Night at the Museum 2: Battle of the Smithsonian - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Night at the Museum 2: Battle of the Smithsonian Reviews

½ July 13, 2017
Bigger and fancier effects, as well as new laughs, is what this sequel delivers, and it is an improvement over the first.
½ June 2, 2017
great movie just as good as the first
½ May 31, 2017
It's still cheesy and still fun. Bigger museum = crazier night for this museum guard...and that's ok.
May 1, 2017
Now this is better it gets right down to the action it's a fun filled movie my favorite part is when Larry runs in to General Custer. General Custer was played by Bill hater and he was a funny one! It's a new SQL with new characters such as General Custer and more new characters I like this movie a lot!
½ April 28, 2017
To be honest, this sequel wasn't really as good as I expected it to be. The first film was way better. Although this may pass for little kids, they really need to work on the visual effects. The screenplay was great, the plot could've been improved & the directing was ok.
But other than that, this was actually a pretty decent, enjoyable family movie!
½ April 28, 2017
oh dear, like a bad pantomime. The dodgy English Pharaoh accent, where's Dick Van Dyck
April 1, 2017
it was an okay second movie.
January 16, 2017
Night at the Museum 2: Battle of the Smithsonian is, in my opinion.a slight improvement over its predecessor as the film has a more adventurous tone than its predecessor, which was entertaining enough for what it is yet still a bit tame and lonely. The special effects are enjoyable, Hank Azaria is actually a pretty enjoyable villain that even the kiddies will like, particularly since he is a bit funny at times, and this film is ultimately a joy-filled ride that children will enjoy and adults might think "Not bad". True, it feels like a cash-grab at times and I was a bit saddened by the lack of Robin Williams in this movie but all in all, I found this to be one of Hollywood's more entertaining sequels to something that wasn't really critically lauded upon release nor was it universally panned.
January 3, 2017
It's good movie to watch
½ November 7, 2016
This sequel is more weird as opposed to bad.
September 13, 2016
first one was a little better
½ August 26, 2016
It's EXACTLY the same..
August 11, 2016
Really crappy, some funny parts, but a general plot with none of the best actors.
August 11, 2016
the first movie is better then this one but the comedy is sort of funny sometimes but the whole idea of EPIC WAR!!! in note a museum is just dumb and they take advantage a little bit too much that its a sequel so they add the fact that the egyptian dude has a evil brother and that the monkey has a bro too!? its all very inaccurate when its trying to talk about history and also there sometimes where there is a random cameo like grouch from sesame street or albert einstein or dart vader that really feels out of place
½ July 25, 2016
Night At The Museum: battle of Smithsonian is a rude humorous movie with an even worse dialog and script than the first movie,
I rather keep watching the first one.

Score: 3.5/10
July 12, 2016
The movie Night at the Museum 2 in my opinion is very good because it's funny, is well prepared , the cast is excellent , especially the main actor , Ben Stiller , the film is good for any age , do not see negatives of the film, really enjoyed.
½ June 29, 2016
Although not as good as the first one in every aspect, this movie still holds its ground for the sequel movie.
½ June 28, 2016
Night at the Museum: Battle of the Smithsonian is hilarious and clever. I do think the first Night at the Museum is better, but this one is still good. You get to meet more artifacts that come to life. I would very much suggest this movie.
½ June 10, 2016
A bit lame and so not accurate, I think. But Amy is such a beauty, and Hank Azaria is so hilarious. I still liked it enough.
½ June 10, 2016