Night Must Fall - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Night Must Fall Reviews

March 15, 2014
Night Must Fall gives viewers solid acting (especially from psychotic Albert Finney) but a rather slow story that creeps to a unsettling finale. Night Must Fall is not great cinema but a valid entry into the 60s horror genre.
½ December 9, 2008
Bloody amazing and very scary. Would definetly recommend
March 18, 2008
Interesting small film with a creepy performance by Albert Finney. This was shot by Freddie Francis who directed many f the Hammer horror films. Haven't seen the original but I liked this one.
littlecharmer1959
½ February 6, 2008
By no means a masterpiece but a very good little thriller from the 60s.
Albert Finney plays the psychotic axe murderer Danny, who along the way tries to seduce his wealthy employer's daughter. Finney puts in a very good performance and shows that he can tackle the darker roles too (the year prior ...(read more)to Night Must Fall he starred in the surprise hit Tom Jones). Some say that Finney overacted in this film which is somewhat true, but I still found his performance intriguing. Being said though his Welsh accent was pretty hard to make out at times.
The supporting cast also put in top performances, most noticable being Mona Washbourne as the elderly employer fighting for Danny's attention, and Susan Hampshire as her daughter who falls for Danny only for him later to murder her mother.
Visually the film is beautiful all thanks to Freddie Francis.
Overall a fairly entertaining pschological thriller with a dash of the British new Wave style thrown in.
½ January 31, 2008
By no means a masterpiece but a very good little thriller from the 60s.
Albert Finney plays the psychotic axe murderer Danny, who along the way tries to seduce his wealthy employer's daughter. Finney puts in a very good performance and shows that he can tackle the darker roles too (the year prior to Night Must Fall he starred in the surprise hit Tom Jones). Some say that Finney overacted in this film which is somewhat true, but I still found his performance intriguing. Being said though his Welsh accent was pretty hard to make out at times.
Visually the film is beautiful all thanks to Freddie Francis.
January 2, 2008
I saw this as a kid and it has stayed with me for years. I cannot find it on Netflix so I don't think it's been released to DVD for some reason. But a young Albert Finney terrorizes this old lady and is totally insane. It's a great film. There.