The Nightmare Before Christmas - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

The Nightmare Before Christmas Reviews

February 17, 2018
Almost all the songs of that movie became my favorites. I love it!
February 10, 2018
One of only 2 movies I ever left the theater before it was over. The other was Ocean's 11.
January 29, 2018
Tim Burtons nightmare before Christmas is stop motion Disney film that looks creepy for some views its about Halloween world of monsters sounds creepy but its not with a monster going to the human world and finds out whats Christmas if you love Tim Burtons weird mind watch this to see how creepy he is 8/10
January 23, 2018
Two are the artists behind this Masterpiece: Tim Burton and Denny Elfman. The former creating a visual treat, a unique story, and lovable characters. The later not only composing the music, but singing them too! I mean... how cool is that? The only bad thing about this fairy-tale: passes by so quickly!
January 11, 2018
I have to be honest, I was scared of watching The Nightmare Before Christmas at first, because of how the ghosts in the opening number looked very realistic.
Still, I managed to get used to that, and I now like this movie. Although it's too much of a musical for a stop motion animation film, and there's not much humour like there is in the Aardman films. But the story, the characters and the songs are all good.
Warning: if you're a scared little child and if you watch this on the night before Christmas - well, let's count that as a Nightmare Before Christmas. Otherwise - classic movie for all ages!
January 7, 2018
Wasn't personally impressed by it.
January 1, 2018
Most of what's here is stellar animation of its time. Visual. Clear storytelling of an often thin story. Nice fantasy.
December 26, 2017
Navidad del 2017 momento perfecto para volver a ver pesadilla antes de Navidad e igual que la primera vez me sigue encantando la película, la animación es de lo mejor de la película, el método de animación por stop motion siempre será algo de admirar, ya que el trabajo y dificultad que requiere ese tipo de animación es indescriptible pero el resultado es grandioso, por otra parte, el elemento más importante para un músical: el soundtrack, este de la mano de Danny Elfman es grandioso y el tema de is this halloween es de los mejores temas que he escuchado para una película, pero lo que realmente me encanto y la razón por la que tienes que ver la película, es por el tema que aborda; ¿Cual es el significado de la Navidad? Que es lo que Jack se plantea por toda la película y al final tiene una conclusión totalmente errónea de la Navidad, el creyó que es dar regalos y ya pero no es así la Navidad se trata de estar con tu familia y convivir algo que Jack aprenderá por las malas.
December 24, 2017
Two stars for visuals and some clever lyrics. Otherwise a total waste of time! Plot? Missing in action. Point of the story? Beats me! Since when does sensory overload overshadow story telling?

Contrast this poor effort with the magnificent Beauty and the Beast. At the end of both films I was shaking my head, once from ear-ringing sensory overload, and once in profound amazement.
½ December 24, 2017
Tim Burton at his finest. This movie is visually stunning, and Danny Elfman aces the music.
½ December 24, 2017
visually amazing but the story is rather boring and just doesnt add anything new to whats already been told in many films before
December 24, 2017
Amazing, unique movie from Tim Burton. Different from nowday CGs, but really great.
½ December 23, 2017
If I could give it zero stars, I would. An awful movie full of disturbing images. Typical Tim Burton schlock. He is so predictable. Nothing new here. Nothing to see here.
½ December 19, 2017
Puntaje Original: 6.5

La creatividad de Tim Burton es increíble. The Nightmare Before Christmas es muestra de ello, que entretiene a los más pequeños en nochebuena, pero no logra conectar del todo con la audiencia adulta.
December 18, 2017
One of my favorite movies to watch during both Halloween and Christmas ever year. It has amazing visual effect and great music. It is one of my favorite animated films and stop-motion movies as well as one of my favorite movies of all time.
½ December 10, 2017
I watched this with some friends for the first time at a Christmas Party and went into it with a pretty good understanding of the hype surrounding it. I'd listened to a majority of the songs in the movie before watching it and had watched a review of it which labelled it as "meh". I always have respect for stop motion given how much effort it takes to sink into each and every frame and this movie has a very unique stylized aesthetic that is gripping. Easily one of the best movies I've seen this year, 24 years after its original release. Would recommend.
November 30, 2017
A timeless movie for all ages. Animation was superb, storyline wonderful.
November 29, 2017
Delightful holiday film that pays fine tribute to both Halloween & Christmas but peters out a bit in the third act. The first 2/3's of the film are brilliant, with gorgeous stop motion animation (which always works well with horror themed movies), catchy songs and a great vocal cast. The details of Halloween Town are ingenious, and you will catch new gags with each viewing, along with a nice satire on the meaning of both Halloween & Christmas, especially with how the holidays tend to bump into each other. However, the third act is cliched with a poorly developed villain in Oggy Boogy, who feels tacked on. Overall, still a fun holiday film that is perfect viewing for both Halloween & Christmas.
November 28, 2017
Masterpiece. One of the greatest greats.
½ November 20, 2017
I love it such a great movie