Night at the Museum 2: Battle of the Smithsonian - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Night at the Museum 2: Battle of the Smithsonian Reviews

March 16, 2019
A good follow up sequel that has an interesting setting this time at the Smithsonian. Ben Stiller worked well Amy Adams who played Amelia Earhart and it is a lot of fun seeing more historical figures added in such as Napoleon Bonaparte and Al Capone.
½ March 8, 2019
Kids will enjoy the silliniess, but sadly the second visit to the Museum is sadly not smartly written, or clever enough for the older audience members.
August 31, 2018
The budget is more than big enough, the cast and characters are still fall out of your seat funny, and the best parts of the first film are effectively re-utilized in this sequel. However, as the critics reviews may suggest: the slapstick does get a little out of hand (and by a little, I mean more so than the preceding film), and the comedy isn't quite as fresh as it was with the original movie either, even though it's still welcome by all means, mostly because of the colorful new characters.

My grade for the film: a C+
August 31, 2018
The movie Night at the Museum 2 is very good because it's funny. The cast is excellent , especially the main actor , Ben Stiller , the film is good for any age!!!
½ June 22, 2018
Comedie was good but storyline a little boring in the first hour recommended to children
½ June 15, 2018
Funnier and more entertaining than the first one with still being clever and imaginative.
½ May 14, 2018
update: They mucked up such great potential so easily. The fact that Ben Stiller falls in love with a wax figure of Amelia Earhart, Abraham Lincoln was completely disgraced and had barely any screen time, General Custer, who went out on a last stand and slaughtered numerous innocent Native Americans, is a GOOD GUY, the Jonas Brothers being cupids is shilling, not enough Robin Williams, not enough of the museum is explored, not enough action or battling as the title of the movie says it is, the villains suck except for Al Capone, the actress in the end of the movie looks nothing like Amelia Earhart (even though they are played by the same actress). Overall, this movie is horrible and a waste of my whole life!
March 8, 2018
a boring and confusing rehash of the original movie.
½ December 22, 2017
Love the animation and computer effects. These movies have always been a favorite of mine, and this one is as good as the first, if not better. Love the cast and all the characters, and all the miniature people. Kind of wish the story was always different than "save the museum and the world", but I guess a museum and museum guard can't have too many different types of conflict. Maybe I'm a sucker for big budget movies, but I loved this, even if it wasn't perfect. Fun movie - that's how I sum it up. Jonah Hill was a nice addition to the cast, also.
December 2, 2017
Really! Only one better than the original! This movie was way better than the original, which was already a pretty good movie. The characters, mostly the villain, were funnier then before! You could tell that the actors were having a good time. The CGI is much better in this movie, and some stuff is very visually appealing. Overall, I felt like it was a good movie, again with some flaws but good overall.
November 9, 2017
entertaining movie. it is fun movie tho not as funny as the 1st movie.
September 2, 2017
Now this one is better it has more action and got better and was silly!
½ August 6, 2017
A perfectly fine film, but like the first one, it lacks care to most characters. Can be fun at most times, Battle of the Smithsonian is, again, a perfectly fine film.
½ July 13, 2017
Bigger and fancier effects, as well as new laughs, is what this sequel delivers, and it is an improvement over the first.
½ June 2, 2017
great movie just as good as the first
½ May 31, 2017
It's still cheesy and still fun. Bigger museum = crazier night for this museum guard...and that's ok.
May 1, 2017
Now this is better it gets right down to the action it's a fun filled movie my favorite part is when Larry runs in to General Custer. General Custer was played by Bill hater and he was a funny one! It's a new SQL with new characters such as General Custer and more new characters I like this movie a lot!
½ April 28, 2017
To be honest, this sequel wasn't really as good as I expected it to be. The first film was way better. Although this may pass for little kids, they really need to work on the visual effects. The screenplay was great, the plot could've been improved & the directing was ok.
But other than that, this was actually a pretty decent, enjoyable family movie!
½ April 28, 2017
oh dear, like a bad pantomime. The dodgy English Pharaoh accent, where's Dick Van Dyck