Night Skies - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Night Skies Reviews

½ July 10, 2013
Makes you watch the night skies--Overall great close encounter film!!
August 28, 2012
Worst fucking acting ever
February 1, 2012
Well, fact or fiction is about a joke in hollywood these days. So this wasn't all that great. Rubberheaded aliens and cheesy acting. Don't watch.
½ September 9, 2011
Has anyone npticed that this film perhaps was an attempt to compliment 'Fire in the Sky'? First off, the film opens up with one of the most suspensful scenes in the movie before rewinding to the beginning, it's based on a true story, the title : Night skies, compared to Fire in the sky,' the scene where one of the main characters wakes up aboard the alien craft, with the opening shot being his hand smeared in alien goop. Perhaps Roy Knyrim was confused and didn't know how to direct an alien film so instead he piggybacks over another film. A poor attempt of a movie. But what was interedting and ratehr drawinf, was his ability to make the whole alien thing actually seem from 'outer space', and that was what seperated this film from many other alien abduction films. Poorly directed, written terribly, and I won't even go into the acting, but is definately a stand out from the sci fi genre.
½ February 18, 2011
First thing you get is John McCain archive footage and the rest gets better, too. The 1997 Phoenix Lights UFO incident retold with evil aliens attacking kids in their camper. Campy, bloody and fun.
November 8, 2010
This movie is meant to make you think. Yet, how come it made you not want to watch it after the first Boring-Thirty Minutes??

I liked it sense of dependency on the UFO lovers, but it didn't really reach out to the Mainstream audiences, in which most films are apreciated.

I can honestly say, I am a part UFO Fanatic, But I am not obsessed. I also relatively, yet tradgicly enjoyed this film's failed attempt at being the next "Close Encounters". It was a big upset.

If you Understood it's poorly and Drool way of explaining it's plot points and the true, yet the oddly enough events that occured On March 13, 1997.

To claim these testomonies, and tales of these people is hard to say, yet Honestly to Refute the "Phoenix Lights"? I have no reason, Do you.?
½ July 12, 2010

½ June 4, 2010
As much as I hate to admit it, aliens creep me the fuck out. It's probably the simplistic form they usually take, their silence, and yet knowing how intelligent they are. Even a low budget, shoddily acted bit of hokum like Night Skies, has enough to unsettle me for the most part. A lot of it is in the amateur leagues, but the director certainly has an eye for sticking stuff in the background. It gets even creepier when we see things that the characters don't. It's a shame that there's such a bombastic musical score to ruin a lot of the intensity. It's tolerable when it keeps itself simple, but when it goes aliens overboard it loses the mystery.
January 20, 2010
Everything was wrong, like they dissected a T00L video
November 12, 2009
Based after True Events Night Skies was the one that made me wanna see it. After watching the previews I was like " This looks really good!" So back when Netflix let you buy movies from them I purchased Night Skies. When I got the dvd it said "Inspired By Real Events" I almost crapped my pants...Not really but I thought that it was impossible but when I watched I kinda got the feel for it being real. The story seemed to fall into place after watching halfway through. But the ending was not very good. For a 2006 movie it is one of my favs.Jason Connery stars as Rick the Army Vet. who meets the gang with the camper after they crash into his old pick-up truck broken down on the side of the road. Like most horror movies both cars are broken and they don't know where they are. And they are once again being stalked by something not of this world. And I love the fact that they didn't have the old fashioned type of alien space ship. You don't see the out side but the inside was way different than what I thought it would be. As always the aliens have a super hi-tech alien stuff that will torture the humans and figure out what is up with them. They run some wierd tests and the guy that is not being tortured has one bullet lift in his revolver. Imagine that. One left and he has to decide either him or the pregnant lady with no baby. No thanks to the aliens. And you will have to watch the movie to figure out who he picks, not far after that is the ending and it could have been better but I will let you decide for your self. I give it four outta five stars.
September 8, 2009
Based on the Phoenix Lights my butt! What hypnosis-therapy sessions? There were no hypnosis-therapy sessions for any witnesses of this sighting!
½ September 7, 2009
If you can't get enough of Fire in the Sky this is probably a film you want to see. Just not as good.
½ June 8, 2009
Five stars if you're a moron.
January 21, 2009
Fairly enjoyable B-Movie nonsense. Has enough scares and intrigue to get you through the poor acting and character motivations.
½ January 15, 2009
This movie really scared me! It was nice to watch an actually scary movie that made me think twice about turning my light out to go to bed.
November 13, 2008
this movie is awesome although it is pretty creepy
November 4, 2008
So, I enjoy AJ Cook's work, but not enough to watch aliens rip her stomach open. *Shudder!* Plus, too much foul language (I don't mean clever Taratino-style cussin'... I mean a crass lack of creative dialogue).
September 22, 2008
Dumb. Bad dialogue. Bad acting. Too many throw ups. Good looking aliens. Appetizing slime cocoon thing.
May 5, 2008
First I thought it's going to be a stupid film, but hey, it turns out pretty good, most of them doesn't make sense, but this is Alien Movie...it should not make sense anyways...it's good movie to watch with your girlfriend or wife hahaa! :-)
April 15, 2008
quite good. unusual to see jason connery in anything other than robin of sherwood. he should do more movies.