The Nightmare Before Christmas - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

The Nightmare Before Christmas Reviews

½ November 20, 2017
I love it such a great movie
November 10, 2017
Just a masterpiece at Christmas (or Halloween if I can get away with it)
November 9, 2017
Hilarious, imaginative, impeccably designed and technically astounding. So much better than just another obsession for Hot Topic kids.
½ November 2, 2017
The Nightmare Before Christmas: A stunning classic; one that benifits from its style and classy musical numbers.
½ November 1, 2017
The nightmare before Christmas is such a great kid movie, it's beautifully animated or it's got great characters, it's got a really really good Story, and at the same time it's scary kind of
October 31, 2017
Superb stop-motion animation and a memorable score and soundtrack by the master, Danny Elfman, director Henry Selick succeeds at adapting Tim Burton's whimsical and twisted story into an iconic, imaginative and deliciously bizarre animated film, and while considerably short and simple crafted, its magic relays on its universality towards the viewers, for these characters, sets and moments are original and unforgettable, and that's what the production needed to combine in order to deliver a unique story.
October 31, 2017
One of the greatest movies I've ever seen! The music and stop motion is beautiful and has a very talented cast. I would definitely recommend it for older kids and families.
½ October 30, 2017
(5.5 out of 6)- clay animation
When every year there is a day where the dead and evil haunt the world we can't miss, that we dress up other then ourselves to celebrate. When what we do each and every year we don't miss it when it's the same thing each time that is in need of a change. When we can't miss every aspect of Halloween around us when there is a place that embodies it when we don't know where it all came from. When what we enjoy we can't miss out to start early for next year when there is only 1 day what moves us towards to. When what we miss we easily bring back when all what goes and disappears comes here that we live with the missing. When who we are we can't be mistaken when we are the best in who we are that we can't do without when we go missing. When where we go we can't miss when it's something different that we never knew exists. When what we would miss, we easily bring along when we bring along everything we see back with us. When what is missed returns to be something else when we are dressing up our day to be soneone else's day. When we quite not understand what day's means when we miss it each year to not see what it brings. When others like something's the same when they miss the old things of our day and people that we rather not change. When what others won't miss we imprison when we don't see what others want when we give them what they have been missing out on change. When what others mistaken they know now that the thing they miss is gone when it's replaced with some imposter. When what others don't miss is others gain when it brings the evil out of them to rule. When others have to miss out on we don't see when we only our haunting ways in our day. What we miss all along is in front of our eyes when we see what things are really is and meant to be.
October 29, 2017
I have watched this holiday movie many times since its original release in 1993 and every time I have enjoyed it tremendously. The animation and music are nothing short of terrific and the characters are well written and very likeable. Even the villains are likeable. Oogie Boogie is fantastic and his songs are a lot of fun. The entire voice cast does an excellent job as well. It's unfortunate that the Academy of Motion Pictures Arts and Sciences had not yet created the Academy Award for Best Animated Feature at the time of the movie's release because it definitely should have won the award. If you have not seen "The Nightmare Before Christmas" make time to see it as soon as possible. It is well worth your time.
October 28, 2017
Couldn't have been better!
October 27, 2017
10/27/17: Rewatching this during halloween weekend was truly something special! Fantastic holiday classic film!

Overall Grade: A+ (10/10)
October 21, 2017
Masterpiece. One of the greatest greats
½ October 20, 2017
Jack Skellington, king of Halloween Town, discovers Christmas Town, but his attempts to bring Christmas to his home cause confusion. An excellent original story that combines the two festivities in the best way possible. The stop motion animation was enough for it to be nominated to an Oscar for Visual Effects. It was a 1993 film and it is still a pop culture icon nowadays! Tim Burton - Official Page rules!
½ October 15, 2017
this was a good movie and tim burtton did a creepy atmosphere
½ October 14, 2017
For the first stop motion animation feature film, it did amazing. Plenty of songs to sing along to, a bunch of unique characters to meet, and a brilliant combination of a Christmas movie and Halloween movie!
½ October 13, 2017
With unique storytelling, well-written songs, and a wealthy supply of macabre suitable for Halloween, this beautifully animated holiday musical makes no sacrifices in inspiration to achieve its all-ages appeal.
October 9, 2017
This right here is TIm Burton's masterpiece! Every scene, every character, every song, everything that this movie has to offer is just absolutely fantastic! Out of every stop motion movie there is, none can compare to this, it's just way too good! The movie also has a perfect blend of Halloween with Christmas! It's a very unusual one, but the movie still truly makes it work. There is not a single thing I can say that's negative about this movie. There are also so many memorable moments, making it so so rewatchable. This gets nothing but a 10 out of 10, without a doubt one of my favorite movies of all time! In fact it's so rewatchable, that it's better than the last time I would rewatch it! I will always love this movie to death, and would watch it every Halloween AND Christmas!
October 8, 2017
This is one I never miss during this time of year. Of course being a fan of both Tim Burton's work and of course classic stop motion animation this one is a winner for me through and through. Watch as Jack Skellington discovers and then tries to "improve upon" the strange new thing called Christmas.
September 24, 2017
As a child I enjoyed this movie and was able to enjoy it with my children.
September 20, 2017
With a classic, original story, unforgettable characters, memorable music numbers, beautiful animation, elements of wonder, romance, and the unknown, as well as the classic struggle between good and evil, The Nightmare Before Christmas simply has everything a moviegoer would want! A cinematic masterpiece, my favorite holiday movie and one of my favorite movies of all time!