Nightmare Sisters - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Nightmare Sisters Reviews

June 18, 2013
The original 1980's "Scream Queens" rejoin for the zany Horror Comedy, NIGHTMARE SISTERS! When three nerdy sorority sisters become possessed by a magic crystal, their dates are left to fend for themselves against the sex-starved seductresses! Here, Linnea Quigley, Brinke Stevens, and Michelle Bauer are given the chance to prove themselves more than ever. Not only are they asked to play out of type as the nerdy college girls, but they are set before the camera for exceedingly long bits of dialog, which they pull off splendidly. They are more enjoyable than ever in these goofy roles, hamming it up in the extreme. After getting zapped by the evil spirits within the crystal ball, however, they turn up the heat during a lengthy bathing scene while doing as little as possible to locate their missing articles of clothing throughout the rest of the film. David DeCoteau is well at home directing half-naked men running around in their underwear, and gives the film a signature quality that could only have come out of the 80s. NIGHTMARE SISTERS is a camp classic, and a must-see for fans of 80s cheese.

-Carl Manes
I Like Horror Movies
½ October 27, 2012
A trio of homely sorority sisters get instant makeovers and are transformed into clothing-shy vamps after a seance. Film is saved by some good laughs at the end with the exorcist including the homecoming play. 5 minute bath scene gets tiresome.
July 3, 2010
Nerdy girls turn into sexy playmates with help of demons. Crap.
February 18, 2010
Let's be honest this is a B-movie and there is nothing intelligent or intellectual about it. The Cinematography is abysmal; mainly Static camera shots are used. The plot and the dialogue of the film are laughable. The whole thing is an outrageous insult to the art of film making. But that just adds to the charm of this film. Seriously I knew what I was going to get before I even started to watch it. And what I expected was what I got. Scream Queen Legends Quigley, Bauer and Brinke (dressed as nerds) are possessed by a succubus and turned in to sex crazed vixens. What follows is shameless T&A, a very lengthy Scream Queen threesome bubble bath scene. Rubber puppets and an extravagant use of dry-ice. Films like this are a guilty pleasure for me. I highly recommend it to fellow Scream queen fans.
½ January 7, 2010
i loved this as a kid and i still love it to this day
½ December 7, 2009
October 12, 2008
The pinnacle of hilarity, Nightmare Sisters stands to be one of the true long-lost gems of the 80's! Directed by David DeCoteau (back in his heyday before he ventured into homoerotic horror), Nightmare Sisters is comprised of the 3 GREATEST Scream Queens of the 80's playing nerdy college girls, including Linnea Quigley (whose character I think is mentally retarded), Michelle Bauer (my ultimate crush playing a fat glutton), and Brinke Stevens (a nerd who collects junk). Turns out, Stevens brings home an evil Fortune-teller glass ball that possesses the 3 girls the night they invite their 3 equally nerdy guy friends over and turns them into the dreaded Succubus!!! After their transformation, the 3 nerdy women become very sexy (and VERY naked) for most of the movie. The three girls bathing each other in the bathtub for an extended period of time may be the greatest 10,15 minutes EVER! Anyways, the Succubi get their hands on some other dudes and kills them via swallowing the one true thing they need to survive....COCK. Yeah, this film is major lowbrow, but it manages to infuse a lot of 80's comedy fare into it like Revenge of the Nerds and Animal House to make it a very entertaining and retarded film all at once. If I could marry 80's Michelle Bauer, life would just be great!
iLeo
July 25, 2008
A childhood favorite!!
July 7, 2008
Oh the fun! This movie was shot in less than a week...and it shows, but this movie is just so much fun, even though it tends to drag in some spots.
January 2, 2008
The BEST movie of the 80s featuring our favorite scream queen trio. Very recommended for those seeking a good laugh and long shower scenes ;)
June 20, 2007
"Wanna play doctor?" Yeah, I almost did a spit-take, too.
September 29, 2006
A "B" movie if there ever was one... I met the guy in the crystal ball. Dukey Flyswatter. Played in a band called Haunted Garage for a while.