The Night Before - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

The Night Before Reviews

½ February 26, 2015
George Clinton's performance in the film was its only redeeming quality!
June 15, 2013
Arguably the funniest and most entertaining teen oriented movie of the 1980's, and the best of the "date movie" genre from that era. Keanu Reeves at his best and most natural. A pure classic
March 8, 2013
i began to see it but dont know why couldn't finish it
½ October 31, 2011
Fun-time watching it & enjoyable Keanu-Loughlin pair!
March 24, 2011
An 80's teen movie with the standard comedy plot of a popular girl losing a bet where she has to go to prom with a nerd... then the nerd sells her into sex slavery. Ha! Classic.
March 13, 2011
I haven't seen this movie since I was about 7 years old. Weirdly enough I used to have dreams about the movie, I have no idea why maybe it made a big impact on me then. It's one of those movies that doesn't really make sense but it really isn't supposed to, takes alot from After Hours in both tone and mood and does an alright job. It's worth a watch for nostalgia. It's a fun movie.
February 20, 2011
A funny teen comedy, but it's got a predictable, silly, and typical story. Keanu is cute and funny, but that's about it. Overall, it's okay.
½ September 27, 2010
the story about a guy that took this girl to prom but instead he got lost and ended up in a place that they are not use to!!! he had a free drink and did things he would normally not do like e.g sell the girl to a pimp named Tito, he woke up clearly later to find the girl and in the end he did and the girl became his girlfriend!!!
½ July 25, 2010
It is known to many, that to find a good teen movie, you must look further than the video shelves of your local Video Hire. Sure, there is 'Pretty In Pink', 'The Breakfast Club' and more recently 'Get Over It', but they all rely on the love triangle's to boost thier plot. 'The Night Before' is different, not only in the conventional, but the unconventional.

Creating laughs from the twisted love match of Reeves & Loughlin, the seedy going-ons that run the streets at night, to slapstick escapades that adorn the closing sequences. This is a must for any lover of films, or the Weird and Wonderful that fill studio backlists to the brim.

A minor masterpiece of Hollywood legends.
July 17, 2010
A ridiculous movie that I could not possibly have enjoyed more. I was so giddy with entertainment I was clapping and squeaking. I'm grinning stupidly just thinking about it. :D

Also, the most endearing character Keanu Reeves has ever played. He's borderline spastic and it is priceless.
June 9, 2010
Just listening to Keanu's laugh in this film made me giggle...
May 21, 2010
A hillarious Teen Comedy about a Boy who carrie a Beauty Queen out for Prom Night and land in the Wrong Quarter just want to phone but get a Drink with Acid inside and experience a Night of Wild Passion but as he awake he can't remember what he done and his Beauty Queen and his Car are lost so he discover it this is a Secret Tip and the Model for Dude, where is my Car?
April 25, 2010
"Are we gonna talk or are we gonna rock?!"
December 1, 2009
Really cute movie. Keanu is adorable and that dance scene is classic!
½ November 28, 2009
A dorky, high school senior (Keanu Reeves) gets to take out popular girl Lori Loughlin (TV's Full House) after she loses a bet (this side story is never fully explored and as a result, the film seems to condone her behavior, which is unfortunate), but the two never make it to the prom and instead go through one hell of a night which, unfortunately, Reeves does not remember. The film jumps right into it with Reeves in an alleyway, confused and devoid of any recent memory. He, along with the audience scour the empty ghettos in search of answers which lead him to find out he mistakenly drove through the slums with his prom date where they stumble into a night club to get extra money, but Reeves gets drugged and he mistakenly sells Loughlin to a pimp that runs those slums. After Reeves and the viewers get caught up to speed, he spends the next half the film searching for Loughlin, leading towards meeting an assortment of shady and comical characters. Surprisingly, this lost 80's film manages to be somewhat entertaining and hit a lot of comical notes, which is not surprisingly considering director Thom Eberhardt previously showed off his comedy (and horror) directing skills with Night of the Comet. Reeves pretty much plays that same wooden character we've come to expect from him, but at this point in his career, this was his first full-fledged comedy film, not to mention complete lead, as he carries this film from start to finish. Loughlin is not bad to watch as is the rest of the cast. Overall, a surprisingly entertaining 80's gem.
August 5, 2009
I love this movie! It's such a sweet 80's comedy! And Keanu Reeves is sooo cute in it, adorable!
July 7, 2009
Only because Keanu Reeves is in it!!
July 5, 2009
This is a really funny movie you'll love to watch and buy and keep in your collection
½ June 6, 2009
Very entertaining in fast forward.