Night Fright Reviews

• Apr 22, 2017

Orange!?! What the heck!!! Why are they orange. When you go sit down to watch a movie probably one of the last things you think about is weather they have good coloring in the movie. The colors in this movie are so off it was unwatchable. Also (since it's a B movie) the lighting was bad. So in some scenes you could hardly see anything. Now when we talk about the script you can see police arguing, driving, or looking in the forest looking confused as ever. The monster takes forever to appear but, it's a little creepy (a little). I also had no clue what the main plot was. and how did the spaceship tie in to all of this? Anyway watch it but, it needs to be restored then it'll probably be better.

• Apr 27, 2016

Plan 9 as worst movie of all time? Pshaw! Look right here. SPOILER: In what i assume was an effort to make the film long enough to show on drive in screens they pad the length with long scene of guys walking around in the woods picking up leaves. LOOK for the piggy! Its THE best acting and scene in the whole movie. Frankly its pretty enjoyable once you realize you are cueing up a title contender for worst movie of all time. Second spoiler: That creature on the DVD box you see? Don't hold your breath waiting for it to ever appear.

• Mar 25, 2016

I watched this no-budget film, shot near Dallas, Texas, last night, as part of my 50-film 'Nightmare Worlds' collection by Mill Creek. Though it had no scares or suspense whatsoever, and you could tell what was going to happen at least ten minutes before anyone in the film clued in, it had the enjoyability and charm of a period piece, or time capsule, of youth from that era. The instrumentals from the garage band The Wildcats, and watching the teens dance, interact and fight, were the best aspects. You could do worse--and I would much rather watch something like this than a pretentious piece of garbage, costing hundreds of millions of dollars, that Hollywood pumps out by the truckloads these days.

• Mar 25, 2016

• Jun 22, 2015

horrible B movie remake of another horrible movie.

horrible B movie remake of another horrible movie.

• Apr 05, 2014

63% "Well I'm fed up with taking orders, lover boy. So you take your advice and peddle it somewhere else...No you lisen. Nobody invited you or little miss Sunday out here. This is our private blast and if you don't dig it, split."-Rex Bowers (Frank Jolly) Groovy score, most of the time.

• Greg S Super Reviewer
    Jul 14, 2013

A UFO lands in Texas. Most of the plot this embarrassing cheapie consists of police combing the woods, desperately searching for shreds of entertainment.

• Feb 01, 2013

Bland, with more teenagers dancing than monsters attacking. We barely get to see the monster and all the good stuff is off-screen. The ending is confusing, the characters stink, and the plot is too drugged out. Thankfully it doesn't have a long time span.

• May 13, 2012

Very bad, terrible monster, rubbery.

Very bad, terrible monster, rubbery.

• Dec 22, 2010

A strange object crashes to Earth, and soon a mysterious monster is stalking and killing in the woods near a small Southern town. It's up to Sheriff Clint Crawford (Agar) to stop the beast before it claims the lives of too many of the bland characters being portrayed by horrible actors. "Night Fright" is about 20 minutes worth of third-rate monster movie stretched an additional hour with scenes of aimless driving, aimless wandering in the woods, and pointless "character development" scenes where the cast of truly awful actors get to show how little talent they have. Adding to this is some of the worst dialogue ever written for a movie in the English language, awful editing, and an even worse soundtrack, and you have a movie that even the robots on "Mystery Science Theater 3000" couldn't make entertaining. To finally make the movie completely worthless, the monster is virtually not in the movie at all. (This is sort of blessing in disguise, I suppose, as the monster is almost as goofy looking as its explained origin.) There is no reason to watch this movie. It's too bad and bloated with padding to even be amusing. Night Fright (aka "The Extraterrestrial Nasty") Starring: John Agar Director; James Sullivan