Nishi no majo ga shinda (The Witch of the West Is Dead) Reviews

• Jan 18, 2010

time to clean up our mind!!!

time to clean up our mind!!!

• Jul 04, 2009

story-wise, nothing particularly to note...this film just made me feel like doing gardening, DIY life in the country side.

• Apr 25, 2009

A movie that felts more dependent on the stereotypes of the characters than on acting or story in the end made for a somewhat shallow experience. Based on a popular children's book, I'm sure it made for a wonderful and enjoyable story, but somehow as a movie something seemed to have gotten lost in translation (no pun intended) and too much emphasis seemed to have been placed more on making this be something like "Heidi (of the Alps) in Japan". Perhaps I'm being too harsh on this movie, seeing that alot of other reviewers had very positive impressions about it, but for me, the ending couldn't come soon enough. Also, wasn't Granny supposed to be from England? Whenever she spoke English it always sounded like it was with an American accent. Maybe somebody forgot to tell Sachi Parker that.