A Nightmare on Elm Street 3 - Dream Warriors - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

A Nightmare on Elm Street 3 - Dream Warriors Reviews

½ November 5, 2016
Nesse filme a melhoria foi evidente e a criatividade aumentou MAS...
continuou sendo MUITO inferior ao primeiro por o primeiro implementar uma ideia nova.
Nesse alguns conceitos interessantes entraram, mas coisas sem sentido também, como a volta da Nancy (SPOILER) já que no final do primeiro teria dado a entender que ela e seus amigos tivessem morrido.
Não foi tão bom nem tão ruim.
Melhorou em comparação ao segundo mas continua abaixo do primeiro.
October 28, 2016
31 Days of Horror 2016 #13
½ October 20, 2016
good and corny looks dated now but still good fun.
½ October 19, 2016
A weird, wild and superior 80's horror flick, possibly as good as the first in many ways, filled with astonishing visual effects and an insane, vibrant sense of imagination, this plays out as much a vivid dark fantasy movie as a scary horror. This time around the last surviving group of Elm Street teens have all ended up in a psychiatric hospital and with the help of the first films final girl Nancy (Heather Langenkamp, bringing the same warmth and likability to her returning role as possibly the all time great final girl in horror....sorry Laurie Strode) they team up and use their dream powers against Freddy (Robert Englund's definitive portrayal of the character, much like Jason in Friday part 4, this feels like the fully realized version of the character that we all came to know and fear) the set pieces are legitimately amazing, the story is great, the characters and performances strong, especially a debuting Patricia Arquette, who is terrific here. The more i watch this pure pleasure of a horror film very year around Halloween, the more i think it may well be more than just a really damn good scary movie, it is possibly a masterpiece of the genre, and a perfect representation of the boundless creative madness of 80's horror. And freddy rules.
½ October 16, 2016
Nancy is back in this one and she will help some teenagers stop Freddy who has been tormenting them in their dreams. The characters work well together and the movie has some really cool effects for its time. There is no dull moment in this one...even the ending has a surprise (I won't spoil it). I would rate it 7/10 OR 3.5/5
½ September 23, 2016
"A Nightmare on Elm Street 3: Dream Warriors" saw the return of Wes Craven to the series to pen a draft of the script and was directed by Chuck Russell. This film also debut'd Patricia Arquette and stared a plethora of other young actors and I gotta say guys, this is a pretty kick-ass film to come out of the franchise. First off the movie takes place in a mental hospital with a handful of kids seemingly being tormented by the same "man" in their dreams. So "Dream Warriors" picks up 6 years after the events of the first film if I am not mistaken and by golly does this film feel like more of sequel to the first film than the second movie. You really get a sense of closure with the return of Heather Langenkamp as Nancy as you find out exactly what happened to her friends and ends up proving that the ending to the first film was really a cop out. Anyways this film has a really interesting premise for the fact Patricia Arquette's character s able to pull others into her dreams and that the other kids each have their own unique "dream power" which makes for some really interesting interactions between Freddy and the kids. Now this movie isn't all good as it suffers from its fare share of problems, it is a tad too goofy at times (similar to "Freddy's Revenge" but not as bad). I do have to commend the film though for taking a risk with this sequel and actually trying to expand upon the story. It has a good reason for why Freddy is after these teens, it also explores the story behind Freddy, what is he, where did he come from, etc. I found that pretty intriguing about the film and though later sequels would only focus on the lore of Freddy and really bog down the film, I feel this adds some spice to the movie and really it all makes sense, which is a pretty big feet for a horror sequel. Not too many of them are as clear as this film was. If you go into this with reasonable expectations I'm sure you'll come out pretty satisfied as "Dream Warriors" is an entertaining film. Everyone is able to pick out their favourite teen from the bunch and seeing their dream character/ power being used in a dream is pretty neat, this was also the start of entertaining Freddy kills, I mean this film has it all for a horror sequel so I really do have to recommend this film to those you were a fan of the first, and with that being said "A Nightmare on Elm Street 3: Dream Warriors" gets a 7/10.
September 19, 2016
Nightmare on Elm Street 3, A: Dream Warriors (1987) C-96m. [3 stars] D: Chuck Russell. Heather Langenkamp, Patricia Arquette, Larry Lishburne. Engaging horror film about a group of frightened teens in psychiatric hospital who are visited by Freddy Krueger and are helped by Nancy (Langenkamp), the survivor of the first film, and doctor to enter dream and battle Freddy. Entertaining characters, sharp plotting, and startling special effects dominate this imaginative horror entry, the best of the Elm Street films.
½ September 7, 2016
A well done addition to the series, one of the best sequels in the series despite the series beginning to evolve into a farce.
August 15, 2016
The best Nightmare movie next to the original. Dream Warriors felt like a true sequel that had some of the most innovative and shocking death scenes in the franchise. If you have not seen Nightmare 2: Freddy's Revenge I would highly advise to skip it and watch this movie. The major problem I had with this movie was the underwhelming ending.
July 18, 2016
I do like many things about this movie, for example I love the idea of people fighting back Freddy in the dream world, since in previous films it was impossible. The only thing I don't like is the title "Dream Warriors". It sounds like some fantasy princess movie
July 18, 2016
This is probably my favorite entry in the series. "Dream Warriors" thankfully rebounds from the ridiculous "Freddy's Revenge", and actually advances the concepts presented in the original. The most notable creative progressions are the dream sequences. The imagery involved is disturbing, and instead of just random slashing, Freddy tortures the innocent using the victim's hopes and fears. Freddy was still meant to be scary in this movie, so his warped sense of humor works nicely. This is the sequel that was most imitated in the watered down movies to follow. It's a movie from the 80's so it is corny in parts, but it is a very good horror movie. Highest possible recommendation.
July 13, 2016
It's been said hundreds of times. "Dream Warriors" is one of the greatest horror sequels ever made.
½ July 11, 2016
Nightmare on elm street 3 is the ultimate sequel. This film is very clever and twisted and the special effects are mind blowing for an 80's film. The movie perfectly mixed comedy with horror so well that even though Freddy throughs some one liners he still is scary thanks to Robert Englund's superb acting skills!
½ July 9, 2016
Dream Warriors brings the Nightmare on Elm Street series back into form. It contains the creative dream sequences that made the first one great, and has likable characters unlike the second one. Freddy is funny in this film, but definitely is still scary at times. The ending is very satisfactory and I wasn't bored at all during this movie. There are some cheesy moments our main characters have in this film, but other than that it is a good horror film.
July 7, 2016
Dream Warriors brings the Nightmare on Elm Street series back into form. It contains the creative dream sequences that made the first one great, and has likeable characters unlike the second one. Freddy is funny in this film, but definitely is still scary at times. The ending is very satisfactory and I wasn't bored at all during this movie. There are some chessy moments our main characters have in this film, but other than that it is a good horror film.
July 3, 2016
This movie had several good things going for it. Emphasis on the dreams. The return of Nancy. Sadly the poor puppetry, special effects, and super goofball powered dreamers spoils the remainder of the film.
July 1, 2016
A much better follow up than the second film. Plus, it had a rocking theme song.
½ June 24, 2016
Really liked "Dream Warriors" and how they brought Nancy back. This movie was the turning point when Freddy went from classic horror character to a stand up comic villain.
½ May 14, 2016
A sequel with lots of brains behind the script.
jamrcla
May 10, 2016
A good third part after the second wasn't the sequel the first deserved but this one follows on from the first and cuts out number two completely, The story was yet again a good idea and a good way to carry on the series without it feeling repetitive, It was pretty well acted but it lacked scares and some bits were too silly, It's better than it sounds and worth a watch to anyone who enjoyed the first two.