Night at the Museum 2: Battle of the Smithsonian - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Night at the Museum 2: Battle of the Smithsonian Reviews

½ August 26, 2016
It's EXACTLY the same..
August 11, 2016
Really crappy, some funny parts, but a general plot with none of the best actors.
August 11, 2016
the first movie is better then this one but the comedy is sort of funny sometimes but the whole idea of EPIC WAR!!! in note a museum is just dumb and they take advantage a little bit too much that its a sequel so they add the fact that the egyptian dude has a evil brother and that the monkey has a bro too!? its all very inaccurate when its trying to talk about history and also there sometimes where there is a random cameo like grouch from sesame street or albert einstein or dart vader that really feels out of place
½ July 25, 2016
Night At The Museum: battle of Smithsonian is a rude humorous movie with an even worse dialog and script than the first movie,
I rather keep watching the first one.

Score: 3.5/10
July 12, 2016
The movie Night at the Museum 2 in my opinion is very good because it's funny, is well prepared , the cast is excellent , especially the main actor , Ben Stiller , the film is good for any age , do not see negatives of the film, really enjoyed.
½ June 29, 2016
Although not as good as the first one in every aspect, this movie still holds its ground for the sequel movie.
½ June 28, 2016
Night at the Museum: Battle of the Smithsonian is hilarious and clever. I do think the first Night at the Museum is better, but this one is still good. You get to meet more artifacts that come to life. I would very much suggest this movie.
½ June 10, 2016
A bit lame and so not accurate, I think. But Amy is such a beauty, and Hank Azaria is so hilarious. I still liked it enough.
June 6, 2016
Ok but lost its suprise factor as most sequels do, Still funny but no need for it to be made.
½ May 30, 2016
Slapstick comedy that has no business being their makes this kids only. Even some kids might not like it. I would like to start off by saying that this has some really bad acting. Ben Stiller was okay but that guy that played the pharaoh was horrible. Bad tone of voice, bad facial features, and bad body language. Usually actors only have one area in which they have to work on. The rest of the actors where okay. The direction was really messy and non professional. But it's for kids so I'll give them that. The writing was messy as well. Most of the dialogue did not contribute to the overall story and plot. It was added just for comic relief and it wasn't that funny. The best and only good part was of course the production. Very good production values. If it wasn't for the production values this would have gotten one star. That extra star is for the astonishing production. The special effects are really good. Especially the T-Rex. My favorite character was Al Capone. I did find it a little funny how he was in black and white. If you like history or films that are just thrown together then you would like this.
May 26, 2016
More does not necessarily mean better.
April 22, 2016
part 1 was way better kids will like it 5 and over
½ April 2, 2016
Night at the Museum 2 counts with charismatic characters that are, without any exception, well interpreted, it has too a new story to bring to the spectator that can entertain, the problem is that it is predictable and the plot has some holes that can't be ignored.
½ April 2, 2016
February 25, 2016
160225: Not quite at the level of the first but still entertaining. These are a fun film series.
½ February 21, 2016
One of Ben Stiller's better movies, a few laughs and some good humour thrown in as well.
February 16, 2016
Fantastic movie! I loved it!
February 8, 2016
I thought that this movie started off strong and it ended strong, but the middle got a bit too loud and chaotic. The story got lost in the chaos of showing off way too much that had very little to do with the overall plot. Still, Hank Azaria is by far the funniest villain you could hope for.
February 7, 2016
I thought this was a funny movie I like the part with Bunden that was a funny part and I like how it took place in Washington, D.C. Ben stiller is good in this movie and you will find the same characters and new characters so see this movie!
½ January 15, 2016
A little better than the first movie.