Night at the Museum 2: Battle of the Smithsonian - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Night at the Museum 2: Battle of the Smithsonian Reviews

½ June 22, 2018
Comedie was good but storyline a little boring in the first hour recommended to children
½ June 15, 2018
Funnier and more entertaining than the first one with still being clever and imaginative.
½ May 14, 2018
update: They mucked up such great potential so easily. The fact that Ben Stiller falls in love with a wax figure of Amelia Earhart, Abraham Lincoln was completely disgraced and had barely any screen time, General Custer, who went out on a last stand and slaughtered numerous innocent Native Americans, is a GOOD GUY, the Jonas Brothers being cupids is shilling, not enough Robin Williams, not enough of the museum is explored, not enough action or battling as the title of the movie says it is, the villains suck except for Al Capone, the actress in the end of the movie looks nothing like Amelia Earhart (even though they are played by the same actress). Overall, this movie is horrible and a waste of my whole life!
March 8, 2018
a boring and confusing rehash of the original movie.
½ December 22, 2017
Love the animation and computer effects. These movies have always been a favorite of mine, and this one is as good as the first, if not better. Love the cast and all the characters, and all the miniature people. Kind of wish the story was always different than "save the museum and the world", but I guess a museum and museum guard can't have too many different types of conflict. Maybe I'm a sucker for big budget movies, but I loved this, even if it wasn't perfect. Fun movie - that's how I sum it up. Jonah Hill was a nice addition to the cast, also.
December 2, 2017
Really! Only one better than the original! This movie was way better than the original, which was already a pretty good movie. The characters, mostly the villain, were funnier then before! You could tell that the actors were having a good time. The CGI is much better in this movie, and some stuff is very visually appealing. Overall, I felt like it was a good movie, again with some flaws but good overall.
November 9, 2017
entertaining movie. it is fun movie tho not as funny as the 1st movie.
September 2, 2017
Now this one is better it has more action and got better and was silly!
½ August 6, 2017
A perfectly fine film, but like the first one, it lacks care to most characters. Can be fun at most times, Battle of the Smithsonian is, again, a perfectly fine film.
½ July 13, 2017
Bigger and fancier effects, as well as new laughs, is what this sequel delivers, and it is an improvement over the first.
½ June 2, 2017
great movie just as good as the first
½ May 31, 2017
It's still cheesy and still fun. Bigger museum = crazier night for this museum guard...and that's ok.
May 1, 2017
Now this is better it gets right down to the action it's a fun filled movie my favorite part is when Larry runs in to General Custer. General Custer was played by Bill hater and he was a funny one! It's a new SQL with new characters such as General Custer and more new characters I like this movie a lot!
½ April 28, 2017
To be honest, this sequel wasn't really as good as I expected it to be. The first film was way better. Although this may pass for little kids, they really need to work on the visual effects. The screenplay was great, the plot could've been improved & the directing was ok.
But other than that, this was actually a pretty decent, enjoyable family movie!
½ April 28, 2017
oh dear, like a bad pantomime. The dodgy English Pharaoh accent, where's Dick Van Dyck
April 1, 2017
it was an okay second movie.
January 16, 2017
Night at the Museum 2: Battle of the Smithsonian is, in my opinion.a slight improvement over its predecessor as the film has a more adventurous tone than its predecessor, which was entertaining enough for what it is yet still a bit tame and lonely. The special effects are enjoyable, Hank Azaria is actually a pretty enjoyable villain that even the kiddies will like, particularly since he is a bit funny at times, and this film is ultimately a joy-filled ride that children will enjoy and adults might think "Not bad". True, it feels like a cash-grab at times and I was a bit saddened by the lack of Robin Williams in this movie but all in all, I found this to be one of Hollywood's more entertaining sequels to something that wasn't really critically lauded upon release nor was it universally panned.
January 3, 2017
It's good movie to watch
½ November 7, 2016
This sequel is more weird as opposed to bad.
September 13, 2016
first one was a little better