A Nightmare on Elm Street - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

A Nightmare on Elm Street Reviews

July 25, 2016
I saw this movie at midnight when me and my partner are in bed,
You can tell than Rooney Mara Didn't wanna act in this movie.
But It wasn't as bad as i thought it would be, Still Boring and Awful but that's because of michael bay and for all that acting!

Score: 3.5/10
½ July 21, 2016
Replacing the witty humor the iconic villain Freddy Krugier used in the original is the unfunny, overly seductive, and intense version. For some reason its storyline is just not right and its cast and crew did a very poor job on this potentially cool film. There is no depth or consistent storytelling in this adaptation which brings the film to a infamous name as one of the worst reboots ever. It gets one and a half for special effects those were pretty good for such a butchered film.
½ July 18, 2016
This was never going to be as good as the originals, Or so I thought, The film tried its best by giving the story a few twists along the way and I thought Freddy looked more realistic and scarier but it was always the horror that would let it down, As we know what's going to happen and when, But as far as remakes go it's one of the better ones.
July 18, 2016
Another classic character Michael Bay is involved in, this film is basically just copying the original just with a different Freddy played not to bad from Jackie-Earl Haley there are some parts where he comes off as not very menacing, only entertaining part for me was the Nightmare sequences, the dialogue and script is pretty boring
½ July 18, 2016
I thought this was a very solid remake. I'd put this remake up there with The Texas Chainsaw Massacare remake. It explains a lot the original didn't while still having that Freddy Krueger flare.
July 15, 2016
The most insulting remake of them all! The second worst horror film ever made and it literally made me want to vomit.
July 14, 2016
this movie blows ass! but im assuming anyone who has seen it would know that. there are so many things wrong with it that it would take far to long to mention them. so ill be brief. freddy looked like a burnt sock puppet gasping for air, the script was neither original nor interesting, the film is long drawn out to an abysmal conclusion that was way to obvious.
credit goes to Thomas Dekker for being the only believable character who expressed believable emotion.
if you want a scary movie thats truely satisfying, watch the original. there is no immitation for Robert Englund.
July 13, 2016
Vraiment moyen, a regarder vraiment si t'a rien d'autre voir.
July 11, 2016
Not as bad as the friday the 13th remake but still no where near as good as Wes Craven's classic. It has an interesting concept but fails so bad at making it work. The only good think about the film was Jackie Earle Haley as Freddy. At least this film was scarier then some of the Freddy sequels.
July 9, 2016
The remake of A Nightmare on Elm Street does feature a very good casting choice for Freddy and he is certainly the best thing in this movie. Although they did mess up Freddy's look. It is bogged down by having no new creative ideas and failing to deliver the creativity of the original. Even though Freddy is good in this film, all other elements fail to live up to the original. Another pointless remake.
½ July 6, 2016
After growing up as a kid and spent half of my life watching classical horror flicks, I have always wanted to see a sequel. I only discovered remakes at the age of 9. But as a child, I loved The Nightmare On Elm Street franchise, still do. My most favorite is the 3rd installment. But when I saw this movie I didn't think it would add up to the categories in the franchise, but to an extent, the dialogue was good and did have some good slick around the corner stuff.
June 24, 2016
Pathetic and often boring remake of a classic. Freddy's makeup and lines were weak. CGI was over used. Didn't connect to characters at all. There is only one Robert Englund!
April 11, 2016
Jackie Earle Haley brings the nightmare-invading antagonist back to his darker, less comical traits to deliver a remarkably terrifying remake of the great original, although this Nightmare on Elm Street makes the perplexing decision to abandon its intelligent twist, and loses much of its inventive flair as a result.
April 6, 2016
I found the remake entertaining. Jackie Earl Haley's version of Freddy was different from the original obviously but interesting with his own style. I was impressed with Rooney Mara and Kyle Gallner's roles. A very well done remake.
March 24, 2016
This remake is what happens when you let people who suck at making movies remake the movie they've been unsuccessfully trying to rip off for their entire career.

Jackie Earle Haley was great, but his Freddy makeup looked dumb and the whole movie sucked, sucked , sucked. And I don't need Freddy Krueger to be a sympathetic character, even for a minute. Screw you guys.

BORING. the plot was damn horrible, they managed to take a fairly straightforward story and overcomplicate it.

The CG redo of the scene where Freddy pushed through the wall was a joke. Overkill on the CG made it look stupid.

Hated this movie.

Sorry Jackie, even you couldn't save this mess despite being the only watchable thing in it.
March 22, 2016
Believe it or not, Samuel Bayer's stylish take on A Nightmare on Elm Street is almost really good. It emerges among the best of the modern horror remakes, but a few of its more frustrating flaws hold it back from being the movie it should have been.
½ March 18, 2016
I liked it. Good retelling compared to Friday the thirteenth.
½ February 13, 2016
Still the absolute worst remake I've ever seen.
February 13, 2016
I quite honestly loved this movie. Huge NOES fan since I was a kid and could not wait to see it rebooted. They nailed it.
February 9, 2016
The movie was incredible tense and scary. Jackie Earle Haley did an awesome job playing Freddy Krueger. The young supporting cast also did a very good job