Nightfall Reviews

• May 25, 2014

Nightfall s'avère un bon drame policier originaire de corée du sud. Malgré une histoire un peu complexe celle ci demeure efficace avec quelques flashbacks pour faire bien comprendre ce qui as ammener aux évènements actuels. Une très bonne réalisation

• Apr 28, 2012

One of the best sci stories ever written made into one of the worst movie versions of a good book I have ever seen. Wait till someone else remakes it.

• Apr 06, 2012

just ok. bad directed. wasting good actors.

just ok. bad directed. wasting good actors.

• Sep 14, 2011

A surprisingly entertaining low budget scifi fllick that relies more on concept than special FX. Of course, having Carradine in your film is always a plus to me. The idea that people would just freak out because of darkness is just mind boggling but that's the beauty of science fiction... it allows you to explore these kinds of ideas. Worth checking out if you're a major science fiction fan especially if you lean more towards the intellectual side of the genre.

• Mar 06, 2010

Makes Uwe Boll look like Peter Jackson.

Makes Uwe Boll look like Peter Jackson.

• Mar 08, 2009

Seriously possibly the worst movie ever made, its really from the late 80's, I saw it at Sunnyvale 6 theatres.

• Feb 01, 2008

My first scifi short story was Nightfall, this is the movieversion of this story. Most would find this boring, but it's not another brainless movie. Read the story then wacht it, and you will enjoy it. People are easy to lead and often need a scapegoat.

• Aug 28, 2007

this is a movie not for people used to special effects. has a plot outline more suited to intellectuals. the one quote by emerson in the end (it's in my profile), is awesome..

• Jun 06, 2007

Inspired by an Emerson quote, "If the stars were to appear but one night in a thousand years, how would man believe and adore and preserver for many generations the remembrance of the City of God which they had seen.: Astounding SF Stories Editor John W Campbell challenged Isaac Asimov to come up with a story about what would happen to a civilization with 1000 years of daylight and one night of darkness. The result was a classic SF short story Nightfall. As for the movie... DO NOT WASTE YOUR TIME! There are two versions that I know of based on Isaac Asimov's classic short story about a world bathed in perpetual light where one night in a thousand years, they have complete darkness. The best I can say is that one movie is not nearly as horrid as the other. One would get a negative rating, the other might be as good as half a star. There is no redeeming value, no great special effects, and to the best of my recollection neither version uses any of the character names from Asimov's story. Save your time. Save your money. Get a better movie than this. DO read the original short story by Asimov not the expanded later versions of this timeless classic.

• Mar 10, 2007

Perhaps one of the worst movies ever made.

Perhaps one of the worst movies ever made.