Ninja: Shadow of a Tear Reviews

• Jun 02, 2020

Scott Adkins fight scenes are always a marvel to watch! Netflix listed cast is just plain wrong doesn't even show Scott Adkins or Kane Kosugi.

• Apr 22, 2020

The story, actor, choreography, locations everything was just perfect in this movie. I've seen it about 7 times now and every I've shown to, they absolutely loved this movie. Pure class action and this actor is a beast!

• Feb 18, 2019

One of the all time best fight choreographs I've seen. Very rare that you could see fight scenes like this nowadays.

• Jun 12, 2018

One of the best ninja movie. Good story. Full of action if you are looking for action.

• Jun 07, 2018

I'm a huge Scott adkins Fan but I am always willing to admit when he misses. This is not one of those movies. This is one of my favorite Scott Adkins films. The narrative may not be the best at times and maybe the performances aren't oscar worthy, but we came for the action and martial arts. This is some of the best we're going to get. Adkins is always at his best when doing action and Isaac Florentine is one of the best low budget action directors working today.

• Jan 16, 2017

Pretty corny but watchable, especially for a Netflix streamer.

Pretty corny but watchable, especially for a Netflix streamer.

• Aug 23, 2016

Good old martial arts action.

Good old martial arts action.

• Apr 06, 2016

Good story line and well acted. The hero has several setbacks and is not portrayed as the all-powerful fighting machine as happens in many of these types of movies. If you are looking for a good action flick with a good story and a less than perfect hero this one is worth a watch.

• Mar 28, 2016

It's not shot on video, but I think this might be badly edited episodes of a TV series. I see a couple of familiar Shaw Bros. faces (don't recognize the names in the credits), and the fight choreography seems reminiscent of Shaw production. Worth watching even though it's mostly crap. Well worth the buck for this and Ninja Death III.

• Mar 28, 2016

A young martial artist-in-training named Tiger (Lou) is being stalked by Evil Ninja. After his master and adopted father is defeated by Ninjas, almost killed, and then commits suicide by punching himself in the head for God-only-knows-what-reason as he hadn't finished telling telling everything he needed to know about his past, the deadly Masked Ninja, and why the Grand Master's Evil Ninja Cult that's out to kill him, Tiger continues to study the Art of the Ninja under new masters, including a pair of double-agents among the Grand Master's own ranks. But will he survive when he chooses to confront the Grand Master before his training is complete? "Ninja Death II" is the middle part of a looong Chinese martial arts film that was divided into three seperate movies for export, and it feels like the middle of a long movie. Very little actually happens in the "film" and about 20 minutes are actually repeated footage from "Ninja Death I". (Oddly, these flashbacks don't do a whole lot to explain who the various players in the movie's plot are, so they're included more for padding than to catch up those who haven't seen the first installment in this trilogy.) "Ninja Death II" also repeats the credit-less opening and closing sequences that were featured on the first film, but the voice actors (which suddenly became British halfway through "Ninja Death I") are back to being American. As a result, our hero, Tiger, is back to sounding like a doofus instead of a Gay Pride icon. In this installment of the series, we are treated to boring, overlong sequences with Tiger trying to master the fighting style of Ninjas (which, in this film's conception is the "royal style" of Japan's nobility), we learn a few secrets about Tiger's history, and we have Tiger rape yet another girl while sleeping. (His first somnambu-rape was of a ninja call-girl in "Ninja Death I". Here, he forces himself upon an innocent peasant girl while dreaming about his [i]first[/i] victim. And, just like the ninja call-girl, the peasant woman seems to fall in love with Tiger after being raped. Those wacky Chinese....) The only interesting plot developments occur when the Grand Master--who's the only Oriental villain with worse fashion sense than Fu Manchu--discovers the traitors in his ranks and sends his Ninja after them, and the Masked Ninja escapes and ends up on a fatal collision course with Tiger, who, unbeknownst to him, is the son of the Masked Ninja. As for the fight scenes and Ninja Death Action that made "Ninja Death I" entertaining, we don't even get much of that here. With the exception of a fight where the Grand Master shows that he has big balls (in both senses of that), everything else in "Ninja Death II" is subplot material, filler material, and tasteless somnambu-rape scenes. Speaking of rape.... For some reason, the filmmakers used James Bond theme music in both scenes involved forced sexual encounters. The first scene was in a Japanese household where the theme from "You Only Live Twice" is heard as a drunkard rapes the adopted mother of three boys as they watch. Then, we hear the theme from "Man With the Golden Gun" as Tiger rapes the peasant girl. And it's not downbeat or suspense-oriented versions of the tunes either... it's quiet, romantic renditions. Nothing says romance like somnambu-rape!) Ninja Death II Starring: Alexander Lou and Fei Meng Director: Someone whose name was left off the credits