton realizou durante a 2ª Guerra Mundial, na Checoslováquia, sobre o salvamento de perto de 700 crianças judeias antes do inicio da Guerra.
Uma atitude altruísta que deve ser de louvar e de demonstrar às gerações futuras!
April 29, 2012
Just knocked me out. Probably the best documentary of the inspirational type I have ever seen. It's the story how a young British stockbroker who visits Prague just before the Nazis invade manages to rescue and bring to England nearly 700 children -- and the film takes his and the children's stories up to the present day. Heartwarming and heartrending both.
April 22, 2012
This documentary is well executed, very nice rhythm and the story is FANTASTIC! Well done Nicky!
March 25, 2012
I've never been in a movie where the audience cried so much. Definitely several notches above the typical Holocaust doc. A Brit saves 668 kids in between the annexation of the Sudetenland in 1938 and the start of the war a year later. The amazing thing is the guy never really talks about it. His wife finds some stuff in the attic 50 YEARS later and when she asks the husband about it he casually mentions, "Oh, yeah, before I joined the RAF I saved 700 children. I didn't really think it worth mentioning. No big deal." Schindler wouldn't shut up about it. When the "children" are found and introduced to him it is unbelievably touching. Tears aplenty. Once when the parents put the kids on these trains, and once when the fruits of his labors are discovered.