Night at the Museum 2: Battle of the Smithsonian - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Night at the Museum 2: Battle of the Smithsonian Reviews

½ June 10, 2016
A bit lame and so not accurate, I think. But Amy is such a beauty, and Hank Azaria is so hilarious. I still liked it enough.
jamrcla
June 6, 2016
Ok but lost its suprise factor as most sequels do, Still funny but no need for it to be made.
½ May 30, 2016
Slapstick comedy that has no business being their makes this kids only. Even some kids might not like it. I would like to start off by saying that this has some really bad acting. Ben Stiller was okay but that guy that played the pharaoh was horrible. Bad tone of voice, bad facial features, and bad body language. Usually actors only have one area in which they have to work on. The rest of the actors where okay. The direction was really messy and non professional. But it's for kids so I'll give them that. The writing was messy as well. Most of the dialogue did not contribute to the overall story and plot. It was added just for comic relief and it wasn't that funny. The best and only good part was of course the production. Very good production values. If it wasn't for the production values this would have gotten one star. That extra star is for the astonishing production. The special effects are really good. Especially the T-Rex. My favorite character was Al Capone. I did find it a little funny how he was in black and white. If you like history or films that are just thrown together then you would like this.
May 26, 2016
More does not necessarily mean better.
April 22, 2016
part 1 was way better kids will like it 5 and over
½ April 2, 2016
Night at the Museum 2 counts with charismatic characters that are, without any exception, well interpreted, it has too a new story to bring to the spectator that can entertain, the problem is that it is predictable and the plot has some holes that can't be ignored.
½ April 2, 2016
February 25, 2016
160225: Not quite at the level of the first but still entertaining. These are a fun film series.
½ February 21, 2016
One of Ben Stiller's better movies, a few laughs and some good humour thrown in as well.
February 16, 2016
Fantastic movie! I loved it!
February 8, 2016
I thought that this movie started off strong and it ended strong, but the middle got a bit too loud and chaotic. The story got lost in the chaos of showing off way too much that had very little to do with the overall plot. Still, Hank Azaria is by far the funniest villain you could hope for.
February 7, 2016
I thought this was a funny movie I like the part with Bunden that was a funny part and I like how it took place in Washington, D.C. Ben stiller is good in this movie and you will find the same characters and new characters so see this movie!
½ January 15, 2016
A little better than the first movie.
½ January 4, 2016
Like the first Night at the Museum, this movie has some clear-to-notice problems, but it's still a lot of fun to watch.The reason I don't love this movie as much as the first one is because when I finished watching it, I just wished there was a lot more to it. More could have been done in this film. Also I wish there were more jokes here, because I don't remember laughing as much in this one as I did while watching the original. Overall, like the first film, Battle of the Smithsonian is a lot of fun, it's funny, imaginative, and of course, very entertaining.
½ December 30, 2015
It's very... Um... Average.
½ December 29, 2015

Ben Stiller returns as Larry Daley, the unfortunate night watchman who discovered that he needed to "throw the bone" on his first night at the American Museum of Natural History. Only this time, after the exhibits are transferred to the Smithsonian as part of a special presentation there, several additional pieces come to life for the first time--and cause chaos in our country's capital!

Stiller, Robin Williams, Owen Wilson, Steve Coogan, Ricky Gervais, and Rami Malek are joined by Amy Adams, Hank Azaria, and Bill Hader in this fun follow-up to 'Night at the Museum.' Not as funny as the original, but still an enjoyable way to spend a couple of hours!
December 22, 2015
Things come to life in the film. But the film itself feels lifeless for a good amount of time.
November 28, 2015
A worthwhile sequel that fits well with all of this trilogy. Fun and enjoyable. Recommended.
October 29, 2015
Should have stopped at one.