A Night in the Life of Jimmy Reardon - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

A Night in the Life of Jimmy Reardon Reviews

July 16, 2008
U KNOW I NEVER THOT RIVER WOULD PLAY A CHARACTER LIKE THE ONE HE DID IN THIS MOVIE!! OH WELL HE ROCKED AT IT!!! I REALLY LOVED THIS MOVIE!!!! ALTHOUGH HE IS A LITTLE HORN DOG IN THIS MOVIE AND YOU REALLY DON'T LIKE HIM IT'S STILL A BRILLIANT MOVIE AND I LOVE IT!!!!
July 9, 2008
River Phoenix was a sweet heart. God bless River Phoenix and we all miss you. We all make mistakes but at least hes with god and he is healthy and watching down on us. His story showed ud what drugs and alchohol can do to us if we're not careful. All who read this Caution: may cause death. He was a loving caring soul who made some bad choices and we should look up at him and look at eachother and wonder why would anyone make this mistake. We all say that now but i wonder if said the same thing 10 years before his tragic sucicide/death. We all say that we would never be that stupid but 10 years from now will we be with River Phoenix. Think and make a choice. Make the right one and stay here and die on your own time. Not because of stupidity. River Phoenix was a wonder ful actor and every movie he did was great. Some of us will be with him sooner than we think. Will you?
June 20, 2008
River Phoenix is so adorable and cute. Like I said before it seems like every role he plays...was made for him whether it is comedy, drama, or a love story he brings his character to life and make you fall in love with him
June 11, 2008
Good movie. This dude had hot chicks falling all over him.
May 11, 2008
River NEVER regretted doinfg this movie...It was not supposed to be like this, many changes now with the REAL original version from William Richert...! For me, it's a real great movie!
April 22, 2008
I like this movie, too!
½ April 20, 2008
his face was just too young for the role. still, 80ies fun.
½ April 16, 2008
A pompous and nonsensical attempt at making a deep teen comedy.

At the very least, it had a great soundtrack, and we all know River Phoenix had far better things ahead of him in his short career...but really...just awful.
March 31, 2008
when i first knew iwas gay
March 21, 2008
boring waste of some big acting talents
½ March 4, 2008
Crap film, but dear River makes a lovable scamp of Jimmy. If you're a diehard fan of his perhaps you can sit through it once. You can borrow my VHS.
February 26, 2008
This film never comes near its potential. River Phoenix is supposed to be charming, but comes off as unlikeable. The film wanders aimlessly.
February 23, 2008
A pure 80's classic!
February 17, 2008
I refuse to watch it, but hot damn, River is HOT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
February 17, 2008
I think River Phoenix was beyond this. His performance and looks were cute but I know he had more potential to do a better film.
½ February 15, 2008
Kinda sucked, but I was 16 and so in love with River-the first film I saw two times in a row in the theatre, on the same day!
February 13, 2008
in collection....not seen it
January 9, 2008
I Want To See It So Badly!!!
½ December 31, 2007
If you go at it scene-by-scene, it's remarkably more effective than other movies about teenagers.
December 31, 2007
What can I say, the late River Phoenix in his best role as a teen-hipster circa 1962 Bopin around in the Windy City. His Portait of "JimmyReardon" is the guy I alwas aspired to be!!

The book that the film is based on is on par with "The Catcher In The Rye", maybe even better!!