No Good Deed - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

No Good Deed Reviews

February 8, 2015
Samual L Jackson starring in a film noir with Stellan Skarsgard call me curious of this forgotten one, not to be confused with that other "no good deed"
½ September 22, 2014
Nothing to impressive here as No Good Deed just kind of trickles along and though it is never dull it never really becomes good either.
June 17, 2013
this film is a joke,
½ May 28, 2013
I wasted an hour and a half on this rubbish, would have given up sooner if it were not for the veteran cast, unbelievably terrible acting from some terrific actors made this film even worse than if it had been a bunch of am dram's, at least they could have been forgiven! This is the worst film I have ever seen, and I've seen some stinkers! I actually would rate Hercules in New York as a much better film!
May 27, 2013
No good film. Bafflingly awful.
½ September 6, 2012
Watched for Jackson and Jovovich, got Skarsgard and Hutchison as bonus. It's a pretty lame story about a bank heist a cello playing cop, but the acting is good. The director of Blood and Wine does well, but it's generally lackluster. Get to see a little Jovovich nipple, but this is just for die-hard fans of noirs or the actors.
June 10, 2012
Started off alright but quickly becomes boring and tries too hard to be intellgent and thrilling.
May 8, 2012
A fairly well-crafted drama/thriller that certainly doesn't bore.
February 1, 2012
This was ok, on the verge of two and a half though. The story seemed to go no where and the characters weren't really developed all to well.
½ October 24, 2011
[10/11] Dieser Film ist leider alles andere als spannend und die Besetzung ist zum Teil aich kaum zu ertragen. Normalerweise mag ich Milla Jovovich wirklich gern, aber hier wirkte sie blass und emotionslos.
½ August 7, 2011
It's an absorbing, atmospheric noir with nice little touches.
July 18, 2011
Bought but not yet watched
½ April 16, 2011
For as good as Samuel Jackson is? This one didn't do it. Very disappointing...
August 21, 2010
Si, es Hammet.Y Rafelson (aunque hace tanto que no le veo que no se con que comparar, ya). Uno esperaria mas, entonces. Si no fuera por todas las actuaciones (brillantes, incluso Mila), el guion flaco y rellenado a los apurones darĂ­a un poco de pena.
July 5, 2010
Boring. Samuel L. Jackson deserved a better role than this.
½ May 9, 2010
Korni heist-jannari poliisista, jolla on diabetes ja joka soittaa selloa, seka naisesta, joka femme fatalen elkein paneskelee tiensa huipulle ja soittaa pianoa, Jovovich vakuuttaa ulkonaollaan edella mainitunlaisena hahmona, muttei vuorovaikutuksellaan, kunkin aijan kanssa, Jackson ei tee oikein mitaan ihmeellista, halpista...
xxdebxx
March 11, 2010
Samuel L. Jackson plays a cop who works in grand theft auto, but decides to help a grieving neighbor by finding her runaway daughter, believed to be with a boyfriend on Turk Street. He stumbles on a gang of bank robbers who takes him hostage because they think they've been discovered. The elements include the mastermind and ruthless gangster, a femme fatale , and rude maniac hit-man. Milla Jovovich as Erin does a good job of playing a femme fatale and is highly believable in her role as a woman who plays all the men against each other. Doug Hutchinson of The Green Mile makes a great Hoop and was very convincing. Stellan Skarsgćrd as Tyrone is the boss and mastermind. His biggest task seems to be holding everything together and breaking up fights among his hang of misfits. Fairly watchable.
½ January 13, 2010
Though it had an interesting premise, and the acting was pretty well done, the one major problem with "No Good Deed" was that for a lot of the film it was like....boring. I don't know how else to put it....it had a lot of dull moments. But some ways the film was executed saved it from being ABSOLUTELY horrible.

So basically when SLJ goes to look for his neighbor's daughter, he has no idea what he's getting himself into. He's taken hostage by a whole group of robbers, and he has to find a way out. Most of the film is dialogue going on between the criminals, and their plans about getting out of the country. Other scenes are of Jackson pretending to escape, or him playing music. And that's basically your film.

The acting was split in half. A few actors did good jobs with their rolls, and some didn't Jackson, Jovovich, and Starsgard all did well, and yes Milla did act well, and I was pretty surprised. The acting that the old couple did was a little silly, and the crazy dude (I don't know his name), was just ridiculous throughout the whole thing. So I don't know....

Something that was really annoying, was that in the first half off the film, some of the continuity shots really frustrated me. Jackson says he doesn't wanna do something, but the next shot is of him doing it! And that happens like literally 4 times in the movie. If it's gonna happen, tell me that he agrees! What...are we just supposed to presume that he gives in? What the hell? Anyway....that pissed me off. There were a lot of tight close ups on the actors eyes, didn't really think that was necessary, but whatever. Some of the shots of the music playing were done well though.

I guess it was a pretty entertaining flick. It got really dull at certain points, the acting was good, but got kind of ridiculous at points, and the cinematography was pretty well handled. The only problem with "No Good Deed", was that those dull points made the film REALLY dull, and that's how this movie suffered, and that's why it wasn't as good as it should have been.
½ January 11, 2010

½ December 20, 2009
Bob Rafelson var som mest aktiv pÄ 70-80 talet nÀr han gjorde nÄgra minnesvÀrda filmer och det mÀrks, denna film kÀnns gammal. Om en polis som hÄlls gisslan hos nÄgra bankrÄnare dÀr Stellan SkargÄrd som ligaledaren Àr den som utmÀrker sig mest, Samuel L. Jackson som den diabetesdrabbade polisen som hÄlls gisslan Àr en helt vanlig roll för Sam som han kan göra med bakbunda hÀnder..Ok spÀnning..