Ninja Scroll - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Ninja Scroll Reviews

May 9, 2014
hands down, the best anime movie of all times. 1 of my top 5 faves.
April 2, 2014
Great artwork! Great action!
March 10, 2014
Exceptional anime with great action & story. Is an anime all other samurai anime are compared to. Worth owning.
½ January 26, 2014
Depraved, violent, awesome. Rewatching it made me realize how unique and well-developed the characters were, esp. the villains. Quite touching in a cheesy way too.
January 22, 2014
Violent, yes! Entertaining, yes! Completely awesome, YES!
December 28, 2013
A superb highlight of anime cinema, though not quite matching up to the milestone works of Otomo or Miyazaki.
December 27, 2013
Awesome action. One of the first Anime I ever saw and pretty much just endless bloodshed.
December 27, 2013
hands down,, CULT CLASSIC!¡¡!
½ November 15, 2013
4.5/5 One of my first and definitely one of the best anime movies ever made...still. Action, mystery, romance, fantasy, tragedy, all rolled into one.
November 11, 2013
Ninja Scroll is a great way to be interested in Anime.
October 26, 2013
"The only sound you'll hear, is the sound of your own voice screaming." Saw this one on a whim, just cuz a few people have recommended it, and since I have a positive bias towards the samurai stuff. Was very pleased to see that it was entertaining as hell and actually full of heart and soul. It is extremely gruesome, so, umm, don't eat a big meal beforehand. Hard to believe this is already 20 years old. Felt like a precursor to all those 'demons and dark magic' anime, but maybe I just haven't seen enough of those to tell. Yeah, twas great fun.
October 21, 2013
1 of the best, a must see
September 28, 2013
this anime has so much sentimental value to me as is was the first anime I had ever seen. I bought it on VHS back in 1994 and was blown away. I get Shonen Jump alpha every week. I love Japanese manga and anime. get the Viz media app from the play store, if you're a manga fan you won't be disappointed.
August 18, 2013
Animated sword-slashing violence never looked so good
August 11, 2013
Better than a lot Ghibli
August 7, 2013
Ninja Scroll is a very old anime, and you can tell by the visuals that this is the case. However, I found this anime to have stood the test of time quite well. I prefer newer animation styles by a land slide but I didn't mind watching this, the only problem was the chins. Seriously, the chins take up half the characters faces, maybe it's just me but this really irritated me, it's worst on the lead female of the film. She has some sex appeal and there are 1 or 2 situations where that is definitely exploited but that chin really put me off... chins aside some of the background art is beautiful and the gore is really over the top and it's great. It has a solid storyline however the ending feels like it happened too early. Picture yourself playing a game and the map shows that you're half way to the end and then the boss suddenly appears and shortly after the credits roll. That's what the ending feels like. None the less the story line was good, the enemies were good and the voice acting was alright. The characters weren't exactly memorable however they weren't weak. I would recommend this film to anyone who is bored and looking for a gory action anime.
July 30, 2013
Ninja Scroll can be watched again and again. I loved it so much. I saw it when I was a kid, about 20 years ago. It was awesome then, and it's awesome now. There's never a dull moment.
July 28, 2013
This is Mad House best film to date and one of the best animated films there is. The samurai action is mind-blowing and the story is not bad either. There's no animation yet that can topple this classic.
July 26, 2013
An unrelenting and brutal classic cinematic masterpiece of anime whose echoes resound throughout the history of the medium. Violent, dramatic, and powerful, this one is not easily forgotten. Any western viewer should find this one easily accessible even if they are not fond of anime but love sword & sorcery or action.
July 2, 2013
Clsico donde los haya, no hay un minuto de desperdicio en el metraje.