Nine Inch Nails: Broken (The Broken Movie) - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Nine Inch Nails: Broken (The Broken Movie) Reviews

September 18, 2014
Definitely not for the squeamish, and/or, for the weak of heart, Broken is a sick, gory, disgusting, visual masterpiece. The effects are excellent in this short film, and the music is just fantastic. Hardcore fan's of Nine Inch Nails should definitely check this out, but only, if you can handle gore. And nudity. There are some scenes in this film that might even make the biggest gore junkies cringe.
May 17, 2013
Graphic and disturbing, but if you're a fan of Nine Inch Nails like me, you can't turn your head away.
March 1, 2013
It's freaking epic! Also extremely graphic as well.
February 6, 2013
Violent weird snuff shit+NIN=WIN
½ September 22, 2012
Absolutely terrifying, in the most disturbing way. But well done. Would not recommend to emotional children.
½ July 30, 2012
Based off their EP, "Broken" shows the songs by NIN in graphic, yet can't-look-away details that I find artistic to a degree. Favorite tracks include "Wish", "Pinion", "Help Me I Am In Hell", & the banned "Happiness in Slavery". Long Live NIN!!!
April 19, 2012
This is NOT for the squeamish, but if you can stomach it it's one of the best music video compilations you'll ever see.
June 22, 2011
The most disturbing thing I have ever seen, but I was compelled to watch it, more than anything else. Whether you like this movie or not is a matter of personal taste.
May 23, 2011
As much as one may love Nine Inch Nails, there is simply no benefit in seeing something as presumably artless and tasteless as this. Simply through research, what would appear to be a sick, joyless film-- as if Reznor was not depressed enough.
October 19, 2010
Life changing short raw fun film, grow a pair and watch it.
August 14, 2010
Aside from its initial release in California, Broken has never been made available to the public in an official form--it was quickly removed from shelves because it looked too much like a snuff film. And, indeed, it does--it is a brutal and disturbing piece of cinema and a brilliant fusion of film and music that few artists would ever attempt. To explain, The Broken Movie is a film that was made to accompany NIN's Broken EP (their second major release). Broken consists of a frame story about a man who has been kidnapped by a maniac and is torture while being forced to watch NIN videos. The film features videos for each of the first five songs on the EP (Pinion, Wish, Last, Help Me I am in Hell, and Happiness in Slavery). Of the videos only Wish was ever released to MTV. Probably the most memorable of the videos is Happiness in Slavery which features a man strapped to a device that is slowly dismembered and ground into meat to feed flowers. Reznor makes sure to graphically and unflinchingly depict the man's castration. Yet it is none of these videos that has kept the film from being released, for all five of them are available on Closure. Instead, it is the frame story and the film's final scene which is set to the last song on the EP (except for the two secret songs, an original song entitled Suck and a cover of Soft Cell's Memorabilia). Set to the EP's final song, Gave Up, the final scene depicts the ultimate torture and murder of the kidnapped man in the frame story. Gritty and brutally depicted for the entire length of the song, it is this disturbing video for Gave Up that ultimately kept the film from ever reaches fans' hands through official channels. But for those who love NIN and appreciate Reznor's older, more experimental period, The Broken Movie will no doubt be a treat, if such a word can be applied to such a gory, disgusting, and brilliant little film.
April 24, 2010
Violent weird snuff shit+NIN=WIN
½ September 27, 2009
Nine Inch Nails is the reason that the bathroom fan was invented.
August 17, 2009
Aside from its initial release in California, Broken has never been made available to the public in an official form--it was quickly removed from shelves because it looked too much like a snuff film. And, indeed, it does--it is a brutal and disturbing piece of cinema and a brilliant fusion of film and music that few artists would ever attempt. To explain, The Broken Movie is a film that was made to accompany NIN's Broken EP (their second major release). Broken consists of a frame story about a man who has been kidnapped by a maniac and is torture while being forced to watch NIN videos. The film features videos for each of the first five songs on the EP (Pinion, Wish, Last, Help Me I am in Hell, and Happiness in Slavery). Of the videos only Wish was ever released to MTV. Probably the most memorable of the videos is Happiness in Slavery which features a man strapped to a device that is slowly dismembered and ground into meat to feed flowers. Reznor makes sure to graphically and unflinchingly depict the man's castration. Yet it is none of these videos that has kept the film from being released, for all five of them are available on Closure. Instead, it is the frame story and the film's final scene which is set to the last song on the EP (except for the two seccret songs, an original song entitled Suck and a cover of Soft Cell's Memorabilia). Set to the EP's final song, Gave Up, the final scene depicts the ultimate torture and murder of the kidnapped man in the frame story. Gritty and brutally depicted for the entire length of the song, it is this disturbing video for Gave Up that ultimately kept the film from ever reaches fans' hands through offical channels. But for those who love NIN and appreciate Reznor's older, more experimental period, The Broken Movie will no doubt be a treat, if such a word can be applied to such a gory, disgusting, and brilliant little film.
June 7, 2009
This has a remnant of A Clock Work Orange....but better.
May 28, 2009
Now this is what I call a music video! A big 'fuck you' to the music corporatocracy in the form of a short film intended to look like a snuff movie. Due to the poor quality of the camera you couldn't quite tell if it was real or not, but I didn't find it particularly hard to watch. It has a mincing/pleasure machine, a guy being drowned in toilet water and corpse humping, which is just a small sample of the messed up stuff that happens. But if you like Nine Inch Nails and have a strong stomach this is a must-see.
May 13, 2009
I am the hugest NIN fan out there! Trent Reznor is a genuis everything thing he has ever made is a master piece including BROKEN. This film is very sickest and twisted and most disturbing thing i have ever seen and i loved it! this is one of my favorite albums every song is Epic Tracks include: Pinion, Wish, Help me I'm in Hell, Happiness in Slavery and Gave up, he leaves out wicked tracks like Last and Suck but thats ok the film still holds up stronge with out them. I really wish he would release Broken and Closure on DVD and Blu Ray he said he was there even is a teaser trailor for it but it never came out :(
May 9, 2009
I am a massive NIN fan, so perhaps this is a bit biased. I try not to be, This is in the ranks of Visitor Q and Ichi The Killer for me, more so the former. And like Visitor Q it shocks and pushes the boundraies and crosses the lines more so than any thing like SAW. So for what it's supposed to achieve, I say it works brilliantly. Kinda of can't listen to the Broken EP the same way anymore >:)
January 7, 2009
I'm not going to rate this movie because it would be way too biased (I would have to give it 5 stars on principal). But... I always used to say that movies like Saw and Hostel didn't show enough. Well after watching this, I'm not going to say that anymore. This movie was way disturbing.... ew!
December 18, 2008
b b bro'Ken

" get down! get down!"

"...doesn't It maKe you feel better?"