No Holds Barred - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

No Holds Barred Reviews

½ June 2, 2016
Cheesy and corny, but entertaining. Its a fun film from 1989 and probably could have made more money if would've been released during the Spring not Summer. Maybe somewhere between 20 to 25 million but I'm only guessing. The film needs a remake and hopefully Hulk Hogan can reprise his role and make sure he doesn't make the same mistakes. But this is a great guilty pleasure film even if it is silly.
½ July 31, 2015
I hadn't watched this movie in probably 20+ years and I must say it hasn't really aged all that well. But with all the drama surrounding the Hulkster these days, I was afraid Netflix might pull this movie and I had to rewatch it before that happened. It's easily one of the most awesomely cheesy late 80's movies right up there with Bill Cosby's "Leonard Part 6." I hope whoever they tapped to score this movie never worked in Hollywood again because it's fucking terrible. And I'd also like to know when Hulk and Vince were sitting around trying to name his character, why would they choose something as lame as "Rip"? I've got to give credit where credit is due though...Joan Severance was really smoking hot back in the day. And this movie still has one of the best lines ever "Well if it isn't the teeny wangers." Hilarious.
½ April 18, 2015
Just a silly,stupid threadbare comedy.
April 12, 2015
Childhood classic. Saw this movie at least 20 times in the local theater with my brother. Back in the days of $2 movie nights!
February 17, 2015
Rip: What's that SMELL?
Limo Driver: Dooo... dooo... doookie!
½ February 9, 2015
Not even gonna waist my short valuable life watching more than 15 minutes of it.
½ February 8, 2015
I loved this movie when it came out when I was five, but nowadays it's still fun to watch once in awhile. Super cheesy with terrible acting, and Rip's (Hogan) brother pretty much cries the whole movie which is weird. How did that audition go? "We need you to be a crybaby with make - up that looks like you got beat up minus the swelling" Haha!
½ January 7, 2015
not really that great but brings me back to my childhood
January 1, 2015
Worse than I remembered, didn't think that was possible.
December 28, 2014
Apart from the obvious snickers that come with this being a WWE film, the bad guys want Hulk Hogan and Deebo to wrestle on WTN.
November 20, 2014
October 31, 2014
Considering this to be a movie that's so bad it's good. Such films as Suburban Commando and the Ultimate Weapon are just basically unwatchable! For this however, at least you can enjoy seeing how bad it is! A guilty pleasure, to say the least.
½ August 10, 2014
Some movies are so bad they're good. This is not one of them.
July 16, 2014
Even with the horrible acting, I will always like this movie.
June 7, 2014
It's campy, but takes itself seriously at odd moments. It's big, dumb fun, but I wouldn't necessarily call it good. At the end of the day, it's exactly what you'd expect: a late 1980s wrestling movie, starring Hulk Hogan, where they cling to the idea that wrestling matches are authentic, and not crafted with predetermined outcomes. So seriously does it take itself, and the good vs. evil theme, that the villain cripples Hogan's younger brother and attempts to murder our hero during the climactic match.
½ May 25, 2014
Pretty meatheaded and macho which is what I expected, and was in the mood for. He wasnt very good, but Hogan acted better than I would have ever imagined.
½ May 19, 2014
for someone reason this seemed like an entirely different movie when I saw it as a kid. Eh, 80 cheese fun.
May 17, 2014
kindof sorry hulk hulk movie but was still fun to watch
May 11, 2014
A childhood favorite.. Acting isn't very good but if you grew up watching and loving Hulk Hogan you will enjoying seeing "Rip" who is basically Hulk Hogan wearing blue shorts and doing some hand sign gimmick..