Night of the Demons III (Demon House) - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Night of the Demons III (Demon House) Reviews

July 22, 2016
The series is starting to show its age but thankfully this is the final chapter with the series going out on a high note.
½ February 24, 2015
A bit of the same of the last sequel, but worthy of a peak. They obviously keep bringing Angela back, so it's worth it just for her.
January 12, 2015
not as enjoyable as the first two .
March 26, 2014
Last entry in this average horror franchise that was spawned from a cheap n cheesy 80's flick, and again its not too bad as a throw away piece of trashy horror.

The plot is pretty much the same spiel as before accept the teen fodder on offer this time are minor criminals (by mistake and spur of the moment madness) on the run that swear a lot and are actually reasonably engaging, which is surprising.

There is a lot of sexy groping and kissing going on throughout (horror flicks need cheap dirty thrills like that you see) accompanied by amusing terror and 'dangerous' acting, if you can call it that. But all in all its still fun and like its previous offerings it has some great makeup and gore effects which do shine through the regular crud.

If you like slashy bloody horror flicks then this trilogy is great and much better than you would expect I'm sure. This is about on par with the sequel and probably better than the original because of the good effects. Although the actual horror aspect has slightly drained away which seems to happen with these sequels. As time passes from the original people realise this stuff is actually daft so the films become more like parodies of themselves but maintain the gruesome effects.
½ July 25, 2013
What was I expecting was all I kept thinking about.
Angela, you might have thrown a killer party (once) but every party since has been like Yahtzee night with the parents.
½ March 19, 2013
TheDudeLebowski65
January 24, 2013
Third entry in The Night of the Demons franchise is a flawed but still very enjoyable horror flick. The elements that made the first two films great are here, but are a tad watered down. The result is an average but enjoyable Horror flick which is more tongue in cheek than actually horrifying. Despite this, the film does manage to scare just enough for you to have a good time. But by no means is this better than the first film, which was brilliantly directed by director Kevin S. Tenney. This film is cheesy, comical and fun. I don't think that this is a bad third entry at all. But compared to the first two, of course it's disappointing. But fans of the first film might not be that disappointed because this is still a fairly well done sequel. The cast are decent at best, considering that this is a direct to video sequel. The film still has plenty of blood for the gore fans out there, and the film does have great moments, but as a third entry in this franchise, this is a bit of a disappointment. But by no means is this a bad film, but if you watch this, you should realize that it doesn't beat the original. The film follows essentially the same formula, but surrounds a bunch of criminals hiding out in the funeral home. This is a good enough third entry, but like I've said a bit disappointing. However this is still a fun film to watch. Amelia Kinkade of course returns as Angela, and she is just as great as ever. I also felt that there was a more tongue in cheek feel to this film than the first two in the series. The film tended to rely more on comedy than horror at times, and it did feel like the filmmakers lost track of what they were doing. But then Night of the Demons is a Horror Comedy, but for this entry they tended to push the comedic elements a little harder than the previous entries. Despite the flaws, Night of the Demons 3 is still a very entertaining film and is still a good viewing.
½ November 29, 2012
hated it, I thought it was a crap film and I will never watch it again, expected better, I didn't think this was a good film, I thought it was crap, it starred Amelia Kinkade, Kris Holdenreid and Larry Day
October 28, 2012
I was a big fan of the first two NOTD(emons) movies...this one not so much.
½ October 27, 2012
Best of the series, but thats not saying a great deal. A van full of teens head to Hull House after a run in with police at a local convenience store, some against their will. Convenience store storyline was actually better than the demons.
August 29, 2012
please can I get this movie to watch
½ February 4, 2012
Well this is defo the weakest in the trilogy but Angela rounding up her party guests & killing them in gruesom ways makes this film very enjoyable!
December 25, 2011
Not much different than the first two. Group of teenagers go to Hull House and some turn into demons. That's the story, though there is a connivence store shoot out, that's new!
August 1, 2011
Vince: Come here. Just the bitch I was looking for!
July 8, 2011
Not as good as the first, i was actually a little disappointed with this but maybe it was my fault... i may have expected too much.
½ March 20, 2011
Reservoir Dogs meets Night of the Demons

Not a bad story but really suffers from not being able to use the original Hull House, the replacement looks like any average house and it's not dilapidated at all, nothing creepy about people sitting around a new house. Also I really couldn't see why the group of friends hung out, they seemed to hate each other.
½ February 26, 2011
angela is the only reason i watched the movie .
½ December 13, 2010
Quite a lot of tits (in the first 10 minutes, mostly, and I almost choked on them) and very little plot, which is alright by me. The special effects are pretty terrible (even by 80s standards and this was released in 1997) the "gruff" demon voices are positively laughable, I hated every single character (although the black guy was alright while he lasted), the acting is, of course, terrible. I'm not surprised by any of this...it's pretty requisite in these types of films...just stating facts. I think a girl, um, briefly pleasing herself with a snake and another giving a lengthy blowjob to a gun and spitting out bullets were the real standouts for me. The completely ridiculous opening credits sequence is a close third. Not really spoilers since I don't believe anyone would/should actually be looking forward to this POS.
½ December 6, 2010
November 9, 2010
It was ok. Not the best sequel. Part 1 and 2 were much better, and the remake was on par with this.