Night of the Living Dead: Reanimated - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Night of the Living Dead: Reanimated Reviews

½ March 12, 2014
Terrible, crudely drawn pictures. Most of it isn't even animation. The parts done with Half-Life 2 and clay weren't bad, but taking out the color was a bad move. For Romero freaks only.
May 27, 2013
An unusual but brilliant idea, just a shame the artists artwork is not so great.
February 18, 2013
I am going to pass on this one.
½ April 22, 2012
Start was a bit good but later on it was a complete joke
½ March 20, 2012
what the tut is this i'm watching?
½ February 1, 2012
A curious what is warranted, the classic Romero film gets animated scene by scene, beat by beat, but not just one animation style, but many styles, from crude plasticine, original footage made up, to very authentic comic panels, some work better than others, and sometimes many seem unwanted, at times a piece will intrude with much better ones, but at the end of it all, it comes together and it woirks to a degree. it is interesting how some animation adds somethings, so a interesting watch, and im not sure what true Night of the living dead fans would think, Im trying to think what id feel if Taxi driver was done this way, and im up for that. definatly a film worth a watch to see a experiment.
½ April 4, 2011
Equal parts terrible and awesome.
½ March 22, 2011
Night of the Living Dead: Reanimated is a brilliant and daunting idea, but the finished product doesn't work as an entire film. For die-hard fans of the original ONLY, and even then, most of us will find plenty aggravating about this collage of animated scene, stills, and pieces of Romero's masterpiece. Part of the problem (most of the problem really) for me is that this isn't really animated much. Still images are not what I think of as animation, and most of NOTLD:R features artists' interpretations of certain moments through a single drawing, or sketch. Still other scenes just give us bits of the actual original film but with some editing effect over the original footage. The whole thing feels very scattershot, and while some moments stand out on their own as beautiful, scary and even funny, the film as a whole wears out it's welcome far too soon. It's a great idea, but one that could have used a bit more fine-tuning and a few rules to go along with all the fun. NOTLD:R gets props for originality, but just doesn't work as a 100 minute feature.
February 10, 2011
this is for die-hard fans only. If you have never seen the original, then don't bother. If, however, you have seen it more times than you can count, then you may enjoy it as much as I did. Some parts are very creative, and some are klunky and don't work, but overall, I am just so glad to see something done with this amazing movie to re-interpret it, so I had a great time watching it.
January 20, 2011
I had such high hopes for this as the concept is pretty awesome but only about 15% of the art is any good, the rest looks like a bad junior high art project.
December 18, 2010
Oh how I wish Romeo's masterpiece wasn't public domain.
December 10, 2010
A bunch of artists doing a mosaic-like interpretation of Romero's classic is a great idea. Trouble is, to do it justice you need a much larger animation budget than this production could afford. Points for trying, though.
November 6, 2010
This was an interesting perspective told through hundreds of artistic mediums. Some of the animation was so good, while others were just plain awful. Some of the animation was scary and others were downright funny. It was fun to watch just to see what would come up next. If you're a fan of this movie, you will appreciate this. If you have never seen the original, do it first.
½ October 26, 2010