Nightstalker - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Nightstalker Reviews

½ October 8, 2011
I got through maybe 10 minutes of this movie. It made me feel really sick from the constant movement. I felt like I was watching a really bad music video.
July 15, 2011
I was really disapointed in this movie. It doesn't follow the real story of the nightstalker. I mean, what is the point if you are telling a story about a real person, but don't follow the real storyline. It's just silly to make a movie about a serial killer, but then tell a fictional story and call it the story of the nightstalker.
November 30, 2010
Potential movie viewers who are intrigued by the film's flashy cover will be horribly devastated to learn that the money they have spent either buying or renting this film had in part gone to those who created it. The movie is so atrociously painful both to watch and listen to if you attempt to leave the room before shutting it off, that it begs the question of how the approval was ever actually given to make it in the first place. Granted this was Chris Fisher's first big step into filmmaking, but as with diving into a pool, if you jump in head first you have to expect to get wet. This film was no exception. The plot was slow and painfully dragged out by the multiple (less than) suspenseful attempts at making it seem as though "The Nightstalker" was about to attack. Instead, you were left with heartbreak, staring at a epileptic, violent montage set to inaudible screamer metal. It really begs the question, "Who would want to watch a movie like this?" Surely those interested in the Nightstalker case, of course! Wrong. The movie all but avoids the major facts of the real Nightstalker case, and ( I use the term lightly) fans of the case will be appalled at the blatant ignorance to the title lends. Perhaps horror movie buffs or people looking for a scary movie come late October will find this film appealing? Sadly, while the movie is a intense mix of speeds, the dragging plot and vicious cut scenes do less to intensify the film, and much more to confuse the viewer. Not only does it leave the one watching it confused as to the purpose of this change of speed, but also as to the events that took place all together. The sole redeeming quality of the movie is that Bret Roberts, who plays Richard Ramirez, (The Nightstalker) does look significantly like the actual serial killer. Sans this look-a-like, even Danny Trejo's admirable performance cannot save this absolute abortion. The sheer memory of watching this film will haunt me for some time now, and I plead with those who remain on the outside, looking in- Stay where you are.
September 14, 2009
Stressing editing. Ok ok I'll say it: IT SUCKS!

September 4, 2009
Horrible low budget thriller, badly acted, amateur looking direction and some of the worst cinematography ever. The film has little structure and lacks atmosphere.
½ August 21, 2009
√?rsytt√§v√§sti kuvattu. Oli aika unettava, ja uni tulikin paria minuuttia ennen loppua.
½ January 27, 2009
Chilling case and all real.
September 29, 2008
I can't even tell you if this is any good or not and the reason is because I gave up on it after ten minutes and the other movie I can recall doing sucha thing with is The Reaping, and I intend to watch that again down the line. This however, shall never see the inside of my DVD player again. Whoever the director is, and I can't even be bothered to look to the lefta my screen to find out has obviously seen one too many MTV videos as I hadda headache after 5mins. Fast past cutting, all frenzy like with music blarring. Urgh! I'm gonna give a tip to all aspiriong directors and the directors who actually make these pieces of shit movies based on real life killings. HOW CAN YOU FUCK IT UP?!!! The story is already there, the characters are developed, how can you fuck it up? Just tell the fucking story, that's why I bought the DVD, to see the story on film. I don't need to be inside the killers head, just because he's mind might be going atta hundred million miles an hour doesn't mean that you have to try and show it. Keep it simple. Zodiac got it right, Henry got it right, Manson's movie didn't, Bundy's didn't, and this one didn't!
August 4, 2008
I watched this on fast forward. It was still crap.
May 28, 2008
Really weird. Pretty cool special effects but that's it. Could have been way better.
½ May 5, 2008
this movie sucked hardcore
March 9, 2008
It's like a exceedingly long death-metal video. if it had been an hour shorter it may have been bearable.
½ March 3, 2008
I don't think i've ever not wanted to watch a whole film before, but this just was awful... I saw about 10mins and switched it off, the camera was crap and it didn't make any sense...
March 3, 2008
The crappest, wierdest, low budget, fucked up film I have ever seen.... don't watch it, it's a waste of time.
December 28, 2007
Sick film but really good. Im also writing to the guy in prison at the moment. I got a reply off him last week.
How cool is that
December 28, 2007
Ramirez would turn in hell if he saw this could be a lot better
½ December 22, 2007
Bears little to no resemblance to the real Night Stalker case.
November 28, 2007
this might actually be interesting
November 13, 2007
Supposedly based on the true story about the serial killer Richard Ramirez. In the tradition of all the other low budget serial killer movies (Dahmer, Bundy, Ed Gein etc.) this one sucked piles.
Bad acting, booooring story(could have been good) and extremely annoying camera work. Also, some scenes the camera just follows the victim for 5 to 10 minutes walking around looking for the noise they heard in the house......sigh. Avoid. Save your money.
½ November 10, 2007
two and a half stars for cinematography.