Nirvana Live! Tonight! Sold Out!! - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Nirvana Live! Tonight! Sold Out!! Reviews

½ December 15, 2014
Revisited my youth a bit with this one, holds up amazingly well and sorta made me miss the good old days of MTV being an actual music-related channel instead of the bullshit you get nowadays.

Recommended.
½ July 10, 2013
awesome concert dvd. if your a fan of nirvana, grunge, the 90s and rock in general, you should really see this.
March 6, 2013
Having my midlife crisis.
January 5, 2013
i really forward to this and it just sucked, the cameras were terrible and it was just plain boring
½ November 19, 2012
Terrific rock documentary.
April 12, 2012
I've crawled into a time machine, enjoying this on VHS
½ April 1, 2012
a nice snapshot of a certain time in rock music. definitely worth more than the 49 cents I scored this for.
November 23, 2011
Nirvana again! I love these guys!
February 19, 2011
I have been watching Nirvana live performances the whole afternoon and it made me feel like I was twelve years old again. It wouldn't have surprised me to spy my younger self as I looked into the mirror. It would have felt right to have blue colored hair again, to wear a torn jeans, chucks and one of my father's check shirts. To burn joss stick's and to drink weird tea-creations.

This collection is funny, full of truth and makes my heart beat for Nirvana again. And the performance of "Smells Like Teen Spirit" on Top Of The Pops is amazing. So, if you want to go on a trip back to 1992, this is a wonderful way to do so.
October 12, 2010
highlight: Kirk cracks security on the head with his guitar and all hell breaks loose on that tiny little stage!!!
September 21, 2010
A good solid documentary style movie about one of the most popular bands ever formed. Tells a pretty good story, and if you are a fan of this band than you will definitely want to check this movie out.
September 3, 2010
Polémicas presentaciones y las clásicas salidas de libreto de Kurt Cobain. Un buen video sobretodo para introducirse en el mundo de la banda.
½ June 25, 2010
Pretty cool yeah. Not the greatest of footage in terms of quality but what we get is an honest and authentic look at the bands legacy. A must for all Nirvana fans.
June 1, 2010
This is the first time i realized music could be so GOOD. This is the dvd that actually started me heavy into music. When i watched these performances by Nirvana and heard their raw power, they became my favourite band, and i ahd never loved one bands music more than this until Nirvana Live! Tonight! Sold Out!!. If not for this dvd, i would'nt be the same person i am today.
January 12, 2010
A magical tale of a garage band from Seattle, it sure beats raising cattle, yay!
December 7, 2009
I literally listen to nirvana every day lol i love them.
October 22, 2009
This is easily my favourite Nirvana video. It was originally conceptualized by Kurt Cobain but had to be finished by Krist and Dave because of Kurt's death. The video shows a lot of Nirvana's live performances as well as some interviews and behind the scenes footage. The behind the scenes footage and interviews all help to show people the spirit of this band. The big giant rock band that didn't want to be a big giant rock band and fought back against the mainstream music industry at any opportunity they could get. It also helps to show that Kurt Cobain wasn't always the miserable, depressed artist people generally think of him as. From a lot the books I read (and I've pretty much read them all) he was actually quite happy a lot of the time, but definitely had his demons. This video is nice because it shows a happier, more playful side of Kurt Cobain. And of course the performances speak for themselves. They didn't have a reputation as one of the best live bands in history for no reason. This band is partly responsible for one of the biggest musical revolutions of the modern era and I count myself very fortunate to have lived through it. The band may be no more but fortunately the music and video will last forever.

One other thing I like about this video is the bonus materials. I just got this on dvd last Christmas as I finally wore out my VHS copy with all the repeated viewings. There are 5 extra songs included that were performed in Amsterdam. The Amsterdam show in question is actually the show they used for a lot of the songs on their live CD, From the Muddy Banks of the Wishkah. After listening to said live performances for so many years it was finally nice to see the video that goes along with it.
September 23, 2009
This is what nirvana actually stands for!
½ June 28, 2009
Remember when alt-rock didn't suck? Those were the days