Night of the Demons 2 - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Night of the Demons 2 Reviews

August 26, 2016
The special effects are the only good parts, the rest is so bad that it's also good. Human breasts turning into hands, stop motion monsters (in 1994 - Jurassic Park was '93), and a holy water supersoaker/water balloon fight are the highlights of this schlocky halloween special. Enjoy mocking it. Loudly.
July 22, 2016
With delicious gore and make-up effects, Night of the Demons 2 is a hilarious and fun ride.
½ May 29, 2016
I've seen worse - only slightly worse.
October 29, 2015
One of the better 90s horror movies, partly because a lot of it still feels like an 80s film. It goes in more directions than the original and is a bit more over the top in many aspects. The gore and practical effects are plentiful and appreciated. Christine Taylor is fun to watch in this.
½ April 15, 2015
lol. oh man... that is awful. Never been all that great, but I love the first one, so I tend to watch this every now and then... lol
½ February 24, 2015
Slightly better acting than the previous movie with a somewhat bigger budget, but doesn't add up to the original gore.
½ January 12, 2015
Angela haunts again in this very original sequel to Kevin Tenney's Night of the demons .
½ December 26, 2014
A solid, gore-soaked follow-up to the original, Night of the Demons renews the demonic horror with vigor and innovation.
½ December 26, 2014
One of the better sexploitation horror films I have seen. The characters are actually fun at points and it has tons more to offer than the horrid original. It plays off of the evils of sex vs religion in a fun way with ridiculous escalation that culminates in a highly entertaining finale.
December 6, 2014
SPOILER: Absolutely awesome up until they turned it from a horror film to a horror-comedy. Bunch of kids partying and a demon comes to visit. Okay cool. But then bringing in Super Soakers filled with Holy Water and flashlights duct tapes to the bottom, Holy Water balloons, etc. Acting turned to crap. It just got tiring. I ended up watching the ending twice because I fell asleep during the last 20 minutes of the first run.
November 3, 2014
It's better than the original, but that is a very low bar
March 26, 2014
Well a slightly better cast for this one, the odd face is recognisable, Cristi Harris is so so damn cute in this. Its virtually the exact same plot with a new set of teenage souls to be taken but with added action and effects.

To be honest the makeup and gore is really nice here in places (good old Steve Johnson still at the helm). The demons look really sweet with their drool and decapitated heads, sets are a bit neater and the finale has a really good demon/snake battle with lovely 'Dusk Till Dawn-esque' makeup and puppetry.

Its basically the first one again but with added gore boobs and butts as the spooky action spills out from inside the old house this time. Thought it would be terrible but its actually alright, its all about the horror effects of course.
½ August 27, 2013
Awesome sequel...or course not better than the original, but I never expected that. This one leans more towards comedy than the first. Doesn't lack in the gore or sex!
July 30, 2013
Well, I can't agree that Night of the Demons 2 is as much fun as the original. A lot of the fun and campy things in the original went just a bit too far with the sequel. Brian Trenchard-Smith, who directed this sequel, is certainly capable of a fun movie. This just went a little too far. Kevin Tenney didn't return to direct, which I think is a bit a mistake too. The gags aren't as much fun this time around and a lot of the characters are annoying to the point of nauseating. I was also having Dead Alive flashbacks as well with the priest and nun stuff in the latter half of the movie. I can see why people like it so much, and Christi Harris is certainly lovely to look at, but this movie just isn't as good. It's a worthy sequel, but it stops there.
½ May 3, 2013
½ January 30, 2013
GReat movie. Love it. It was truly scary!!
TheDudeLebowski65
January 24, 2013
Sequel to Night of the Demons is a fun and entertaining picture that has all the good elements of the first, but lacks slightly in originality. The film still has all the gore and ghouls that you'd expect, but you realize that it could have been better. Personally I feel that Kevin S. Tenney, director of the first should have directed this and this sequel could have benefited from his personal touch. Despite this, the film is amusing, and relies on the gore to compensate for the lack of original ideas on-screen. The film has all the usual horror clichés and you end not caring when the characters get knocked off due to the fact most of them are idiots and shallow and have no depth. For what it is, this is a worthwhile follow-up to the first one even if it's not perfect; it still should be seen by fans of the original. This is better than most sequels and despite all its clichés; it delivers everything you'd expect from a horror film. The plot is interesting, but lacks in some areas, and like I said, it's also its biggest flaw, as it tends to recycle a few ideas from the first. Does are mild complaints, and I found this one to be a well crafted film that if you enjoyed the first film, then you're sure to love this. The film boasts some impressive special effects and it is the film's high point along with the gore. The Night of the Demons films, are in my opinion strictly gore flicks, and the most certainly deliver in that department. A good sequel that overcomes its imperfections due to its gore. Near the ends it gets slightly silly, but it's all in good fun. If you love gore, don't pass up on this.
½ January 16, 2013
Pretty much the same plot being used again with more plot holes and with different teenagers. And this time round Angela was actually awesome. The actors and actresses were so much better looking this time, what a joy. A lot of the cliches were used in the film, like way to stereotypical, which made the film somewhat less exciting. I like the changes in genre this time, a black comedy is so much better than mindless gorefest. (Although the first film was creative and somewhat genre defying.)
November 18, 2012
A fun sequel to the enjoyable original--Demons and burning hormones!!
October 27, 2012
It's good so fuck you if you don't like it.