The Nightmare Before Christmas - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

The Nightmare Before Christmas Reviews

½ April 14, 2018
The Nightmare Before Christmas is surely an artful work of stop-motion, but its storyline is messy and the songs are annoying.
michael e.
March 29, 2018
the most magical film ever created by the mind of tim burton. It truly captures your imagination, you feel magic, wonder, and fear while watching it and you come back to the real world satisfied at the end truly one of the best
½ March 28, 2018
Undeniably fresh and dark. "The Nightmare Before Christmas" is a gorgeous film that can be enjoyed at both Halloween time and Christmas time.
March 9, 2018
i want to see all full movie of this
½ February 26, 2018
Henry Selick's film, also known for "Coraline", even if many - myself included, believe it's Tim Burton's film. It kind of is, his fingerprints are all over the film. He wrote it, so that's not a mystery, really. There is a well crafted world where the plot takes place.

Some scary, Halloween-like place is introduced to Christmas. Everything here is made creepy and silly and they try to do the same ting about Christmas too. A fraud Santa, giving out nasty presents et cetera. It got the potential of being a masterpiece and many viewers see the film this way. For me it's a big downer.

I saw it with a bunch of twelve year olds. Many of them found it flat and pretty boring, I found that a bit weird, since it's rated eleven plus. I was never amazed myself and I'm sure we all found it a bit dated. It looks good today, but it's few funny scenes, few scary scenes and all the smart scenes never makes up for it. Loads of songs, most of them very well written, but there are just too many of them for me. I found it rather boring, even if the presentation, idea and story is rock solid. I was hoping for way more.

5 out of 10 Chrisweens.
February 17, 2018
Almost all the songs of that movie became my favorites. I love it!
February 10, 2018
One of only 2 movies I ever left the theater before it was over. The other was Ocean's 11.
January 29, 2018
Tim Burtons nightmare before Christmas is stop motion Disney film that looks creepy for some views its about Halloween world of monsters sounds creepy but its not with a monster going to the human world and finds out whats Christmas if you love Tim Burtons weird mind watch this to see how creepy he is 8/10
January 23, 2018
Two are the artists behind this Masterpiece: Tim Burton and Denny Elfman. The former creating a visual treat, a unique story, and lovable characters. The later not only composing the music, but singing them too! I mean... how cool is that? The only bad thing about this fairy-tale: passes by so quickly!
January 11, 2018
I have to be honest, I was scared of watching The Nightmare Before Christmas at first, because of how the ghosts in the opening number looked very realistic.
Still, I managed to get used to that, and I now like this movie. Although it's too much of a musical for a stop motion animation film, and there's not much humour like there is in the Aardman films. But the story, the characters and the songs are all good.
Warning: if you're a scared little child and if you watch this on the night before Christmas - well, let's count that as a Nightmare Before Christmas. Otherwise - classic movie for all ages!
January 7, 2018
Wasn't personally impressed by it.
January 1, 2018
Most of what's here is stellar animation of its time. Visual. Clear storytelling of an often thin story. Nice fantasy.
December 26, 2017
Navidad del 2017 momento perfecto para volver a ver pesadilla antes de Navidad e igual que la primera vez me sigue encantando la película, la animación es de lo mejor de la película, el método de animación por stop motion siempre será algo de admirar, ya que el trabajo y dificultad que requiere ese tipo de animación es indescriptible pero el resultado es grandioso, por otra parte, el elemento más importante para un músical: el soundtrack, este de la mano de Danny Elfman es grandioso y el tema de is this halloween es de los mejores temas que he escuchado para una película, pero lo que realmente me encanto y la razón por la que tienes que ver la película, es por el tema que aborda; ¿Cual es el significado de la Navidad? Que es lo que Jack se plantea por toda la película y al final tiene una conclusión totalmente errónea de la Navidad, el creyó que es dar regalos y ya pero no es así la Navidad se trata de estar con tu familia y convivir algo que Jack aprenderá por las malas.
December 24, 2017
Two stars for visuals and some clever lyrics. Otherwise a total waste of time! Plot? Missing in action. Point of the story? Beats me! Since when does sensory overload overshadow story telling?

Contrast this poor effort with the magnificent Beauty and the Beast. At the end of both films I was shaking my head, once from ear-ringing sensory overload, and once in profound amazement.
½ December 24, 2017
Tim Burton at his finest. This movie is visually stunning, and Danny Elfman aces the music.
½ December 24, 2017
visually amazing but the story is rather boring and just doesnt add anything new to whats already been told in many films before
December 24, 2017
Amazing, unique movie from Tim Burton. Different from nowday CGs, but really great.
½ December 23, 2017
If I could give it zero stars, I would. An awful movie full of disturbing images. Typical Tim Burton schlock. He is so predictable. Nothing new here. Nothing to see here.
½ December 19, 2017
Puntaje Original: 6.5

La creatividad de Tim Burton es increíble. The Nightmare Before Christmas es muestra de ello, que entretiene a los más pequeños en nochebuena, pero no logra conectar del todo con la audiencia adulta.
December 18, 2017
One of my favorite movies to watch during both Halloween and Christmas ever year. It has amazing visual effect and great music. It is one of my favorite animated films and stop-motion movies as well as one of my favorite movies of all time.