No Country for Old Men - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

No Country for Old Men Reviews

May 16, 2016
Five star movie hands down! Watch it! Enough said!
May 10, 2016
Solid film with great performances.
May 5, 2016
a superp film only 1 thing i dident like and it was the ending
½ May 1, 2016
Very unique film with absolutely no music and interesting cuts between scenes. Tommy Lee Jones does an amazing job, along with all the other cast. Excellent dialogue and suspense throughout that leave you feeling every emotion all the way till the end.
May 1, 2016
A very solid film that handles tension brilliantly. The Coen brothers truly know how to build a gloomy universe around quirky characters.
April 23, 2016
Whilst I'll never forgive it for stealing all of 'There Will Be Blood's Oscars, 'No Country For Old Man' is still a fantastic film, and it's difficult to imagine the book ever looking and feeling any better on screen than it does here.

The brilliant cast deliver on expectations and McCarthy's novel was always going to be a hit on the big screen. Add to this, the brilliant Coen brothers who are welcome in any country, regardless of their age (I never regret a pun, not even this one).

It's a truly memorable piece and it's beautifully shot- it's violent and cerebral and completely authentic. I will say though that the book is fairly subtle in many ways and the film is the same. Ultimately, that denies the viewer from any big pay off and somewhat leads to the film fizzling out. It's hard to fault the Coen brothers for sticking to the source material but this may have been an example where a bit of bravery may have paid off ten-fold.

Anyway, it's a heck of a lot better than your average film, that's for sure.
½ April 14, 2016
No Contry For Old Men is about dead and blood. Cohen Brothers donīt care if it was for a good reason or not, neither did we. Is a very imnpresive film. Bardmen was really good with his actuation and really scary. Itīs a masterpiece of sadnes and shocking. And it very good one. One of the best movies I had ever seen.
½ April 13, 2016
slightly badass. good acting
½ April 10, 2016
There is Dark Knight - Joker, The Matrix- Agent Smith, Star wars- Darth Vader, Terminator 2- T1000 and then There is "Anton Chigurh" A league of his own...
½ April 9, 2016
Another well written and deep thought provoking movie.
April 4, 2016
I think this is a film I may need to watch again as I must have missed the point. I just felt ending was anticlimax and it felt like the film had ended too soon. But as I say, maybe this needs another watch to get the most out of it. Javier Bardem is too form though, I'll say that much.
½ March 31, 2016
Silence was golden in this movie.
March 30, 2016
While not necessarily an overt crowd-pleaser of a film, "No Country For Old Men" is definitely more of a healthy, stick-to-your-ribs dose of auteuristic filmmaking at its finest. It almost fes like the eponymous Cormac McCarthy novel was tailor-made for the Coen Brothers' hands. With the pointed nihilism, blistering moral commentary, and occasional kernels of pitch black humor already so intrinsic to McCarthy's story, the Coens' involvement seems inarguably meant to be. Top this off with some of Roger Deakins' finest camerawork, some excellent sound design, and Javier Bardem's legendary turn as "Anton Chigurh," and you have the makings of a truly memorable cinematic experience.
March 28, 2016
one of the Coen's masterpeices
March 27, 2016
An enthralling game of chase, with a terrifying villain. It can be hard to follow at times, but it does so in the name of great storytelling.
½ March 26, 2016
So after watching a few Coen brothers movies in got told to watch this film and from the off in was in, loved the look, great story, great actors, loved Josh Brolin'so character!
The whole film is had myself cheering him on watching him over come every fight by the skin of his teeth but then out of nowhere he's dead... and I was like wait what?
And I just felt myself caring less and less about the ending of this film till it got to the point where I was just playing on my phone as were the people who I was with, it's like they gave up on how to end it...
Great story ruined by the ending.
March 22, 2016
I'll give it one star for having good casting. But the story is ponderous, bleak, and lacks movement. When you finally think you get some penultimate resolution, the movie cops out for off-screen actions that are out of line with the rest of the movie.
March 14, 2016
I know this movie, as well as other Coen Brothers' movies, gets praised for not I know this movie, as well as other Coen Brothers' movies, gets praised for not following any rules and just being unpredictable. I'll give it that, it's unpredictable, but I don't necessarily think that makes a movie good. For starters, it's quite slow paced. Then, you have all this build up that basically leads to nothing. A completely anti-climatic ending. I'm not denying there's good cinematography and acting, but there's really nothing to be learned from watching this. No one learns or really accomplishes anything. It just kinda feels like we all wasted our time.
½ March 10, 2016