Night Train Reviews

• Mar 03, 2013

John Hurt has had a unique career. His classic performances come in gritty films like The Elephant man and Midnight Express, he has voiced animated classic like Watership Down and he has appeared in box office gold like the Harry Potter films. He also has a history of making quirky independent films, such as Night Train, a film that I actually watched several years ago now but apparently never rated on Flixster until today. Night Train is a very British film, in both a good and bad sense. It is low key and minimalist which serves the story and characters but at the same time it feels televisual and the production is far from accomplished. This is a curiosity for fans of Hurt, but I fear its reach may end there.

• Dec 02, 2011

I watched a movie called Night Train but it wasn't this one.The one I watched was not in the list for some odd reason.It was staring Leelee Sobieski .But that is ok cause you are not missing anything.A few interesting moments but over all a waste of time.

• scott g Super Reviewer
    Oct 12, 2010

a interesting little tale with john hurt as a oldtimer out of jail, falling in love and needing to go straight, legging it with newlove in tow on the orient express, dull in parts but it gains momentum when needed and the two oldies got it where it counts

• May 29, 2010

• Jan 20, 2010

• Jan 09, 2010

bad writing. bad directing. bad acting

bad writing. bad directing. bad acting

• Jan 19, 2009

• Nov 02, 2008

A mostly good-hearted mix of lonely-hearts romance and Graham Greene-style soul-searching, Irish playwright John Lynch's "Night Train" eventually jumps the tracks, derailed by jarring tone shifts and homestretch absurdities.