The Nightmare Before Christmas - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

The Nightmare Before Christmas Reviews

September 20, 2017
With a classic, original story, unforgettable characters, memorable music numbers, beautiful animation, elements of wonder, romance, and the unknown, as well as the classic struggle between good and evil, The Nightmare Before Christmas simply has everything a moviegoer would want! A cinematic masterpiece, my favorite holiday movie and one of my favorite movies of all time!
September 14, 2017
Wonderful Anti-Disney musical, with comparable magic, comedy and emotion. A great experiment and definitely under-appreciated during its time, particularly the work of Danny Elfman who is this generation's Bach.
September 2, 2017
This film is in my opinion the BEST CHRISTMAS SPECIAL OF ALL TIME!!! No such thing as nitpicks and problems, it was just a really good way to combine Halloween (even though I hate Halloween) and Christmas and make it a really good movie and treat it as a Tim Burton masterpiece.
½ August 31, 2017
Creative, imaginative, and funny; "The Nightmare Before Christmas" delivers enough catchy tunes and effective stop motion effects to both entertain or frighten you. It's an achievement to behold.
½ August 14, 2017
With good music, great stop-motion animation, and a good concept, The Nightmare Before Christmas comes out as a great movie with my recommendation!
½ August 3, 2017
An amazing stop motion film from the brilliant mind of Tim Burton! A Halloween classic with a fantastic soundtrack!
July 23, 2017
A stop-motion classic that is a perfect watch to get you into the mood and spirit of Halloween time.
July 19, 2017
one of the best movies I've ever seen. Beautiful movie! One of the best stories I've ever heard
½ June 26, 2017
Beautifully animated, written, and directed, The Nightmare Before Christmas proves to be one of Tim Burton's greatest films. It also features a soundtrack and musical score by Danny Elfman that is unbeatable.
½ June 19, 2017
The animation in this movie is second to none.
½ June 4, 2017
I just happened to give this a re-watch on Blu-Ray last night, and the detail and textures are amazing. Jack Skellington grows bored and tries his hand at Christmas, with spooky results for all involved.

Such a fun little film, how can you not enjoy this?

Highly recommended.
May 30, 2017
Tim Burton was good at doing this movie you can't go wrong watching this movie! There's good scenery and action good singing songs and a silly movie!
April 21, 2017
I think the plot is boring, but this movie is different from others.
April 20, 2017
Tim Burton provided a dark sensuously delicious candy coated nightmare, an instant classic and Rare look into the macabre that leaves you wanting more.
March 23, 2017
Very good and a little sweet. Some minor scary parts, but nothing too bad. Good music and characters. One of Burton's best.
March 19, 2017
Una dimostrazione di una immaginazione sconfinata che riesce ad emozionare e coinvolgere con una grande colonna sonora e delle canzoni molto belle e divertenti.
½ March 12, 2017
Good? Yes.
Perfect? no.
½ February 17, 2017
The nightmare before Christmas is such a great kid movie, it's beautifully animated or it's got great characters, it's got a really really good Storia, and at the same time it's scary kind of
February 17, 2017
Tim Burton's best movie
February 12, 2017
A classic masterclass of stop motion animation that you'll watch bi-annually at both Halloween and Christmas. It's got imaginative characters, an interesting story, memorable music, romance and a good message. What more can you ask for?