Night of the Demons 2 - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Night of the Demons 2 Reviews

October 27, 2012
A group of teens from a nearby Catholic school head to Hull House on Halloween night and are, of course, greeted by the house demon, Angela. Better all round than the first but still has second rate special effects.
½ August 29, 2012
I enjoyed this one well enough, but it lacks the charm of the first film for some reason, though I will give it props for the always cute Christine Taylor being one of the kids.

Rental? I grabbed it out of my cursed sense of completion, maybe you're in the same boat.
½ July 23, 2012
It was OK. Not scary just stupid funny!
May 11, 2012
The acting varies and the casting decisions are questionable in some cases. It's similar to the first movie, but the last thirty minutes of this movie are pretty fun. So it's sort of difficult to rate this movie as the first two acts are just a rehash of the first movie and the budget shows, but the final act is filled with a lot of action and looks 10x its budget. Tough call on this movie. Recommended only if you enjoyed the first movie, and even then, you've got to stick with it to the end to really appreciate it (and even then, it's not very likely that you will enjoy it).

Also, what is the deal with Morbid Angel playing during the party? I'm a fan, but that is like the complete opposite kind of music you would dance to if you are trying to be seductive. Strange music choice.
April 18, 2012
Freakishly creepy, and scary as "hell" to think about.
½ February 28, 2012
angela is back again in night of the demons 2 the 1994 sequal stars amelia kinkaid as the sexy but scary angela feld as she takes new prospectives as she leaves haul house and goes for new souls at a catholic school.
February 4, 2012
This one was great with even more gore boobs & booze!
½ November 4, 2011
Fun, but ridiculous. The nun was great in spite of the absurd scene were her head reappears after being sliced off.
November 1, 2011
almost forgot to review this but at this point I don't remember enough other than its wasn't as cool as the original or the remake of the original D
August 19, 2011
seen it but will love to see it again!
½ March 20, 2011
A sequel that I like as much as the original, love the addition of the religious academy to the story and the holy water weaponry was awesome. Jennifer Rhodes steals the show as Sister Gloria: Warrior Nun.
½ February 26, 2011
definatly not as good as the original but still angela is at her best !!!
½ February 19, 2011
Although the original 1988 "Night Of The Demons" was a fun campy romp on the 'haunted' house genre, the inevitable sequel "Night Of The Demons 2" spends far too much time on sex jokes and bad dialogue to work quite as well as its predecessor. Although it has its moments of hilarious one liners and some damn fine special effects, the balance to make it work is out of whack and it lends this sequel towards the disappointment end of the franchise pool.

Six years after Angela's (Kinkade) party at the haunted Hull House went horribly wrong, her sister Melissa (Kennedy) is now an orphan living at a religious school. When a group of hormone engaged teens decide to sneak out of the school and pull a prank on Melissa, they accidentally resurrect Angela The Demon Princess. Now Angela has a plan and it requires her sister to enact. Can these dimwit teens and a hard ass sister of the cloth take down one of Hell's worst nightmares and her minions to save Melissa?

Although its hard to admit that the original "Night Of The Demons" was a good movie, it had the right idea of getting the campy humor to work with some legit scare tactics. This sequel doesn't fair so well in this department. Rarely do the scares work. The final act of the film, when they all head over to Hull House to save Melissa from a fate worse than the movies dialogue, does some nice things visually to bring back some creepy vibes but it rarely works on the 'scare' level. There are some great special effects (with particular nod to Angela's final snake like transformation at the end) but it doesn't save it from being rather lackluster in the Horror side. Great ideas, but poor execution on this end.

The film also seems pretty hit or miss on the humor too. After the first 30 minutes of relentless sex jokes and rather cliche religious funny fodder, I was ready to just mute the damn thing. Despite the occasionally solid one liner and over the top slapstick joke that worked (the demon playing basketball with his head was so dumb it was hilarious), the film just comes off more awkward then truly humorous. Unintentional humor abounds here on random things, like hands that reach through a demon's breasts to grab a guy, but it never really tickles the funny bone like the first one did with its cliche homages.

"Night Of The Demons 2" starts trying to become its own franchise instead of one that homages and builds on the cliches of 80s horror. It has some solid moments and ends on a rather strong note, but getting past the first half of the film will surely be a struggle.

BONUS RANT: [Spoiler] This film likes to throw very random things into the mix without ever explaining them. The one that takes the cake is how our kick ass Sister of the Lord randomly grows a head back after being decapitated by Angela. You read that right. Pow. Head flies off. Body drops to floor. Pop. New head (with head gear and all) pops out of the shoulders. No one questions a damn thing. Except me, I guess. Soooooo random.
½ December 22, 2010
Slightly better acting than the previous movie with a somewhat bigger budget, but doesn't add up to the original gore.
December 9, 2010
Why would you pick up lipstick you find in a dilapidated old house? Why would you take said lipstick out of the house? Why would you then try to put it on your mouth? Why would a friend grab the lipstick out of her hand and then put it on her mouth? Why would another person, later in the movie, pick up the same lipstick off the ground (terrible setup for a sequel...why did the idiot toss it? Why wasn't it burnt? Ehhh, maybe I wasn't paying attention)? Why is there such a thing as demon lipstick? I suppose it's an...interesting enough premise. Lipstick seems to be quite a focal point in this movie and the last one, although I do prefer what happened with lipstick in the last movie. I eventually got very bored watching this movie and pretty much zoned out towards the end (I actually went back to doing homework...not a very good distraction, is this movie). This was not a nice balance between gory and funny, like the last one; it was just really corny and dumb. But it wasn't all bad...the music is pretty rad, some good metal here and there, the bitch was bitchy, the assholes were assholes, a girl takes her tits out and dances at the school dance in front of her classmates and a nun, it had some parts where it was so bad it's good. The rest was so bad, it's bad.
December 4, 2010
(***): Thumbs Up

I had fun with this one. Pretty much what you would expect from a film called "Night of the Demons 2".
November 18, 2010
Not bad gore wise, but a rehash of basically the same story, but without the originality since the concept was done previously IN THE ORIGINAL MOVIE.
November 4, 2010
Decent sequel by the great Brian Trenchard-Smith.
November 2, 2010
For me it's a classic. I don't know if it was supposed to be a comedy / horror film, but I couldn't help but laugh throughout the entire movie.