Nightmare Cinema Reviews

• Feb 09, 2021

‘Nightmare Cinema' Attempts to Revive ‘Masters of Horror' With Mixed Results

‘Nightmare Cinema' Attempts to Revive ‘Masters of Horror' With Mixed Results

• Jan 02, 2021

Suffering from a bad case of diminishing returns, what starts out good and interesting quickly becomes a slog. The cinema aspect is utterly pointless, only serving as a way of shoehorning in Mickey Rourke into the movie. I'm getting sick of these Shudder movies making 'horror short collections' into full naratives instead of just making them episodic miniseries' like they should be. Some good acting and generally good camera work and effects, but it couldn't stop the boredom starting to set in by the 4th story.

• Sep 09, 2020

As a fan of horror anthropology movies this movie was Okaaay. Alot of the stories had great potential until they got to the predictable fight scenes which came off like it switched to a comedy more than horror. It was on my TV so I watched it.

• Aug 28, 2020

Five strangers watch their deepest and darkest fears play out before them in an abandoned theater as the Projectionist preys upon their souls with his collection of disturbing films. With a run time of 1h 59m Nightmare Cinema reminds me a lot of the tales from the crypt series with its comedic horror value's but at times it also offers a more serious psychological horror experience. All and all I really enjoyed all the film had to offer 5/5 skulls

• Aug 27, 2020

Mick Garrisʼs passion project anthology, 'Nightmare Cinema', gives five different directors a chance to show their chops, and each one of them gets to shine. It may not always feel consistent or reach the heights of its inspirations, but it hits more than it misses and generally entertains.

• May 29, 2020

Decent time waster if you need 5 episodes of Tales From the Crypt back to back.

Decent time waster if you need 5 episodes of Tales From the Crypt back to back.

• May 25, 2020

It look like 4 or 5 Short Film Tried to Combined together but i think it wasn't work

• Jan 18, 2020

It’s downhill after the first two stories imo, with maybe a slight uptick with the last.

• Jan 04, 2020

not bad; like all anthologies there's some stories better than others, but there's more than 3 in this one & they're probably diverse enough you're bound to like at least one of them.

• Dec 29, 2019

A pesar de que algún corto está gracioso, y hasta otros parecen tener ciertas intencionalidades artísticas, lo cierto es que esta antología se me antojado un poco….coñazo. Me he aburrido mucho. Y el wrapper es sosísimo, sin sentido, y un poco demasiado meta - narcisista...Meh?