A Nightmare on Elm Street - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

A Nightmare on Elm Street Reviews

½ May 18, 2017
loved it .watched it repeatedly ..this Freddy is the sexiest
April 27, 2017
In this movie, it was realistic and full of drama. The first scene started at a restaurant. Dean has been having nightmares when he fell asleep. That is when Freddy showed up out of nowhere and attack him. He kept repeating "You're not real" to Freddy in his dreams and in real life. Kris sees him holding a knife in his hand like he was trying to kill himself. In reality, it was Freddy who killed him. The actor's tone who was playing Freddy Krueger was demanding and serious. Freddy was getting revenge on the teen's parents for burning him alive in a warehouse by killing their kids in their dreams. Krueger seems innocent in the flashback but he's not. The movie has more action in it. I like this movie better than the other ones because it was realistic, it's full of drama, and has more action in it. The action of this movie makes you scared of Freddy Krueger when he appears right behind you. It makes me want to jump out of fright. He really scares people when he killed Nancy's mom through her eyes through the window. It was really terrifying! This is for people who likes horror movies.
½ April 8, 2017
Pathetic and often boring remake of a classic. Freddy's makeup and lines were weak. CGI was over used. Didn't connect to characters at all. There is only one Robert Englund!
March 26, 2017
This movie was kind of great Wes craven's New Nightmare I kind of liked better But this was still okay Good job New Freddy HAVE A COOKIE!
March 17, 2017
Jackie Earle Haley's sinister performance brings the nightmare-inducing monster back to his darker, less comical roots that made the original so scary, but this Nightmare on Elm Street remake makes the perplexing decision to abandon a thought-provoking twist, and loses much of its innovative flair as a result.
March 12, 2017
The dark tone provides an interesting backdrop for this new take on Freddy Krueger, but the narrative itself fails to deliver on almost every level.
March 5, 2017
First of all, who was the fucking dipshit that said this movie was terrible? Where did you fucking get your "movie critic" degree from?

Jackie Earl Haley's performance as Freddy Krueger was phenomenal. He finally brought back the angry and scary Freddy Krueger that had been missing for decades. Robert Englund's Freddy ended up being a fucking laughable clown. Even when Wes Craven wanted to "fix him" in his "New Nightmare" he still came out hilarious. That scene where he tried to eat Heather Langenkamp's boy with the long tongue...Please...

The not-really-a-twist of Freddy being a child molester (something that Wes Craven and company actually thought of, but didn't have the balls to do back in the day) was also fucking awesome. The kids being totally oblivious of what happened to them and Freddy coming back to remind THEM little by little whilst torturing them, BRILLIANT! The fact that we see Freddy alive and being killed by the angry parents is a plus that we never actually had in the originals. At least not in detail. All the back story was necessary!

The nightmare sequences are great. The kills are great. The whole atmosphere is great. The nitpicking on the CG is really getting old. Get over it, assholes. The only thing I can agree upon is that the not-so-teens are very bland and boring. Heather Langenkamp was an unforgettable Nancy. Rooney Mara is just blah and so are the rest of the "kids". Really, their combined performances take at least two stars away from this movie. But they fade into the background into what is, really, an awesome goddamn remake. That's the word. RE-FUCKING-MAKE! Why did the "critics" say that they were too many scenes similar to the original? THAT'S WHAT A FUCKING REMAKE IS, YOU DUMB PIECES OF SHIT!

Overall, this movie deserves a chance. For those who hated it, watch it again after reading this. I give it 3 out of 5 stars. The dumb youngins take away two solid stars.

Rotten Tomatoes bitches, you can rot in hell and let Freddy torture you there for all eternity
March 2, 2017
I know you watched it in 2010 with expectations and right away said ''this is just a copy, its not as good''. Of course it is and of course its not, how could it be? But rewatch it without the automatic comparison. Forget that you know by heart the 8 previous movies. Watch THIS movie for itself. Of course there are a few reproductions of some of the most iconic shots (the body bag in the hallway, the glove in the bath, liquid ground) but it's also a good remake. It has good directing, good acting, good suspense. Sure the characters are not as perfectly well drawn as in the originals; in the slasher genre, the Elm series was unique in this regard. I also kind of loathe the idea of playing with Freddy's innocence as a child molester as Freddy needs to be also evil as a living person but they fixed this toward the end (although he was a child killer in the original and this should have been kept.) It has it's own thing going, building on the mythology, using the good bits to maximised effect (like the café, and Nancy being the waitress like Alice was). The build up is strong, the pace is consistant and the tension is as real as it was 30 years ago. I believe Freddy Krueger is the single scariest concept ever devised in the history of horror stories and this is still him, remake or not, with or without Englund, old Nancy or new.
January 27, 2017
January 2011
January 2017
January 24, 2017
Loved it Great 4 a remake!!!!
January 15, 2017
0 stars. This sucked
January 14, 2017
I don't understand why people hate this movie. It's directed well and it was scary. They took Freddy and made him dark and joking all at once. The actors were on point in everything they did. Plus the way Freddy looked was incredible. I even loved how they took Freddy's background and put it into a dream sequence. The only real problem that I have with the movie is that they were all in the same class when they were little kids and none of them remembered that. Other than that the movie was great and I personally loved watching it.
½ January 8, 2017
Sweet Dreams humanity, Freddy's coming to town...AGAIN!!!!...just this time without them charm.
½ January 7, 2017
What the hell Michael Bay!? This remake is so disappointing.
January 2, 2017
Why on earth you would pick someone other than Robert Englund to play Freddie I have no idea, but the fact this actor's Freddie barely changes expression?! I wanted to burn him alive whilst watching... Irony. Good cast otherwise, although they had a tendency to overact. Some new effects were welcome but overall it was pretty dull. Bring back Robert!
½ December 28, 2016
Bad remake but not as bad as people think.
December 15, 2016
Not has good as the original
November 9, 2016
This Nightmare on Elm Street remake sucks all the life and fun from the Wes Craven original.
½ November 1, 2016
Quite frankly the worst remake of anything I've ever seen in my life.
October 31, 2016
It kept my interest the whole time, but when it ended I felt it was missing something. Like the story lacked a little bit. I didn't mind this movie but I liked the story to the original better.