Die Nacht der lebenden Loser (Night of the Living Dorks) - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Die Nacht der lebenden Loser (Night of the Living Dorks) Reviews

June 3, 2015
best viewed in the original German, with subtitles as needed. great example of horror/comedy. be prepared, it is an indie film, so don't expect a Hollywood quality film, but it is fantastic nonetheless.
November 20, 2014
Take your brains out and a big fat laugh: this movie is epic. American Pie is like, slow and sluggish when compared to this. An epic comedy not for all the family. An underdog.
April 12, 2014
Funny as hell!! A all time favorite!!!
½ July 15, 2013
If you squint really hard you can almost pretend it's the 80s over again and this hasn't been done a dozen times over. There's nary an original moment in the entire film and every stolen/purloined/homaged moment hasn't been done better but somehow the relentless tribute to teen flicks of yesteryear works. It's not outright hilarious but it is entertaining enough to sustain its length.
½ June 13, 2012
Take American Pie, throw in some zombies and pretty much you have this movie. It's an ZomCom that doesn't fail. I laughed more times then expected and despite the horrible make up job, just roll with it. It's a cheaply made, mature teen (sounds like an oxymoron but they are out there) movie that is enjoyable. The dub is kinda bad also but it is a German movie so, find the original with subtitles.
March 14, 2012
It was a bit crude for my tastes, but not bad. A bit obnoxious, I'm not sure I'd want to watch it again unless I was showing it to someone else.
½ November 25, 2011
A German funny horror movie, only I would know about. It's worth a watch if you like your horror or humor.. and German I guess
½ September 24, 2011
Honestly it's stupid, but not many movies can be this funny
September 17, 2011
Very German teen zombie humor... Takes a lot of liberties with zombie tradition but always in good fun. Mostly laughable if you can put yourself into the proper mindset, but just dumb in places. Should probably be seen by zombie schlock fans because its just 'different' enough. Dubbed english.
July 23, 2011
Despite the fact that this movie is stupid and pointless, its a really funny and laughable movie. To watch this movie and take any of it seriously is pointless but its still worth a watch if you have nothing better to do. Sadly I wish I could have watched the non dubbed version. Its not a movie I would pick to watch or even recommend to anyone but if you have nothing better to do and its on TV or whatever, sure.
February 12, 2011
this looks stupid just by looking at the poster
December 3, 2010
You picture a lame title and looking cover to be awful, but how can I destroy when I had so much fun. It's American Pie meets Idle Hand as you see these sex hungry losers living the "nerd life" as they one day go through changes. They are picked on by the richest jock of all and ridiculed by girls. While visiting an incompetent satanist, the three amigos have ashes spread by accident and die later on the day. They wake up to find themselves as zombies and go on a comic chaos while its hero tries to connect with a girl he's in love with. Zombie rules are applied as always, but add Haitian vodoo to it. There is no zombie gore, but it's made up of plenty of laughs especially from the loveable supporting cast. This flick reminds me of another film I love called Replikate.
November 24, 2010
That was a pretty good zombie comedy! I enjoyed it!
½ September 25, 2010
Definitely not a movie for everybody, I would only recommend you see this movie if you are into really campy B-movies
September 20, 2010
Took another look at this one to get it off the old To-Watch Pile:

Feeling a bit like the film Idle Hands, this does a pretty good job of blending a comedic sensibility into the horror genre by way of three German teens who manage to turn themselves into zombies after playing around in the dark arts with the local Goth girl & her pals.

It's an enjoyable flick, give it a shot, I guarantee you've seen worse horror/comedies.
September 3, 2010
Every shade of awesome.
July 27, 2010
This could be called George A. Romero's American Pie of The Dead, just joking. Fun horror comedy from Germany though it's very light on the horror.
½ June 19, 2010
It wasn't great but it wasn't awful... I laughed a couple of times, but otherwise I'm surprised at the teenage movie meets zombies...
½ June 17, 2010
Genre de mixte entre comedie d'ado et film de zombies... Bien reussi !
John2223
June 8, 2010
'Die Nacht der lebenden Loser' is not a real Horror-Movie, rather a Horror-Comedy-Movie with more comedy in it than horror. It is a decent movie combining comedy with typical zombie images.
It is not hilarious but it has some good funny moments.
Very enjoyable!!!