Reviews

• Apr 04, 2010

Un de mes films préférés à vie...

Un de mes films préférés à vie...

• Jun 28, 2009

Realisation percutante par Jean-Claude Lauzon dont c'etait le 1er long-metrage, et qui nous depeint ici un ''Montreal by night'' a la fois sensuel et sordide. Suivi de Leolo en 1992. Lauzon etait un des grands talents cinematographiques quebecois mais il est malheureusement decede d'un accident d'avion avant de realiser son 3e film.

• Apr 17, 2008

THIS won "Best Picture" at the Genies? what a load of shit. This film is a massive turd. Exploitative sex scenes, turgid dialogue and the most inane climax I can recall. Seriously, this film plays like a parody of Frech art films. I reiterate, anyone who claims to love this film is a twat.

• Jan 26, 2008

Tout simplement magnifique

Tout simplement magnifique

• Jan 19, 2008

Pour la scene du canot.

Pour la scene du canot.

• Nov 11, 2007

Well, I am disappointed. The fact is that I thought Un zoo la nuit would be as magic as Léolo (which is the greatest Quebec movie, to my opinion). It is not. But, Jean-Claude Lauzon's first movie is really good. It is about the relationship between a man and his father. The relation between the two protagonists is, for me, the most interesting element of the movie. Far from being bad. Far from Léolo.

• Sep 09, 2007

I really enjoyed this movie, I liked the story and thought it was a great look into Montreal underworld. Lauzon really gets into the sordidness of the French poorer classes like no body else.

• Aug 10, 2007

Pretentious nonsense about a drug addled gangster with sexual and family issues. Beautiful cinematography wasted on a tedious subject.

• Jul 22, 2007

Powerful acting by Roger Lebel, good indications of the directing talent of Lauzon.

• Jul 05, 2007