Night of the Demons - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Night of the Demons Reviews

October 11, 2016
Night of the Demons is both appropriately bread-dead and stupidly entertaining. Gore fans and fuck fans, alike, should find something here.
July 22, 2016
Baird, Keena and Elizabeth. Love all three.
½ February 24, 2015
Fun to watch one time, but falls way short of the original.
February 20, 2015
The original is no masterpiece but it has an awesome 80's Halloween charm. This goes through the motions and delivers a few good moments but both as an homage and a modern horror it fails. Furlong in particular is awful.
January 12, 2015
A very good remake for those fans of the original . plus Monica keena and Edward furlong make a great team in this reimagining of Kevin Tenney's horror classic
October 27, 2014
"She... She jjuust.... Pulled lipstick out of her vagina!" thats explains what you're in for if you watch this sorry excuse of a horror.
October 10, 2014
It's creepy. It has annoying and perfectly timed music, but it just feels like a drag.
½ August 29, 2014
It is a flabbergastingly stupid remake of an already foul, stupid movie.
½ August 24, 2014
better than the original but don't kid yourself about them being "teens"
½ July 19, 2014
It's fun, simply go with it and enjoy. It's not a g+d awful movie for a remake, I liked the back story and the updating.
March 26, 2014
A total ridiculous load of nonsense packed with sexy girls in corsets, fishnets, gross bloody effects and plenty of lesbian demon makeout time mixed with human tits n ass...and it was totally cool.

Yep its a throw away film with a common, unoriginal, predictable, cliched character ridden plot which you've seen over and over but like other films in this genre ('Plane of the Dead' 'Zombie Strippers') it actually has some great makeup and effects which raise the film above other throw away films.

The makeup work is really nice and reminded me of Tom Savini's type of work, really spot on yet a little tacky looking at the same time, think 'From Dusk Till Dawn' and you're there. Unknown cast accept for Edward Furlong who looks rather bloated and permanently hung over but his name does lure the experienced cinema goer. It only needs one biggish name really doesn't it.

Pointless film, great horror effects = guilty pleasure. A decent tacky 80's throw back with sexy girls in very little clothes. Need I say more?.
January 28, 2014
Hollywood would you stop trying to modernize old B rated horror movies. It's just pathetic.
½ January 6, 2014
Not even worth this half a star.
½ December 15, 2013
too much sex, not enough movie
December 1, 2013
This film remake looks the part and has some good effects, but that is about it - both the story and level of acting is weak.
November 26, 2013
Night of the Demons is a remake of an 80's cult film, that I unfortunately haven't seen yet(it's getting a Shout Factory Blu-ray release early next year, which I'm buying the SHIT out of), so I can't really compare. But the film has a similar plot to The Evil Dead and the Italian film, Demons. A group of people are trapped in a single location fighting off demons. It seemed like a staple plot in the 80's.

This is a pretty entertaining film, with goofy special effects(a lipstick tube being inserted in a woman's breast and removed from her vag) and a general sense of fun and craziness throughout. It also has a pretty decent soundtrack(including a song from Wednesday 13) and the score was done by James Wan regular, Joseph Bishara. But his work is very minimal, unfortunately.

I do have some issues with the film. It's poor intentional humor that often fell flat and the characters, which aren't really likable or well developed. I would have liked just a bit more characterization for the main chick, as she was the only character I found alright in terms of likability. But don't go into this movie thinking you'll really root for any of the characters. Cuz you won't. And Edward Furlong looked and sounded like he was taking the drugs that he was supposedly selling in the movie. The years really haven't been kind to the guy.

Overall, I was pleasantly surprised by this movie, having purchased it at Blockbuster(RIP) for 4.99 and having low expectations. It' not a good movie by any means, but it's fun and entertaining for folks who like low-budget, trashy horror movies.

Final Score: 4/10
November 17, 2013
not a bad movie. bit gruesome in a couple of places, especially with the lipstick!
½ October 10, 2013
whoa Eddie looks rough! haha the movie is actually way better than I expected. definitely a solid b-movie remake. you can tell whoever made it was a fan of the original.
½ July 23, 2013
the original was better
½ May 14, 2013
Way better than I thought. Lots of blood, gore, and violence. It's a little boring at first, but once the demons get loose, it's extremely entertaining. Some parts are kinda dumb and/or cheesy, but overall it's really good. And it's pretty scary with some funny parts here and there, so make sure you check it out.