Night of the Sharks (La Notte degli Squali) Reviews

• Mar 23, 2011

Review for 1990's "Deep Blood" It is truly amazing how much tension you can build with some underwater shark POV shots of swimmers' legs and some scary music. Throw in some decent National Geographic footage of a badass shark in there and you've got me jumping out of my seat more than once. Deep Blood sucks. It manages to freak you out with some Jaws-style POV moments, and a mysterious Indian (Native American actually) pops up, providing some unintentional laughs. Unfortunately Deep Blood isn't scary or unintentionally funny to recommend either way. Makes me wish I'd kept my copy of Orca: The Killer Whale.